Confidence vs RP Knowledge

Sinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey

Wanted to discuss a recent reel I came across of Rollo and Myron discussing what they would rather have men learn first.

Myron made the point about having confidence first will lead you to better results off the bat. It made me question the advice I'm giving to a friend who's working on their own self improvement. My friend suffers from a lack of confidence due to being out of shape (he's working on it albeit slowly). The thing with my friend is that he's had success with women despite being out of shape to which I remind him often. He uses his current body shape to justify why his approaches now wouldn't work simply because women wouldn't find him attractive.

Now comes Rollo's point about understanding female nature/Redpill praxeology, my friend knows quite a bit about it from his successes but now reverts back to not having confidence in himself to apply that knowledge on his approaches. We often discuss these topics, he knows how having good game can get your foot in the door.

Am I giving the wrong advice? I tell my friend to approach anyway, I tell him he's pulled women before even when he was not confident but in shape. For him it seems to be a mental block on only his body. Should I try and keep him more honest in the gym until he gets back in shape? The guys been a loyal friend for a long time and always had my back so I want to support him where I can.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off they aren’t mutually exclusive.

I disagree Myron’s advice. Not surprising because he is grifter that does not know what the hell he is talking about.

True confidence comes from work and preparation. Men need to learn the game like a student first. Then apply the principles in live scenarios hundreds of times. Do not try to make the shvt up as you go along without the background knowledge because you will develop and reinforce bad habits.

“Confidence” as described in the OP is essentially faking it until you make it. That is false bravado. People sniff it out eventually because it evaporates quickly when shvt gets tough. Since the work and preparation were not done, there is nothing to fall back on.

Sinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off they aren’t mutually exclusive.

I disagree Myron’s advice. Not surprising because he is grifter that does not know what the hell he is talking about.

True confidence comes from work and preparation. Men need to learn the game like a student first. Then apply the principles in live scenarios hundreds of times. Do not try to make the shvt up as you go along without the background knowledge because you will develop and reinforce bad habits.

“Confidence” as described in the OP is essentially faking it until you make it. That is false bravado. People sniff it out eventually because it evaporates quickly when shvt gets tough. Since the work and preparation were not done, there is nothing to fall back on.
So in this instance, I should advise my friend to simply reset, get in shape and study before bothering to approach again?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So in this instance, I should advise my friend to simply reset, get in shape and study before bothering to approach again?
I'm not buying your friends excuse. Improving looks is artificial confidence. You said it yourself, he had previous success despite being out of shape.

He needs to get at the root of his lack of confidence. Confidence is developed thru hard work from applying what you have learned, and accomplishing goals not related to looks. Looks is superficial, always has been always will be thats why they don't create confidence. Most gym rats/steroid users are a great example, Some of the most insecure men I've ever met and they always lack in other areas. In fact I bet one will get triggered by what I just posted.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not buying your friends excuse. Improving looks is artificial confidence. You said it yourself, he had previous success despite being out of shape.

He needs to get at the root of his lack of confidence. Confidence is developed thru hard work from applying what you have learned, and accomplishing goals not related to looks. Looks is superficial, always has been always will be thats why they don't create confidence. Most gym rats/steroid users are a great example, Some of the most insecure men I've ever met and they always lack in other areas. In fact I bet one will get triggered by what I just posted.
I call it BS, looks does improve confidence, not the only thing but it does, just like money and freedom.

An obese guy will never have full confidence in like a ripped guy no matter how yo put it if he's unable to see his junk cause of his gut.

I was one of them, and after getting in shape, its night and day difference in confidence increase. Just like making money, a guy making 100k/y will feel better than one making 40k.

Muscles and Money is all you need, game comes with experience but it will come.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I call it BS, looks does improve confidence, not the only thing but it does, just like money and freedom.

An obese guy will never have full confidence in like a ripped guy no matter how yo put it if he's unable to see his junk cause of his gut.

I was one of them, and after getting in shape, its night and day difference in confidence increase. Just like making money, a guy making 100k/y will feel better than one making 40k.

Have you suffered from body image issues in the past?

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you suffered from body image issues in the past?
Body image issues is broad, I didn't suffer it in s way of what you might refer to as a trauma. At some point is fair to say that everyone out of shape wants to make all kind of gainz.

Why I may ask?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Body image issues is broad, I didn't suffer it in s way of what you might refer to as a trauma. At some point is fair to say that everyone out of shape wants to make all kind of gainz.

Why I may ask?
Just trying to better understand where you were coming from.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're not a natural or otherwise lack game, you need to 1) know what to do/how to be; 2) implement it.

First step can be daunting, running into moral dilemmas for instance, by the **** we're programmed with. To even only make the plan for daring to be a man, all that. Beyond that this step isn't particularly hard. "Be a baller" sounds of course good, doing it is harder.

I'm stuck at step 2. I understand I'm boring, a mild scarcity (because I am scarce), non-persistent and all that, I'm just floored by life in many aspects so faking up all that **** is challenging.

Captain Rizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
by "redpill" do you mean pickup?

Because redpill is a political cope for bitter, emotional men. Pickup is just a crash-course in flirting that emulates the behavior of men who are naturals.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always confidence, I'd put it above anything else as the most important thing a man should have, it impacts every single aspect of life.

parabellum

Don Juan
Reaction score

Just beware the excess of money doesn’t really matter. All you need is the right amount of money to live the life you want.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really see the point in 'what comes first'. You need some confidence to start improving yourself and when you learn more you get more confidence from improving yourself. So one builds up the other and vice versa.