Commercials which promotes AFCness

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, stop promoting your friggin thread everywhere, because you'll find that in some places, like this thread, it doesn't make any sense.

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
See when a guy buys AXE or TAG thinking they will get girls by spraying it on them is wrong. What there doing is giving them selfs fake confidence lol. You notice how the smell of AXE lasts like 5 minutes. If it was really supose to make you smell good how come the smell doesnt last? Don't buy that garbage. Deoderant is all you need. And then your choice of your favorite cologne.

[]D [] []V[] []D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that axe is a good deoderant. It has good smell and sometimes girls WILL smell it on you. (Ive been commented on it before)

And you guys shouldnt be judging axe so bad. If anything, it's TAG body spray thats the worst.

YET as Phat stated above, IT DOES ONLY LAST 5MIN!!! maybe less..

Can someone tell/teach me where and how (how close) to spray it so that it will have the best effects? Also, I've only used axe before, does cologne last longer? Can someone compare the 3 things, body spray, cologne, and deoderant!

phoneproblems

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Dr. Pepper ad is mocking the AFC. It says you are better of being a man than a douche bag. it says Dr. Pepper will make you the man. I don't see it promoting AFC.

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phat
See when a guy buys AXE or TAG thinking they will get girls by spraying it on them is wrong. What there doing is giving them selfs fake confidence lol. You notice how the smell of AXE lasts like 5 minutes. If it was really supose to make you smell good how come the smell doesnt last? Don't buy that garbage. Deoderant is all you need. And then your choice of your favorite cologne.
Uh, I use Axe from time to time cause I have that canister readily available to spray on me when I need to go somewhere nice soon and I haven't bathed for awhile. It doesn't give me "false confidence" Do you even know what the **** you're talking about?

mdwstjuggler

Reaction score
Anyone see the VW commercial with the touarge SUV? This(bout a 8-9 if I was rating guys) AFC is taking a testdrive of the vehical in town and tells the salesman(passenger seat) in the car to duck down so this girl(HB 8) walking down the street cant see him..He pulls up to the curb and rolls down the window and says.."Hi HB(name)"..She stops walking,Takes a step towards the car and says through the rolled down window "AFC(name),I see your doing well".AFC says "um,yea?!?"(timidly)..HB says "See ya around"..AFC says "ok?"(like a frightened puppy dog)...they drive off...salesman says "EX GF?".AFC says"YEA!!".....I about puked..

It sends a bad message that,You need high-end vehical/money to even think about being with a woman..Also for the woman that she should expect no less from anyone she is interested in..No wonder why the youngsters are going to be social retards growing up in the world today.

Stig

Reaction score
Warlord said:
Uh, I use Axe from time to time cause I have that canister readily available to spray on me when I need to go somewhere nice soon and I haven't bathed for awhile. It doesn't give me "false confidence" Do you even know what the **** you're talking about?
Apologies in advance for this long post, but...

It seems like a lot of people are confusing the Axe commercials (Lynx in some countries) with the product. Bashing Axe for the commercials makes about as much sense as buying it for the commercials.

It's unfortunate, because I think it's a great product. I've been using it for more than a year, and I've received a lot of unsolicited compliments and zero complaints. It won't get you laid (duh!), but like any other effective scent, it can enhance attraction.

Axe is just a scented body spray with a pleasant, masculine odor (at least with the "Orion" and "Unlimited" scents). It happens to work really well as a deodorant, and as a cologne substitute that you can spray on your body that will keep you smelling good throughout the day. (You couldn't use it as a deodorant if it stayed on you for just for just five minutes, as a couple people claimed here.) I think people stop noticing it because it becomes part of their scent, and people can't perceive their own scents. That's why guys with really bad B.O. don't know it (even if everyone else does).

The biggest problem with Axe is that it's become a fad. I understand there's a lot of poor, hapless, Axe-reeking juveniles who practically bathe in the stuff because they think it's going to get them laid. It's almost as overpowering as their scent of desperation, and the poor young girls who are having to endure this may be learning to associate Axe with miserable AFCs. (Needless to say, those girls are going to be women someday.) And because it's so popular, there's a possibility that if you use Axe, you'll smell like some of the AFCs your target has encountered.

Then again, that hasn't been a problem for me, and maybe those possible negatives don't really make a difference. Just like a girl won't sleep with an AFC because of his body spray, she isn't going to ditch a guy because of his body spray, either. (Unless she has some SERIOUS issues.)

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is funny.
A couple weeks ago I was shopping around Sav On and I needed a new bath gel and I saw some bottles of Axe. I bought a couple, thought they smelled good.
I've been using them since, dig the soap, I prefer gels to bar soap.

I've never seen these commercials. Television bores the phUck outta me so I have no idea what they are about. I use the soap cause I like the way it smells, simple as that. I'm not gonna stop using it simply because it "promotes AFC-ness."

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how about the beer commercials that make you think that if you get drunk off their product, you will attract beautiful women and have "BIG "fun.

heck, just cause you walk into a place and order their product and get drunk, doesnt mean you will end up attracking anyone or for that matter even have "little" fun.

so these have to be on afc commercial lists.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/240105/inside/

Not only are the males all chasing "ONE GIRL" and fighting over "ONE GIRL" but in order to get her attention they are doing it by trying to give her a present! (and comitting crime in the process) and the woman of coarse is the intelligent and oblivious one.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Most men who buy this product did not buy it because they smell this prodcut on another guy's body and thought it was really good but rather bought it because they saw a commercial of an AFC that is getting some and that triggered something inside them. Sex always sells.

DjDamage
AXE = stuff you spray on your body to try and make yourself smell better, in hopes of increasing your chances with women.

Cologne = stuff you spray on your body to try and make yourself smell better, in hopes of increasing your chances with women.

The extent that you think there's a difference, is the extent that you are influenced by these products marketing attempts.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just the trees that scent the breeze,with rare and magic perfume?....Nup it's me...After half a Century of regarding scents,Pomades and Colognes as Sissy,used only by Frenchmen and Homosexuals,a few years ago after starting to date Asian Ladies,I changed my ways......For the great unwashed who have never sampled the delights of Asian Ladies,be aware these ladies have the most sensitive olfactories,and it gets worse,they find Caucasian Men really offensive....Take a look at the next Chinese girl you see,chances are she does not have a hair on her arms or just about anywhere else on her body and even though she will perspire even more than us she will never becomes offensive,maybe its the unique flora that has evolved to live on their skin and devour any bacteria?And so it came to deoderants,the most effective I have found with these girls is something resembling their own perfume....Many Male perfumes smell like Paint thinners..An interesting aside.....Back in my dim distant past I married a Hill Billy girl....She had been brought up in the Australian Bush eight miles from the nearest neighbour,70 miles from the nearest school...her Father had been a Gold Fossicker in the Great Depression and had built a primitive cottage...with only his Horses and Dogs for companions he had rung barked about five hundred acres and with only an axe,cross cut saw and stump puller had made a five acre clearing on which using only bush materials he had built this cottage....Now to the point...They had precious little water and the thought of showers and baths would never have crossed their minds.....No they would just have a Cats lick in a hand basin....Now the interesting thing was,these people all had perfect complexions,peaches and creme,and they never ever smelt offensive

Hooligan Harry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy crap. I use Axe because it smells good. Anyone who is active knows that while women like sweat, they dont like the smell of STALE sweat.

You dont put on underarm because you want to impress the *****es. You put on underam for the same reason you keep your nails clipped.

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:

Not only are the males all chasing "ONE GIRL" and fighting over "ONE GIRL" but in order to get her attention they are doing it by trying to give her a present! (and comitting crime in the process) and the woman of coarse is the intelligent and oblivious one.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

That commercial had me dyin'!!!

You right about that commercial, though - it's aimed at women but it's degrading to men...

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:

Ha- its from JC Penny too; why am I not suprised. Their marketing department is either completely emeshed in the Matrix or has rediculous insight into the vanity of women and the AFCness of men.