Chics complimenting and buying you stuff

Vincent Freeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, for those for haven't read my previous posts, I have been dating this chic for about a month now and there are a few things that confuse me about her or at least that I am not use to. Now, we have hooked up and we are always displaying affection with each other, but one thing she never really does is compliment me or even buy me stuff. Now I know this may sound childish, but to be honest every chic I have dated (even just hooked up with) has always been very complimentary and even bought me stuff. The last chic I dated for 2 months, would bring me stuff everytime she got back from the mall. I remember the 2nd week we were talking she bought me a nice versace tie she liked. But this girl I am talking to now, has not bought me anything or even complimented me yet. She's affectionate, but yet she doesn't really directly compliment me or even buy me stuff! She does do other things like leave me cute voice messages and notes, but that's really pretty much it. What should I think of this, and is this normal? What could this mean about her?

DJStudent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This post isn't childish, it's rather dumb. Just because the girls you dated in the past that buy you stuff doesn't mean every girl for the rest of your life is going to do that. If you haven't notice by now, everyone is a little different.

Also think about it. The reason why your past relationship hasn't worked is because it's the same girls doing the same thing. Another thing is that if girls keep buying you stuff, and now you're expecting stuff from girls you date... Well you just sounds like a bytch to me.

Here's the thing, respect her for being herself. This is absolutely normal that girls or guys don't have to buy each other anything. Buying things doesn't always mean I love you. What could this mean about her? She's just a normal girl. Just enjoy your relationship with her. If you don't like her, then move on to a girl that you do like.

WorldCitizen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be open with her, ask her why she doesnt' give compliments?
Don't assume becaue the past ones complimented that this is necessarily a bad sign. It could be she thinks you're too good for her and doesn't want to give you a big head ;) Who knows, don't over analyze it, and communicate with her. She may realize she's playing too many games or is too reserved in that dept.