Cold approach results?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk here about cold approaches. The concept behind this post is to get people to think about the dynamics of the whole thing -- so you your "approach dynamics" become second nature, and don't get to thinking of it when you do approach a gal.

What I'm wondering is how much has come out of cold approaches for you guys. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I'm talking real cold approaches, where you're attracted to a gal, and approach her without either of you sending any sort of signals, such as eye contact, a smile, or certainly not eye contact with a smile.

Anybody have anything really good come out of such cold approaches?

I rarely have, except in cases where a gal I'd not paid attention to pproached me. It's become second nature for me to engage the gal nonverbally first, before I approach.

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
I will tell you like I told the other guy, you need to put your energy into your career and your dreams and have some goals man, doing this one million cold approaches mean absolutely nothing, and if you are trying to impress some body on this site with how many approaches you do, just save it. Women are simple to get, simple to fvck, simple to date, simple, simple, simple. If you dont know that...reply and I will explain further. But after you get them, they cant satisfy you, they are just icing on the cake my friend, put your energy into something worthwhile....seriously.....for real.

AwNaw

Don Juan
Reaction score
PVSSY-Eater, please do explain. I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Scoiland

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AwNaw
PVSSY-Eater, please do explain. I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

what he means is put all your energy and effort into something that is just for you

like work, or some sort of skill you have

Girls are just there to come along for the ride, do not stress about them too hard or else you will seem like every other guy out there.

You must be a busy man, you can still do approaches but don't make it at the top of your priorities list

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make approaching a part of your lifestyle as is breathing. Don't worry about the numbers or outcomes, just do it regularly and without trepidation.

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scoiland
what he means is put all your energy and effort into something that is just for you

like work, or some sort of skill you have

Girls are just there to come along for the ride, do not stress about them too hard or else you will seem like every other guy out there.

You must be a busy man, you can still do approaches but don't make it at the top of your priorities list
That's a very good attitude. I like that. As far as women are concerned, they would be nice but aren't desperately needed. I say pressure yourself to approach more but not too much. Too much is when you take this approach stuff so seriously and becomes a big purpose of your life (that is ... women). Women shouldn't be the one and only purpose in life ... find something else to make you more complete in my opinion.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't take things too seriously myself

Nobody's really answered my question. This came to mind when I saw yet another "cold approach" thread, and it just occurred to me that I could not recall ever picking any gal up without some sort of "buying signals' from her first, or some readymade opener that "pre-warmed" the approach.

The real motive of this thread is that I think guys waste too much energy treating approaching as a salesmanship-like confrontational situation, and too little effort developing the sort of charisma that makes women want to hit on them with cheesy pick-up lines. And this has everything to do with what PVSSY-EATER and Scoiland posted.

I don't take things too seriously regarding women these days. Just do what feels natural, and that's it. If it feels right to approach a particular woman, I do; if it doesn't, I don't. Sometimes the reason lies in me, sometimes in her. I'm not always "on," by any means.

I'm very, very good at picking up vibes... and broadcasting them. With rare exceptions, I tend to establish some sort of non-verbal communication as a matter of course before introducing myself to someone, unless there is a readymade "opener," such as if they are in a band that just played, and I want to give them props.

There are so may woman out there, and I have so much else going on. Also, things happen when you least expect them.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think you're further dividing the term cold-approach into whether you get some type of "buying signal" or indication of interest (IOI) from your target: a smile, eye contact, etc.) before approaching and cold approaches where you don't have a IOI. They're both cold approaches technically 'cause either way you're both strangers. Conventional wisdom is, and I think you agree, that getting an IOI from your target likely is an indication you'll be more successful approaching her. That is probably generally true but I've heard of successful cold approaches without any IOI and I've had girls give me good IOI and were total b!tches when I approached them, worse than when I didn't get indication of interest.

It depends on the setting really. Sometimes the setting just doesn't offer a chance for you to observe her giving you a buying signal. If you try to make eye contact and the opportunity for her to give you a buying signals is there and she doesn't, it seems a good assumption that she's not interested, but I find that's not really always the case. You can't always read chicks on buying signal either way.