Charismatic People to Learn From?

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vin Diesel is FAR from charismatic.

My vote has to go to Steve Jobs...there's a reason they call him the rockstar of the computer world. Other than Hitler and Castro, he's the only person who can command 100% attention for hours on end...everything he does, the crowd eats up.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bill Murray
Mike Massey (trick shot pool champion)

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh the old charisma thread, what is it and who's got it.

Just wondered. Who is charismatic, yet is plain looking, even uglyish, and what is it about them that gives them charisma?

I was thinking of somebody like Ghandi.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr bean :p

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mother Teresa? Not sure, but she always had a tea towel when you needed one.

It's just that, my bee in my bonnet is you get some right arseholes that are supposedly charismatic, but they are always good looking.

People talk about how you become charismatic, forget it if you are the elephant man.

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading about guys who are charismatic won't teach you how to be charisma It will simply teach you ABOUT guys who are charismatic.

Movie charisma is fun, but won't work too well in real life, because the people around you aren't programmed to respond with memorized lines.

Most all of your behavior you learn from other people. Your best bet would be to befriend charismatic people and spend a lot of time around them.

Don't outright copy them, but just mirror some of their attitude towards people. Especially strangers. It'll definately do more for you than reading a bio of communists.

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Panda 2000
The Beastie Boys
I've been listening to them since I was two years of age (as well as Rage Against the Machine). Girls-they do the dishes. Girls-they do the laundrey. Girls-they **** you.(I added that last line):D

Phineas from A Seperate Peace by John Knowles

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Miles Davis Story

If you want to learn something about charisma, watch
"the miles davis story". You do NOT have to understand / like his music to enjoy this documentary.

There is also some interviews with miles and some of his ladies where you can see how this DJ acts and how this is percieved/described and how their reaction is "justified" by the girls.

Awful artist, awful MAN, awful DVD !!

MoveYourA$$... and your brain will follow

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad you guys are finally mentioning arnold swarzenegger......Anyone watch that A&E show "See Arnold Run".....that really motivated me, especially the scene where he broke up with his girlfriend unregretably. Arnold is the man

P.S- Vin Diesel??? Someone put that murmering bald idiot to sleep.

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
John F. Kennedy Jr.

Bill Clinton, on of the coolest things he did was bite his bottom lip.
Chicks love that.

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot about Richard Dawson from the old episodes of Family Feud. You can watch it on the Game Show Network.

The way he approaches each female contestant and introduces himself personally is a case study in true DJism.

Watch his movements, C+F, handholding, eye contact, overall charm and guess what, he kisses each one of them.

Awesome!

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theodore Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Abraham Lincoln
John D. Rockerfeller
Lloyd George
Andrew Carnegie

And many more that i cant recall right now. I know you cant watch clips on these individuals, but read biographies about them, and most of them got to the top not because their technical abilities but by their people skills, charisma included.

Ironager

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely Arnold Schwarzenegger, he is what discipline, positive thinking and sheer willpower is all about.

Also Bob Marley, Hitler, Clinton....

Hypoxia II

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cosmo Kramer :D