Clothes- dress like a man!

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A short post on a lesser point of being great.

I recently read an article in a paper on how its fasionable for guys to dress like whimps these days. Dior Menswear has recently been taken over by some bird called Hedi Silame or something. She's got a bizzare name so I don't care about its spelling. She has turned around the department, with this new whimpy outlook on dressing nice.

I was fairly amazed at this article, firstly how the hell does male fasion get into the first 3 pages of a broadsheet? However, it was also the fact that the whole ****ing article was total and utter bolocks that got my interest.

Sure, clothes aren't that important, but there's a lesson to be learnt if you give a **** about looking good. Namely, looking good is not the same as looking nice.

For the love of god please don't dress like a metrosexual. Don't dress nice. We are in high school! Dress like a bloke! In high school, you don't turn up in a versace shirt with a few buttons undone at the top, your hair styled with 5 products, every strand perfect, and your shoes perfectly shined. If you're taking control of your life and you're getting some well needed testosterone into your system, you'll find this easier.

Its ok to wear sports shirts. Its ok to wear non designer jeans. Its ok to dress like a man. Why? Because sports tops are sexy, my god does everybody love rugby players around here! Guess what? a £500 pastle shirt is nice, but makes you look gay, bi, friend material, a metrosexual, asexual, the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong, its improtant to wear clothes that fit, and are clean. Get something that works with your body shape, you'll know what that is, its the shirt that doesn't make you look like a muppet.

Ignore the media, dress like a bloke, not like a pin up.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Its funnny how hypocritical this post is, you put down the article for telling people how to dress one way and in the same breath you yourself are telling people to dress another way.

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, i think its important to looking good, nut dont go overboard

I had to revamp my clothes cause theyre so baggy and ive switched from urban to casual / preppy cause i look alot better

but dont go overboard....

WhAcKeD!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya...I used to dress all skaterish style, recently I turned to looking more preppy, but not to over done, like nice sweatshirts/cargo pants/belt. I have to say the preppy look does look much better on me anyway.

heteropedro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus christ, am I the only one who dresses ghetto on this board?

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian, you must not have read it properly. I'm saying its bad to dress like a whimp because, lo and behold, it makes people think you're a whimp.

I'm not being hypocritical, its just that I'm right and they're wrong. As usual:D .

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by heteropedro
Jesus christ, am I the only one who dresses ghetto on this board?
No, at the age of 40 I still dress ghetto.

Depends on your definition of ghetto.

If you mean wearing 10x your size. Then no, I wear regular clothes that are considered ghetto. I do business in ghetto clothes and live ghetto.

Only difference, life is harder when you're dressing up ghetto, they think you're a teen (even when it's visible you're 40) or a homeless trying to make a living when it's your just style.

Funny thing is, an attorney once muttered, "whoa, a clean.. homeless?"

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I like what you're sayin...don't get prissy bout your threads.

waffler

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont understand why everyone here bashes people who dress nice, me personally i dress nice why? cause it looks good apon yourself when you can present yourself in a nice looking manner. sure i dont wear 500$ shoes or 300$ jeans to school but i still make sure im nice, and it doesnt make u look like a wimp it makes you look like someone whos incharge of themselves and is a step above everyone else it makes you look like more of a man.

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dressing urban / ghetto is for 13 yr olds or kids that ACTUALLY LIVE IN THE HOOD

I used to dress urban all the time, throwbacks, timbs, ect

Ive switched it up cause everyone looks better in other styles and im mos def not hood

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, the only advice that can be given for clothes is to do what works for your style. If you like wearing designer clothes and whatnot, who gives a fcuk what other people think? Since when are we supposed to let the opinions of others guide our actions?

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dress ghetto, i look good

dont say i cant dress a certain way because you dont, i dont like people who dress like punks, but dont think they are dumb for doing so

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Woh! I feel some of you are missunderstanding me. What I'm saying is not about style, dress ghetto, punk, townie, preppy- what ever you like, but make sure you do it in a MASCULINE way. You can dress punk ad look good, look male, but you can also go all girly gothic, wear lipstick and eyeliner, and spend 500$ on a leather jacket. The later is what you might see on a catwalk, or in a goth band, but you don't do that in High School! Ok, extreme example...

In the article I read it said that dressing in clothes that "show you to be a strong male" is out of fasion. If you follow this advice you'll have a harder time pulling. That's it.

By the way, to say that we shouldn't care what we wear because we don't care what others think of us is a very naive point of view. I don't give a **** what anyone thinks of me, but i do give a **** about getting what I want. If that means buying a £15 "**** fasion" top as opposed to a £40 "I'm a big fluffy metro, look I have pastel shades!" shirt that's fine by me! £25 for me to spend on condoms. Dress like a man tends to cost less, by the way;) .

I'm not telling people to dress ghetto, that prep is the way forward, or that dressing punk rules- I'm saying dress how you like, but dress well, and dressing well is what reflects your character. Unless you're a die hard AFC on the wrong board, you'll want to be dressing like a straight male. Incidentally, this is the way to dress if you want to get *****.

fezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
jeans and a tshirt do me fine. but occasionally, like once a month Ill come to school in a button up shirt because the ladies seem to like it. but I do agree on to not dress like a wimp. I have noticed that the new fashion stuff does look kinda gay