Confused..need an explanation please.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's this girl that comes to my work now and then and buys something from me and I can tell she wants me to ask her out, but in chatting to her she mentions a boyfriend (no ring). Why in the world does she do that if she's hoping I will ask her out? Do girls think that's a smart thing to do?? It seems dumb to me.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps you mistake her friendliness as her "wanting to ask you out". Perhaps she isn't interested at all.

Question though, how old is this girl?

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, I'm positive she wants me to ask her out. She's 18 or 19.

Joe Stud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why r u positive? so many guys report "we had a great time", or "we had a great connection"... only to be friendzoned.

is your evaluation backed up? either way, ask her out. save some time.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's just give you the benefit of the doubt here.

1. She's interested in you and probably getting tired of her boyfriend. She wants to hook up with you to see if you're better then him. Once it's confirmed, she will dump him and be official with you. This is commonly called branch swinging.

2. She's interested in hooking up with you but still want to stay with her boyfriend. Now you're just her boy toy, a temporary distraction from her real relationship.

I wouldn't bother with this type if you're easily emotionally attached or have much respect for relationships. For good quick fun and run, it's great.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, so she mentions the boyfriend so I know she's only down for a fling? (to begin with at least) It just seemed like a nonsense roadblock, but that kinda makes sense. Thanks.