Classic rock music?

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to expand my music collection with some good old rock. I just fell upon Fever Dance by Chakachas, and I just love it! Now what other bands or songs are good from the 70s? I'm afraid I'm not really sure where to look for those, and I can't say I'm that much of a fan of the newer music.

Thanks ;)

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was an ingenious prog rock band from the UK called Gentle Giant. Learned about them from a zany college music professor. Really complex, ground-breaking stuff they came up with though few people seem to have heard of them. People either think they're brilliant or act like nails are being scratched on the blackboard.

VdoubleR

Don Juan
Reaction score
My Favorite Classic Rock
:rockon:
(Not strictly 70's, though).

Led Zeppelin
Stairway To Heaven

The Eagles
Hotel California

AC/DC
T.N.T
Highway To Hell
Hells Bells
Thunderstruck
Rock n' Roll Train (New from "Black Ice")

Guns N' Roses
Sweet Child O' Mine
Welcome to the Jungle
Paradise City
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Live And Let Die

Those are just a few of my favorites.
I'm sure you've heard some, if not all.
If not hope you like them.

-VdoubleR

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want 70's/80's rock you can't go wrong with Rush or AC/DC. Check out Permanent Waves or Moving Pictures by Rush and Back In Black and Highway To Hell by AC/DC. U2 were pretty straight up rock/punk back then. Boy, October, and War are incredible albums.

Speakeasy, Gentle Giant fvcking rocks! Can't believe someone on SS knows about them. The 70's prog rock stuff is AWESOME!!

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice lists so far. If you're going to list Led Zeppelin then +1 for Kashmir (especially if you can find a live version !) and Dyer Maker. Other than the ones suggested, try some Blue Öyster Cult (link) and this 70s at its best.

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah nice list! I'm not so much a fan of ACDC but highway to hell and rock'n'roll train are great!

Keep em coming :)

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Glances over at CD collection*

- Led Zeppelin
- Alice Cooper
- Kiss
- Electric Light Orchestra
- Golden Earring
- Bad Company
- Black Sabbath
- Boston
- Toto
- Blue Oyster Cult
- Van Halen
- Creedence Clearwater Revival
- T.Rex
- Doobie Brothers

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rush
Neil Young
Lynyrd Skynyrd
ACDC!
Zeppelin!
CCR!
Audioslave?
BOC
Dylan
Byrds
David Bowie!
Dire Straits?
Doors!
Eagles!
ELO
gunsnroses!
Jet!
lennon
kiss
Floyd
Scorpions!
Pumpkins?
Steppenwolf
Supertramp
van halen?

Just scrolled through my ipod and those are the classic rock bands off the top of my head. ? = I dunno if it's what you're wanting, ! = great band, plenty of good songs

SuavePlaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree with vdoubler I heard hotel california and some ac/dc stuff. I will write a few black sabbath- paranoid, black sabbath-iron man, rolling stones- painted black, jimi hendrix-vooddoo child, the beatles- come together... I can't stand rock these days though.