Cold approaches walking down the street

Status
Not open for further replies.

roguenoir

Reaction score
It seems that HB's you see walking down the street aren't in the best situation to be approached but I see tons and tons of these hot girls everywhere I walk to so I feel like I'm wasting tons of opportunities if I do nothing. So I started approaching them though about half get weirded out and don't say a word back when I simply approach them with a friendly "Hi" followed by any of the following:

1) Opener (usu. opinion)
2) SOI, like "you're cute.. Oh, I'm <X>.."
3) "How's it going.. so what's your name?"

or any variation of these sorts of basic introductions.

Anyone have tips specifically for approaching moving targets (usu. by themselves) walking down the street? Please only respond if you're very experienced in doing these types of approaches as I'm looking for quality , not quantity of info. Thanks.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm experienced enough to say that the "You're cute..." cold approach is the dumbest, most immature approach you could possibly come up with. More guys have been burned by this than I can care to remember. I highly suggest you do not try this. Making the girl feel objectified from the start is NOT a good way to build rapport. Especially if she has an ounce of maturity in her.

roguenoir

Reaction score
Well, that's what I used when I first started or when my head's all foggy and I can't come up with anything to say (remember that the more I try to think on the spot, the more anxiety I build up destroying my desire to approach..) In any case, things haven't gotten much better with other openers.. at least in attracting initial attention for them to stop walking and start talking.

wind20mph

Don Juan
Reaction score
roguenoir,

cold approach is good, but you need to observ whom you are approaching, your mindset is to create an ice breaker. Something that will crack up and she would be smiling. And after introducing yourself, step cack because nobody likes that thier personal space is taken. Maintain the eye contact. And look tall, keep clean because she will notice that.

Good luck.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I learned from cold approaches is that you're not given much to work with. Meaning you have to improvise very cleverly. There are better places for meeting people than the street, seriously.

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for a CA you dont have time to think

you gotta be able to react quickly and on the spot.
for a lot of people, this is not possible (the reasons are numerous)

you cant have a notepad to look from, or lines to memorize with a CA, you just do what comes natural. sure you can have a basis, and maybe some "fall back" lines.

But generally you go into a CA with nothing but quick wit, and charm... so use it, and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.