Clothing and Style Changes~ [Help!]

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking about a change of clothes.

I wear black frequently because I just feel great wearing it.

Don't ask me why, it's just been my thing.

I have actually been complimented on my outfit before (nonjokingly, and by a black girl!).

So it's not that atrocious... and it really works for me (at least it feels like it does).

I feel anxious and jittery and... stressed when I wear really bright colors, such as yellow or bright blue. This has something to do with my very small remaining bit of insecurity left over from my social phobic days.

I love to stand out, and I love to be stylish, but I will NOT settle for a t-shirt and jeans!

The only problem is that I don't know where to go!

I'm not looking for anything casual, as it would probably just make me uncomfortable.

So please, recommend some different stores for me, even if they are online (other than Hottopic or like.. abercrombie.. ew..)!

-Thanks

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know you said you dont want Abercrombie or somethin like that, but it really is good stuff. Just go to American Eagle or Aeropostale or Hollister (the cheaper stores, but still good) and get some clothes there. Get some Cargo Shorts, and a few shirts that match the whole surf-mood. I use to dress somewhat like you, then when I changed to this, I got a TON of compliments. From girls and guys (guys just sayin it was about dam time). If you decide to get some pants, get the beat up kind just 1 size too big, and get a good lookin belt. All the stores have dark color clothes, so you dont just have to get baby blue, or white, or anything like that. Even though you don't want casual clothes, I still suggest this, because their clothes are comfortable

If you don't believe me, just get one outfit that looks good, and wear it on Monday. See what the difference is

Chronix

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to wear alot of black in 6th-7th, then started wearing a bunch of ghetto 8th-9th. Now I mostly wear d!ckies for pants/shorts (Plus a few other brands that I found at random stores). With the d!ckies I wear a matching collared shirt or T-Shirt (Random brands, I get shirts for the looks not brands, But one of the brands I do wear is South Pole, I find some of thier collard shirts go good with d!ckies.). Ive had most of my luck with girls in my d!ckies, they look nice and are really comfortable to wear too.

check this site out if your interested, check out the work pants/shorts. http://www.d!ickies.com
In that url replace ! with i.
Walmart and various places sell them too.

-ChroN

Last edited:

john_wilshusen

Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on how much you want to spend and the exact look you are going for. I dress kind of preppy but, as weird as it sounds, with a bit of a country twange. I wear alot of polo, lacoste, burberry, and brooks brothers. Girls love it because they actually know what the brands are and no other guys at my school wear them. If I go with jeans I will wear a pair of boots, most likely a pair of alligators. If you wanted to break down and make an investment in a pair of good boots I'd recommened gators for looks and full quill osterich for looks and comfort. I've gotten more compliments on my gator boots than anything else I wear, spare maybe my US Open Polo. But with most of the clothing I listed you couldn't help but spend a few hundred bucks, atleast 500 for a pair of decent gators and up to 1,000+ for a pair of handmade lucheses and 70 or so for burberry and lacoste shirts, as low as 15 or 20 for polos, but you can accomplish the same look with American Eagle or other brands. How big is the town you live in? Alot of what kind of stuff you can get depends on how big your mall or wherever you shop is.

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Georgia, and we have a heavy ghetto influence.

But my high school has around 3,000 people.

And the county is VERY populated.

Chronix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dante d!ckies go good with a ghetto look. Trust me, try them on in a store, I think you will like them, I used tow ear nothing but ecko, southpole, rocawear, etc. and d!ickies are my favorite short/pants out there now, plus u can wear them on any occasion since they are workpants.

Zerotwoonenine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude have you ever noticed that you only pick up the girls who are similar to you?? like in england we have chavs, gothics and other various styles, since i am in a grammar school and i wear suits, i only go for girls who are in grammar schools as well. So how you dress is very important, if you dress like a rudeboy and try to pick up a goth girl, you can guess the results. Anway all i am saying is, depending on what kind of girls you want to pick up, dress similar to their style to match them, remember, the first impresssion is decided in the first 4 seconds, and depending on how you dress and who you try to pick up, that could be the time she decide to say yes or no to you.

TheMan425

Don Juan
Reaction score
akeith90 said:
I know you said you dont want Abercrombie or somethin like that, but it really is good stuff. Just go to American Eagle or Aeropostale or Hollister (the cheaper stores, but still good) and get some clothes there. Get some Cargo Shorts, and a few shirts that match the whole surf-mood. I use to dress somewhat like you, then when I changed to this, I got a TON of compliments. From girls and guys (guys just sayin it was about dam time). If you decide to get some pants, get the beat up kind just 1 size too big, and get a good lookin belt. All the stores have dark color clothes, so you dont just have to get baby blue, or white, or anything like that. Even though you don't want casual clothes, I still suggest this, because their clothes are comfortable

If you don't believe me, just get one outfit that looks good, and wear it on Monday. See what the difference is
you sound kinda like me. i went with the ghetto look for a while, never got a compliment. then started rockin the polos, better, but still nothin. went i went to pacsun and hollister with the kinda preppy surfer look or whatever and got a pair of sandals. went back to school and got tons of compliments, mostly girls, some guys. some said i look like im goin to the beach but hey, if i get complimented by hot chicks then why not?

anyway, yeah, like zero said, you attract who is similar to you. if you like ghetto chicks then dress ghetto. i happen to like abercrombie/hollister chicks, so i got some new hollister gear and guess what kinda girls complimented me? dont think too hard...youll hurt yourself....

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerotwoonenine said:
remember, the first impresssion is decided in the first 4 seconds, and depending on how you dress and who you try to pick up, that could be the time she decide to say yes or no to you.
I agree, and people do prejudge your whole lifestyle and personality based on how you dress!

This is why I go for a neutral image - smart or smart casual. People say I dress like a catalogue model, which is exactly the look I go for. I usually stick with black or white, or very neutral colours. The cool thing about having a neutral image like this is that I attract all types, from Barbie girls to business women to rock and emo chicks!

If you want to update your image, I highly recommend looking at catalogue models for inspiration.

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel, could you link us to some pics of the style you're talking about? I've been thinking about changing up my wardrobe for a while now since I never get compliments on my style, but I'm not sure which direction to take this.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerotwoonenine said:
Dude have you ever noticed that you only pick up the girls who are similar to you??
Um...i disagree to an extent. I have a friend who is a total scene kid and he get all types of girls.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
My style is kinda boring..i wear t shirts/jeans/sneakers.

I rarely dress up to stunt but i do have the clothes to do it when i want to.

The thing that sets me apart is i buy expensive print t shirts that no one else is rocking. I have a couple hollister buttonups (plain white ones) but i refuse to wear any clothes from a n f hollister abercrombie etc. I just dont dig that "style" at all.

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
I agree, and people do prejudge your whole lifestyle and personality based on how you dress!

This is why I go for a neutral image - smart or smart casual. People say I dress like a catalogue model, which is exactly the look I go for. I usually stick with black or white, or very neutral colours. The cool thing about having a neutral image like this is that I attract all types, from Barbie girls to business women to rock and emo chicks!

If you want to update your image, I highly recommend looking at catalogue models for inspiration.

Catalogue models?

I'm about to have a concussion (yes, the idea = blunt force trauma).

Please explain/send pics.

__

And here in good ol' georgia.

Everybody gets along with everybody.

I've never seen an emo kid. Ever.

I am part of the VERY VERY small goth group.

BUT WE AREN'T ACTUALLY GOTH!

Most of us are intelligent, and fun-loving people.

We tend to be the group most secure with ourselves (judging by others constant depressed moods).

Weird isn't it?

Anyway... I am definitely not going for the ghetto look.

As I said before, I need something a little more eccentric.

I like the idea of a black shirt with black dress pants.

But dancing around in casual clothing makes me lose my "excessive positivity".

You might think I'm kidding but... I'm serious. Clothing that isn't strange and doesn't attract a lot of attention and isn't eye-turning kills my mood. I guess you could say I dance to the beat of a different drummer...

But anyway I'm gonna go clothes-hunting over the summer to get ready for the next, thank you for the recommendations.

Reaction score
Bad thing is most guys at my school some how KNOW how to FREAKING DRESS! they're like chicks most of the popular ones always have white shoes, brand name tshirt or polo, Sports cap and jeans or kahki pants. I always dressed like this and now everyone around me seems to dress like me and it's pissin me off. So if anyone knows a more unique serfer style post picks or tell me how to dress a little DIFFERENT!

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a pair of premium denim and a nice casual dress shirt like D&G or Theory.