Chicago Weekend

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Due to logistical impossibillities, I've decided to can my aspirations for an
International sized meet.

I received the most sincere interest in Chicago. Godsgift, if you're reading this, what weekend is your crib available?

Joe Dirt, assuming you're alive and reading this, are you available on weekends to help direct us to popular
hangout?

It should be easy enough for any ISU guys to ride up on the bus as well

I have a nice slideshow of funny experiences I've had. I made tracking form to see which of my approaches work best (I've started using these in the local area as well).

Let's just shoot for 8-10 guys.

Cogent Ops.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got back to this site after more than a year break and a rapid decline back into AFCness, so I wouldn't make a great wingman at this point, but I live in Chicago!!

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cogent

All I expect is that you show up and try YOUR personal best. If you don't want to be recorded or something, I think you can just say that you're not comfortable with that aspect. I'm sure none of the guys would have a problem with this,

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in, only if we do it for Labour day (sept. 5th). i'll be having a long weekend. (It shouldn't be more then a 5 hour drive to Chicago IL. from here.)

you guys decide buy friday (i've got buy some US money and rent a truck/car.

Last edited:

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sept.

I'm down for it. Let's try to find a place to crash. Anyone have a residence free of illegal activities we can crash at :)

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so much for that........... I just found out I got a wedding to go to on sunday:( .......oh wait, that might not be such a bad thing after all:D

benrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm down to get together - but it doesn't seem like anything is going to happen! Lets make it happen... there seems to be a good number of people from the chicago area that are down to do this - it's all about turning the thought into action.

Lets get something CONCRETE. Even if it means meeting up some night at a bar in lincoln park, or downtown - just somewhere - from there all is obvious.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As fate would have it..

My plans to move to the West Coast have been shot down due to financial constraints. That means there is a 50% chance I'll be moving to Chicago in Jan.

I've applied to two schools, one in St. Louis (where I am now) and one in Chicago (NEU). I should know which
school I'll choose by Oct (I am applying
at both for a backup). I'd definitely like
to visit the campus sometime anyway.

If we cannot motivate the Chicago crew,
for about 20-30$ you can take greyhound down to St. Louis. I now have a crew of around 5 guys going.

I treat this like basketball practice. The object is to get better. It's alot easier to stay motivate and make progress when you're part of a team, IMHO.

benrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
nah **** that - i'd step up and make this **** happen if my schedule were predictable - alot of these guys are down but noone is stepping up to the plate and making it happen. Once somene decides to be the leader and make it happen it'll happen. But as long as I don't know whats goin on in my life as it varies so much - I'm not willing to take that responsibility.

benrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and is NEU Northeastern University? if so - I live like 2 miles from there lol

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea

What do you think of the school. I picked it based soley on the sex ratio of men to women. lol. That's not even a joke :)

How much does rent go within a few miles of the school?

TheCaptain21

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm from chicago, i'm big on the club scene down there but right now i'm at school (wiu) and it sucks my ass.....