College Crash Course: Advice Needed

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo everyone, I'm looking for a little wisdom from guys who have either finished College or are familiar with the Univ. "game." I'm new here, but feel free to hit me with all the wake-up calls and reality checks you've got because I'm trying to learn a thing or two. :p

Here's some background to work with if you need it:

I'm about 5'10, muscular (boxing)

Business Major

Univ is predominantly an "education major" school.

Mostly female college

----

Keep it chill guys. :up:

mcpwn

Don Juan
Reaction score
im in colelge as well hehe jsut starting out, advice is neeededd

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys are going to have to be a little more specific. I mean do you have a problem with a particular girl? what? There are plenty of ways to meet girls in college. Just don't be nervous, have confidence in yourself, make her laugh (I like C&F), etc. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of cold approaches because I haven't had a whole lot of success with them. However, meeting girls through class, work, and friends is a great way IMO. Just go out there.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope your both not the same person trying to pump your thread like that.

Anyways you "guys" have to give a little bit more info. Asking for plain advice is pointless unless you know what you want.

Well sence you want advice, here it is. "Stay in school, and don't do drugs."

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Regurgitating an old post.

I just graduated college and it was a killer time! I'd definitely suggest that first semester... live on campus/residence. Reason being is that its a bunch of people all within 3 feet of you to meet.

Living off campus will provide you with excuses. "I'm too tired. Its too far."

Meet some cool people first semester, and then think about getting your own place. Chances are your first roommate you may not like. You'd both be strangers starting to live with each other, which is always a shock... but its good for breaking you outta your shell.

You're legal to drink which definitely opens doors... always keep a nice stash of alcohol, it says to other people "This guys a cool guy... definitely want to hang out/get to know this guy". Simple fact... alcohol + college = Fun + ***** lol... but likely not so much good at school.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FIRST MONTH! Trust me on this... everyone is new and looking to make friends and everyone is going to be nervous as for most its the first time away from home. First night, invite a bunch of random people back to your place for a beer. You'll instantly be the Alpha male on the floor because you made the initative.

aldaris

Banned
Reaction score
MooseGod said:
How about studying and doing well in class? It's not the answer you wanted to hear, but you'll wish you listened to it.
thanks, dad :moon: . hey, guys...you wanna work your love muscle to the point where your initials become STD. this is your chance to live life until you have to start to act sensible and marry some broad who i probably had back in the day.

one cool hint. get yourself a golf cart and ride that bad boy around campus. honk at all the chubbies for me. ask them if they want a ride. advertise parties that you are throwing on it. get it? good, lets continue...

join the hippest fraternity on campus. that's right. i said it - join a frat. all it takes is to perform some gay **** with some of the other pledges. hell, you will probably enjoy it. holding another guy's third leg won't hurt ya. after you are in you will get to command the hottest drunken orgies known to man! fatties and booze. damn, i miss those days. my phi delt brothers and i took the intramural football trophy two years in a ****ing row!

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My only advice is dont be a fool, wrap your tool.

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, okay....now that the opening jokes have been thrown...

My problem isn't a specific girl (I don't let any one girl get me down, I used to let that happen but I found out the hard way that the relationships that exist in the media aren't the relationships in REAL life.) Call it the painful realization, but I'm past that part.

I'm looking for this:

1) What signs are there that can help weed out potential "bad" candidates in a hook-up, fling, relationship, etc? Are there any typical red flags for those girls that later bring stress and drama?

2) How do I effectively and maturely deal with other guys hitting on a girl I'm talking to or currently seeing?

3) Stories (good/bad) about college from DJs, past-afc, etc.

By the way, I'm working hard in college...hell it ain't cheap and I'm working to pay for it. Women are just one aspect of my life, but in college you study many things, right?

Sorry for being vague...:eek:

aldaris

Banned
Reaction score
Frats! Frats! Frats! even the losers who join the crappy frats get chicks. the rest of the boys end up playing games online and joining dj forums.

answers to your questions..

1) you want a girlfriend in college? you are helpless. i needed a new one at least twice a week. that might be the reason i transfered three times. there is no bad candidate in a hook-up. i banged chicks that were on the soccer team :crazy: . that should tell you how selective i was! it is college. flip-flops and fat girls. best time of your life.

2) never had that happen to me. sorry.

3) you want the ones involving my bed or the shower?

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
aldaris said:
Frats! Frats! Frats! even the losers who join the crappy frats get chicks. the rest of the boys end up playing games online and joining dj forums.

answers to your questions..

1) you want a girlfriend in college? you are helpless. i needed a new one at least twice a week. that might be the reason i transfered three times. there is no bad candidate in a hook-up. i banged chicks that were on the soccer team :crazy: . that should tell you how selective i was! it is college. flip-flops and fat girls. best time of your life.

2) never had that happen to me. sorry.

3) you want the ones involving my bed or the shower?

LOL....Glad to see a healthy sense of humor. I'm looking into fraternities right now, but with the the semester close to half over...I'd say it would best to leave that 'til next year.

No way man, I'm not "looking" for a girlfriend...if it comes....meh, not a big deal. I just wanted to know if there are tell-tale signs that a chick is gonna make your life **** 'cause she wasn't on the same page.

Stories....anything worth a laugh.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
aldaris said:
thanks, dad :moon: .
No problem, son.

I lived like Van Wilder for my first 3 semesters of school, it was lots of fun...then I was put on academic suspension and spent the 3 semesters after that fixing my ****ty GPA. Don't make the same mistake I (and many others) made.

To the OP: Have fun, and be real with people, and find a BALANCE between school and partying. You may get quite a few chicks when you're drinking 24/7, but you won't get so many if you screw it all up and end up working at Burger King because you ****ed off in college and didn't actually go to class or study.

And as far as relationships go, a good majority of people meet their significant other in college. Don't obsess over finding "the one" though, just have fun and fun people will find you.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about 5'10, muscular (boxing)

Do you fight competitively? This is not a college-specific answer, but I have found that women like fighting. Most are not a fan of it, but as with any other risk taking behavior, they are attracted to it in a man. A myspace or facebook page that shows you fighting would get attention. I am not advocating spending your college life at a computer, but if you have an interesting side of yourself to show online, you can use that to get dates, then your game gets you laid. If you are having a lot of sex, regardless of the route you used to get that sex, then you will not be so worried about getting the most of the college experience.

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on and off competitive with boxing, I took a brake for a while to get situated with Uni, but I still train a lot.

Thanks for the semi-warm welcome to SS.:D