Chicks with married or divorced parents?

Zman1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed a trend. In dating lots of women 95 percent of the time the relationship of parents molds the woman.

If her parents are married and still sleeping in the same bed, more than likely she will put whatever it takes into a relationship to make it work. Of course her interest level has to be high as well.

Every LTR I had were with women whose parents will still married. I think these women pick and choose their relationships and will wait until the time is right to get married. Also found they are more open to sex and intimacy.

If her parents are divorced or have a bad relationship(not sleeping in the same room together), more than likely she will not put in what it takes to make the relationship work. I have found that even if these women like you she will still have major issues to deal with. Usually these types of women have a low self esteem and do not know how to value a partner.

I have also found these are women that are looking for a husband and usually get married quite young. I suppose it has to do with her not growing up with a mother and father married or miserable together.

I have never had a LTR with a woman whose parents were split.

My moral to this story at least in my own opinion and from my experiences, choose a woman whose parents are still married and have a good relationship.

Do you guys agree with this or had similar experiences?

jlr12584

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree 100%. i fell in love with a girl who's parents were divorced and her dad was never there for her. i had to act as both a boyfriend and a father figure in her life. eventually she found out i wasnt perfect and she cheated on me because of a big fight. i still loved her for a long time until i realized it wasnt my fault that she was the way she was. now im with a girl whos parents are happily married christians and this relationship is the best i've ever experienced.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's not so much married/divorced, as it is just the dad, ,maning up and being a damn dad.

Girls who don't get enough daddy time grow up to be ****ed up in the head as far as relationships go. They don't or can't have normal relationships.

A Girl I know, whoose parents are diroved, but sees her dad all the time and is very close to him, is going to make so meone a lucky man one day (too bad she isn't that much of a looker, at least to me, because I would take her off the market)

Another girl I know, whoose parents are married, but her dad is a true deadbeat, although very pretty, has very, very low self esteem, only dates guys who she can control, i.e plus everything else you can think of that can relate to having daddy issues.

My dad and my mom got diroved when I was 7. They have been very, good friends sense, and because of it, even though Ilived with my mom, I grew up with both parents and looking back on it, the divorice had no ill effects on me in any way.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
it's not so much married/divorced, as it is just the dad, ,maning up and being a damn dad.

Girls who don't get enough daddy time grow up to be ****ed up in the head as far as relationships go. They don't or can't have normal relationships.

A Girl I know, whoose parents are diroved, but sees her dad all the time and is very close to him, is going to make someone a lucky man one day (too bad she isn't that much of a looker, at least to me, because I would take her off the market)

Another girl I know, whoose parents are married, but her dad is a true deadbeat, although very pretty, has very, very low self esteem, only dates guys who she can control, i.e plus everything else you can think of that can relate to having daddy issues.

My dad and my mom got diroved when I was 7. They have been very, good friends since, and because of it, even though Ilived with my mom, I grew up with both parents and looking back on it, the divorice had no ill effects on me in any way.

wowiehowie

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker

Breaker: I have had experience with these types, I tend to strongly agree with you. In my experience, the common theme is usually a combination of childish immaturity and control. Yeah, the self-esteem issues become pretty evident ; most sooner than later.

Zman1: Thanks for the observation. We all know that this isn't a hard and fast rule, but one that we can use as an "awareness" guage to be more conscious of looking for signs of bad behavior.

jefe96

Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely agree. And it probably is more about the lack of a father figure than just the divorce. Some marriages just end but the father was always, and continues to be, there. Without the father figure they are constantly seeking the approval and acceptance of men. I speak from experience. I had an LTR with a chick for multiple years and she cheated on me multiple times. Stupidly, like the AFC I was I stayed with her. She never had an answer why she did it and never an apology. The reason why was that I was not giving her enough acceptance, she still needed more. Plus her father cheated on her mother and then split. So, there was always the fear of losing me so she better hedge her bets.

So my advice is to stay from chicks whose father was never there or who come from a messed up divorce. That's what I do. The girl I'm seeing now, father has always been a big part of her life and bonus, her parents are still married. And things are great.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

It's a more common theme since divorce isn't taboo. Looking back...

Gf1: - parents split, dad alcoholic
Gf2: - parents together, but not happily, now married
Gf3: - parents divorced, she was the rock of their relationship
Gf4: - parents married, but claimed father didn't show affection and nor did mother.
Gf5: - father abandoned her mother @ the age of 2. had a deep emptiness to her that came out. mother never settled down, always partied. used her mother as the example of her life.
Gf6: - parents split, dad had new gf, but still civil with mother. craziness ran in their family.
Gf7: - parents not together, not civil, and not involved in a 'fatherly' fashion.
Gf8: - dad died of a heartattack, mother somewhat bitter, depression runs in the family, sister a "fat evil bytch" that tormented her in youth.

Gf9: - dad is a model of a father, perfect. girl absolutely loves men and goes to guys FIRST.

So for me is it conclusive evidence?

Absolutely.

Women WITHout a mother, grow up a bit tougher or stronger, but they LOVE men, are daddy's girl, and respect men. A girl like that would go for a guy much like her dad, but she'd still go for him. So long as the parents don't EMOTIONALLY try to manipulate the child or play volleyball with her, she would turn out ok. That isn't normally the case.

---------------------------

Guys nowadays don't see that it's a large amount of women who aren't "all there." Don't judge a book by it's cover, BUT, stay distant enough NOT to get sucked in.

Back in the day, men were more prudent about their involvement with women. They'd observe them like an investment, and if their looks or background seemed to indicate higher risk, they wouldn't "invest."

I believe this theme should be revisited. FAR too many guys, especially on this site, invest heavily in themselves, their career, their lives, have lots of promise, BUT they give it up to a POOR woman. It's not wrong or bad, and we're not doing CHARITY work when it comes to relationships. It's about happiness for both parties and it's about survival.

Guys have...
-their careers
-their earning potential
-genes
-family name
-responsibility
-assumed leadership and protective ability

ALL at stake.

Think of yourself as a VERY large asset, where would you invest? How would you INSURE its continued success?

Would you dump all your hard earned $$$ into some risky stock play, OR would you check the stock out, learn the game, observe the going-ons, etc??

It's like everyday a guy goes and bangs some hoe they don't know, they dumped their LIFE SAVINGS into a risky stock that has no earnings, no track record, a poor management team, and a poor market to sell its product to, YET men do it. And you don't think it's your life savings?

Well...it is your SEED...and it is your future income and assets...also your future dreams that get held back. So would it be fair if I described it that way? Absolutely.

--------------------------

See...if her childhood was bad, it's programmed that that is how it will be once again.

On the same vein, she's never had her FIRST introduction to men be good, which dominates the beginning of her life...why would she feel compassion toward a man she doesn't?

That's like guys who's first opp. to approach a girl, they get shot down. Normally, they're fearful of doing it again. Same with women, but a much, much deeper wound.

A-Unit