Charm

cobrajoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love this charm concept. It combines a lot of the DJ principles into one nice and neat little package.

Basically, what you need to do is: don't make yourself feel better by putting people down, make yourself feel better by Raising Them UP!

It's not hard to do, just smile, pay attention when people are talking, don't be afraid, and be relaxed.

In a simpler notion, just realize that you are on the pedestal, and you have the power to bring everyone up to your level.

Doing this makes the people around you feel good, while making you feel good and giving you a bit more confidence. If all you do is put down the people you don't like, you can get to be a bit bitter on the inside.

Now, get out there, have fun, and bring some people up.

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is so true.

I used to put people down all the time. Not only does it make you feel bad and desperate...but people get tired of it REAL quick.

This is Dale Carnegie's first rule in "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Etienne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically what you're saying is to do to others what you would like to be done to yourself, an universal truth way back to our good friend Jesus.

Étienne

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Etienne
Basically what you're saying is to do to others what you would like to be done to yourself, an universal truth way back to our good friend Jesus.

Étienne
Jesus is my homeboy.

Man I can't believe I just typed that.:woo:

cobrajoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the simple stuff like this that will get you the farthest.

Something that is good for practice is to just go out and talk to people, all kinds. Don't treat them like crappy little underlings or as royalty, but as EQUALS! Go talk to the unpopular people, go talk to the homeless people, go talk to the hard luck people. they are the ones that you can learn the most from, and you might be suprised in the friends you make. I'm trying hard to practice what i'm preaching here, and I can tell you that it's not always easy.

And yes, Jesus has taught us many things. In a way, he was the ultimate DJ. He was never afraid of anything or anything and he had confidence that we cannot match.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go talk to some strangers.

Bond Juan

Reaction score
Awesome post, I've been doing this lately in my workplace, I should continue this outside of work as well. It's a great feeling.

Thanks.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is a very important aspect to realize. i noticed that all the people around me that have girlfriends and such try not to talk **** or at least they do it when their girlfriends arent around. you do not want the ladies to think that all you have are negative surrounding you.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont think this is charm, it is part of the 'deal' but this itself is not charm. Altohugh i must say i agree it is a good thing to do and i have been trying to do it last few weeks. The one tihng i learnt is you must be sincere, do not try and flatter people, compliment them everywhere where it is deserved but no where else.