Chisled Jaw

donjuan87

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have just started working out, and I want to know what I can do to get a defined, chisled "man's" jaw. Does anybody know any exercises or something?

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes you can, chew double wads of gum

donjuan87

Don Juan
Reaction score
I already have a pretty square jawline, I am just wondering what I can do to make it look "chisled".

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why this strikes me as kinda funny cause it seems so unlikely :whistle:

Sorry dj87, but what do you mean by "chiseled?" My take is that the only thing in your power in this regard is to lose body fat and just maybe your jawline will take on that sculpted look you yearn for.

Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of my forehead? Without resorting to illusions, like using my hair as a cover? Any forehead exercises?

87, there is one guy on this forum, he's a plastic surgeon...might wanna chat him up...

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuan87 said:
I have just started working out, and I want to know what I can do to get a defined, chisled "man's" jaw. Does anybody know any exercises or something?
1) Train hard: squat, deadlift, you'll squeeze your jaws when going for max attempts

2) lower bodyfat: obviously, you won't see the jaw muscles otherwise.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lower your body fat.

Sadao

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm hoping a lot of these responses are jokes. But other than losing bodyfat to reveal your jaw THAT CAN NOT BE BUILT UP, there is no possibly way to "chisel" a jaw, it's pure genetics my friend.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Lose body fat.

2. Get surgery if you don't like how your jaw is structured.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lose the bodyfat, yep. Plus you can actually exercise the muscles in your jaw (massetta I think it's called) by clenching your teeth together in repeated motions. Put your hand there and feel them flex.

Do this in reps and sets like any other muscle, but I recommend paper or something between your teeth to protect them.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wear a mouthpiece during your cardio and bite down hard on it the whole time. (This also makes the cardio much harder because you get about 1/2 as much air per breath).

Here's a boxing drill I found on another site (be very careful!):

Lie on your stomach; place your hands under your jaw. Have a training partner place his hands on the top of your head and slowly apply pressure. Slowly open and close your mouth. This will strengthen your jaw muscles and help prevent your lower jaw from slamming into the base of your skull.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sadao said:
I'm hoping a lot of these responses are jokes. But other than losing bodyfat to reveal your jaw THAT CAN NOT BE BUILT UP, there is no possibly way to "chisel" a jaw, it's pure genetics my friend.
Your jaws has muscles.

Look at the jaw's of people who train heavy (strongman, powerlifting, olympic lifters,...)