Coexisting with Girl who Rejects You

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Met a girl at a meeting. We had a lively debate about an academic issue we're really interested in. Emailed her later that evening to see if she wanted to discuss the issue further. No response.

Will probably see her at future meetings. Should I just act like nothing happened?

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course. Forget about it. This happens all the time. You should be talking to so many girls a week that YOU forget about this email.

I wouldn't have ever emailed either, as guys here have hard-wired that into me.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-haha well if youd called youd have known your answer and wouldnt be wondering WHY
-seeing you seemed to only be asking her for freindly academic banter rather than " date situation" then reasons for ignoring are are likely to be totally different...
- and some people often dont read emails very often

keep texting/emailing and you'll keep getting mediocre results,

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
not trying to hook up with her actually. really just wanted to discuss the academic issue, but i feel like she might have felt like i was asking her out.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
forget 'em! seriously, don't let it bother you one d@mn bit. i acctually love being around girls that have rejected me, or chose another guy over me. why? cause i LOVE when they say hey to me and i give them a half hearted response back like they don't even matter.

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hopelessguy said:
not trying to hook up with her actually. really just wanted to discuss the academic issue, but i feel like she might have felt like i was asking her out.

Hm... your title "...girl who REJECTS you" and the fact that you posted in a pick-up forum kinda seems to indicate otherwise.

Shrug it off and wait til you see her again to ask again, this time in person, if you really don't intend on asking her out.

And even if you do wanna ask her out, do it in person or at least over the phone.

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
well i said she "rejected me" because she might have construed it as my asking her out. but i suppose i was never rejected to begin with if i never had any intention of doing the horizontal monstermash with her.

starplayer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hopelessguy said:
I'm not sure you're being totally honest with us (and yourself).

If it was a dude or a fat ugly girl would you still have emailed to see if she wanted to "discuss the issue further"?

the305

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you emailed a girl a general school related question, she didnt answer and you make a post asking if you should ever talk to her again???

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
possible resoans she "ignored" you, arguable a "freind rejection" is WORSE than a love/sex rejection - your not even good enougth to hang out with!

-she never cheaks emails
-you didnt intrest her enougth when you talked to her (and she was being polite?) - or your skills in reading her were off...
-your email sounded boring
-shes already busy and has plans, so instead of saying "no sorry...etc" she just didnt reply
- she thinks your trying to pick her up, and she aint interested
and many more...
Emailed her later that evening to see if she wanted to discuss the issue further.
IMO if it had that tone, then its boring, what did ur email say?? care to post it?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I tipped a waitress today at a restaurant and she didn't even say "Thanks".

Does that mean her IL is low? Should I go NC or should I just say "You're welcome"?

What's the true DJ way???

well i said she "rejected me" because she might have construed it as my asking her out. but i suppose i was never rejected to begin with if i never had any intention of doing the horizontal monstermash with her.
Translation: Pointless thread about nothing is pointless.

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
Guys, I tipped a waitress today at a restaurant and she didn't even say "Thanks".

Does that mean her IL is low? Should I go NC or should I just say "You're welcome"?

What's the true DJ way???

Translation: Pointless thread about nothing is pointless.
The problem is that you did not do anything to get SEXUAL with the waitress. Next time, try writing your name and number on the tip with a note to call you for a good time and then stuff the tip down her blouse.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Donnie Darko said:
The problem is that you did not do anything to get SEXUAL with the waitress. Next time, try writing your name and number on the tip with a note to call you for a good time and then stuff the tip down her blouse.
lol, I've always wanted to try leaving my number on my bill for a waitress. Also I've thought about writing my number on a bill for the cute girls I've served at the bar I work at.

hopelessguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure you're being totally honest with us (and yourself).

If it was a dude or a fat ugly girl would you still have emailed to see if she wanted to "discuss the issue further"?
She, in fact, is fat and ugly, so yes.

arguable a "freind rejection" is WORSE than a love/sex rejection - your not even good enougth to hang out with!
Yeah, I don't really care about that.

IMO if it had that tone, then its boring, what did ur email say?? care to post it?
Email was boring. But I wasn't trying to engage her emotions. She made an argument. She was clearly wrong. And I wanted a chance to refute it.

Sounds petty, I know. But I like winning on these things.

the305

Don Juan
Reaction score
this thread is pointless...

Igetit!

Reaction score
the305 said:
So you emailed a girl a general school related question, she didnt answer and you make a post asking if you should ever talk to her again???

+1 rep.​