Chick hit me up randomly on myspace...

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Pretty cute too. I'm kinda stumped for a witty response though...

Her: I love Cake :)

Me: Hell yeah, they kick ass...so anyway I was looking at your profile and noticed you're looking for people to jam with (heavy metal chick--hell yeah)...any chance you're looking for a rhythm guitarist/vocalist?

Her: Yeah, we're actually looking for a vocalist...what's your style?

Me: Well, I can hit anywhere in the range of Axl Rose or Robert Plant with a James Hetfield-ish gruffness...

Her: I love James's vocals! Seriously, if you can sing like him, ****ing marry me. Right now.

What do I say to that? Obviously something along the lines of "whoa, getting a little ahead of ourselves are we?" or something...but I dunno... any input would be appreciated.

MMA Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't say anything about that last comment, just play it cool from here like it didn't phase you (it'll look like you get compliments like this from women all the time)

Your next step is organise a meet up, and basically take it from there. let me know how the progress goes

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah just play it cool and arrange a meet up. Usually when a girl contacts you first out of the blue on myspace, you passed her attraction test and she's prime for picking.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure she's not really a 40 year old man first.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhh... You haven't even heard me sing yet!

That'll bring up the topic of a meeting. You always have to think about "the next step" and how to accomplish it.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LJC said:
Karaoke is always a big mistake...unless you're a 40 year old man.
Not if you can sing better than anyone else in there and the chick you're with is into the music scene :whistle:

There's a Buffalo Wild Wings that has karaoke a couple nights a week in this girl's hometown, and it's always full of people 18-25, so I don't think I'd have to worry too much about karaoke caveats... I used to go there quite a bit and had girls giving me the f--- me eyes and blowing kisses after I'd sing... a good confidence booster if nothing else.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sent her back a reply of "haha well you haven't even heard me sing yet..."

her: well, we need to do something, b/c we're in need of a vocalist. and if we don't get one, our rythm guitarist, is gonna attempt to do it and play at the same time. and he's good and everything, but he's not gonna sing at all.

PxDx

Don Juan
Reaction score
MooseGod said:
Her: I love James's vocals! Seriously, if you can sing like him, ****ing marry me. Right now.

What do I say to that? Obviously something along the lines of "whoa, getting a little ahead of ourselves are we?" or something...but I dunno... any input would be appreciated.

Marry you? But we haven't even had sex yet! \m/

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LJC said:
She's trying you out for a role: her man, frontman, either way it's going to be the same deal. You've got to show you can lead.

She's a musician. I've hooked up with many of these types. She probibly won't give a sh*t if a couple of girls oogle over your talent in a karaoke bar. You impress these types by being decisive and entertaining at the same time. That's what a frontman is expected to do, essentially. Be decisive.

You've got tunes you can nail, right? Songs you know inside and out? Give her a list of these songs and work out a short set. 3-5 tunes. Tell her to get the band up to speed because you want to come down for a live session to wherever they do thier thing.

Go. Nail it. And I mean nail it. Perform as if you're in front of a crowd in this empty basement, studio or whatever.

During the jam, during the noise and the chaos, grab her and tell her in her ear that you want to grab a beer alone after to talk about this. Do it while the rest of the band is going. A solo. Whatever.

If you're as good as you say you are, and you're decisive like this, she'll go with you. THEN maybe you can hit one of these karaoke places for an encore and play your game with the crowd and the f*ck me eyes.

This is a man with a plan. A good one, you should do this exactly. :cheer:

Ostepop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Would be hilarious if this turned out to be some kind of nigerian scan in the making