Clothes ( What should men wear?)

Kristian Garcia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard that its extra good if you wear something shiny... Like a pink Lacoste shirt:p or a brigth ligth blue hoodie and maybe a cool brace,very shiny one(If you got the hip hopish style).... For the goths its nice hats,very much into symbolic cloths that makes them look intresting. I am the type of guy who have the very low Hip hopish style, I never wear caps or shiny objects, I ordinary dress very dark,like a dark hoddie,jeans and whine nikes. When I heard from Mystery he said that it always good too have very colorful cloths and shiny objects. I need a opinoin what you guys think is the best to wear and some tip about this,like colors etc.:up:

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wear a suit whenever you can and sport a nice watch. Doors will open for you left and right and chics will think you have your sh*t together.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Come now...I see little 14 year old boys around here sporting suits (that rarely seem to fit). In saying that, I also see 12 year old boys drinking cheap vodka in the park when it is freezing outside (and when it is sunny and nice).

What should you wear? Anything but flip-flops and shorts. Save those for the beach or the pool.

Mystery dresses like a severe qu---. Furry hats and dead animals on your back are just plain stupid. Remember, he is trying to sell you a product. If he looked and acted like you nobody would buy his stuff.

In the end, be more concerned with how the female dresses. If she isn't wearing heels you should have problems. I don't care how old she is. If she is old enough to attract male attention she needs to be wearing heels and makeup.

fresh_to_death

Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out www.kinowear.com, it's actually pretty goodn for advice, tips, color combinations and not corny in the wear only Prada and Gucci kind of way. Just check out any of the designer clothing stores websites to get a good idea of what's hot. Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom's, etc... If you are into the urban/skurban/punk type of clothing www.turntablelab.com, www.threadless.com, thegiantpeach.com, www.drjays.com

Also if you have the time check out some french hip hop clothing stores. The french are getting pretty crazy with their t-shirt and shoe designs.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That kinowear site was alright, but it was pretty complex.

Some basics:
========
*Make sure its YOU (already been said).

*If you wear something flashy, make sure you back it up with a social personality. (Got this from the kinowear article, thanks fresh to death).

*Don't think "Oooh I'll be matching if I wear all black." I've made this mistake before. Theres nothing "bad" looking about wearing all black per se (minus the emo connections if you have hair that can be misconstrued as emo), but it just doesn't look good.
-If you wear a black or dark colored top, wear lighter colored blue jeans.

Some Lost And Confused tips for buying jeans:
============================
*I suggest you buy jeans at the stores themselves, not online. Its okay to buy shirts and hoodies and other stuff online, but with jeans, you can never be sure. I thought I bought a pair of black jeans the other day that had a decoration on the back pockets, but it turned out they were dark dark indigo...and the denim was messed up which leads me to my next point...

*Denim. It wears out. So heres a couple of tips.
-Maybe let your jeans air dry, just hang them up. Don't put them in a dark closet though because it will get mildew.
-Don't always wash your jeans with every wear. Maybe once every other wear or once every three wears. Yeah, I know it sounds nasty, but every time you wash a pair of jeans, you wear them out. So when you do wear your jeans, make sure you don't get them dirty, and don't do anything athletic in them to soil them with sweat.
-Some REALLY tough denim can't be ironed. So when you wash those the first couple of times you can't put them in a dryer, because they will get wrinkled and you'll be S.O.L until the denim wears out a little.

*Good jeans cost expensive. Sorry, but its true. If you buy cheap jeans, go for a solid color. Don't get cheap jeans that have the white lining, because most likely it wasn't done right and it will start to look *really* lame after washing it a couple times.
-You may be better off buying three pairs of pretty expensive jeans (100 dollars and up) then buying 6+ 30-80 dollar jeans.
-With that same point, get a ton of different shirts. You want to be spending just as much, if not more, on shirts and tops as you do with jeans and other bottoms. You really want more variety with shirts than you do with jeans. People don't mind/notice when you wear the same jeans multiple times in a week as much as they notice the same shirt.

*Lastly, and almost most importantly, make sure the jeans are *you*. Go to that drjays.com site that fresh to death posted. They have a ton of brands there. I've bought clothes from them before. Also try:
http://www.cluburban.com <---they have great hoodies.
-Make sure your jeans are the same style as your top. Baggy fit jeans = wear a top that fits the same style
-Don't wear baggy clothing if it doesn't fit you.
-If you do get baggy jeans, many of them have decorations on the back pocket. If you sag, make sure you only sag to where your top isn't covering the back pockets. Any more and you'll look lame.
-Some Jeans are tight fitting. Wear them only if you feel they are "you."
-Ask a salesperson at the store of your choice what jean fit fits you. I highly suggest you make sure the salesperson looks like you. That way, if they are really meaning to be helpful, they can notice the similarity too and pick out something for you that they like and looks great on you.

*Rock out the blazer + jeans look! Makes you look well dressed yet casual. You can pull this look off even though your 14.

g g g unit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nice post LostAndConfused, could any fashion gurus post pics of certain clothes etc and keep it updated every few months please.

Btw on the jeans subject its best to buy designer (i always tend to go for levis) you can be cheap on most clothing like me but jeans you shouldn't.

Kristian Garcia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys thx for edvices! I was at a shoopin mall... I bougth 7 very colorful shirts...jeans n pants i gonna fix it bit later.. Most of them were Pumas 1 shirt that almost look like a jacked the color was Brown/turquoise there was a t-shirt that was ment too be whit that jacked( the same symbols n color,)..I got a green t-shirt where it stands whit big letter (white letters) I" Like Puma... The I got a very very nice green Shirt it had symbols of jungle,looked bit fruity but it was kinda nice stylish,A turquios t-shirt whit yellow/pink letters which was kinda nice too wear under the jungle shirt...A yellow/purple/bech shirt.... A pink puma shirt (never felt so gay lol)... all this togheter turned 225$$$ (Ghetto Shop) I am getting a chain brace and maybe 3 new jeans in 7th march or later in my birth day... In summer I had plans too buy more Citrus Colored cloths (etc.Ligth Green,Yellow mixed whit blue,Orange)
Now I am wearing old jeans but new shirts n stuff...
Lol yepp I am 14 and I am already learning Mystery and Angelo stuff :D