'Clean up your act, fellas'

penguin

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the title of a newspaper article I came across today. Here's a little of it:

"Watch out, blokes. The days of coming home from work and putting your feet up -- while your partner juggles housework and the kids -- could be at an end.
A controversial new law, due to be passed in Spain this month, will force men to do their share of housework and is tipped to provoke a revolution in a country where 40 percent of men reportedly do none at all".

Thoughts on the issue? I know it won't affect most, but still, I think the direction is a scary one.

It also goes on to state that failure to do so will be taken into consideration during a divorce.

It also features a picture of a man, on his knees, lifting a woman's feet up to vaccum under them, while she reads a book.

It may or may not interest you, just thought i'd bring it up for discussion. As soon as I saw it i just thought "oh you HAVE to be kidding". As a caption to the mentioned picutre, it says "EQUALITY RULES"

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the most restarded thing ever. State intervention should never go to those extremeties.

I hope Spain's prepared to suffer an economy hit. All those male workers being forced to spend a % of their time doing housework can't be god news.

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. The state has no business getting involved in people's domestic lives. Such an issue should be resolved by the male and female.

Reaction score
This is a joke!! Don't believe everything you read!!

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is retarded. Men already on average work longer hours than women do, AND they do housework. On average they do MORE work hours than women, despite whatever fictionalised statistics you conjure.

I know this is highly unlikely but a men-only community (gentlemen's club?) is so needed nowadays. Bah.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post a link to the news article. While I think it is probably false, I really wouldn't be that shocked if it were true or if something similar came true. If it is true that would be the last straw, the s**** is really going to hit the fan!

There is a global anti-heterosexual male agenda being pushed by our pro-radical feminists governments that is no conspiracy theory, it is fact.

check out the following articles
Heterosexual Society is Under Siege
The Conspiracy Against Heterosexuals

xiola

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ I find your links to be the funniest thing I've read all week and a sign of your low intelligence.

Good thing thinking like yours will not last

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by xiola

Good thing thinking like yours will not last
You are probably right. Thinking like YOURS and the feminists will probably prevail, and we will all be wearing pink outfits and skirts as a sign of being "equal"

you p*****

xiola

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. I dont wear pink and if i did, who gives a ****?
2. you think men are better then women?

penguin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe The Homophobe
Post a link to the news article.
I can't, i read it in an actual newspaper. And apparently the story wasn't enough of a feature to put it on their website (http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/).

It said the law was expected to pass though, so I'm guessing it is virtually a done deal and will take effect.

EDIT: i googled it and came up with more sources. Apparently it's not so much 'new' news (why is Australia behind on everything? :p), but here it is:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43714
http://www.allwomencount.net/SpainForcesMenDoHousework.htm
http://right-mind.us/archive/2005/04/08/3026.aspx

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mind equal housework, as long as she earns an equal income!

You want me to clean the carpet, you earn the same amount of money as I do.