Cell Phone vs. Home Phone

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I read an ariticle of Doc Love's recently that said whenever a girl gives you her Cell Phone number it means that she has low interest. If she had high interest she would have given you her home number. I was thinking in my head that it's a little more opposite than that. Anyone have any input?

slickone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cellphone allows her to screen caller by caller ID. Also you can leave AFC msgs on her cell voicemail and no one but her will know.

Home number allows others at home to hear your answering machine msgs or maybe even pick up the phone.

A little hint if you don't want someone to know it's you do a *67 before dialing the number, works even on cell phone calls.

playasupreme

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it's worth making a big deal about. Some girls aren't at home alot so they give out their cell so you can be sure and reach them. If you find it's hard to get a hold of her then she's telling you something regardless. Alot of times girls will give me both numbers: this is optimal because it says: GREEN LIGHT in bold face neon script.

Amog

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont really think that matters.

TD posted something about calling a girl twice in a row. For exa:

Call the HB. If she does not pick up, call her right back. I have had success with this. Give it a try. Everyone is doing it.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the culture. In Australia you just assume you'll be getting the mobile number.

Of all of my number closes, I've only ever gotten cell numbers, except for one girl who forgot her cell number so gave me her home number instead.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love is wrong about this, ignore what he says about "phone this or phone that" there are no "rank levels" as he purports it to be. If a girl gives you a number, and she picks up when you call (or at least returns your voicemail in a timely matter) it's all good!

Diaoz

Don Juan
Reaction score
nope

Well over here, no one gives you their home number after you hook them up, even if they have high interests...for a variety of reasons which has already been brought up. Well, of course as you get to know her better, and even go steady...expect to get her home no., if you don't get it, there's some serious problem.

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in australia, and espeically with Asian people, parents are stict on relationships. So since we all possess cell fones, its more safer to call cell fones then home fones.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disco
I read an ariticle of Doc Love's recently that said whenever a girl gives you her Cell Phone number it means that she has low interest. If she had high interest she would have given you her home number. I was thinking in my head that it's a little more opposite than that. Anyone have any input?
Thats the fvcking DUMBEST thing Ive EVER EVER HEARD..... Especially if you are a student because then most people only have cellphones and if not cellphones have become one of the most personal things people have.

ali_g

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually a firm believer in some of Doc Love's overall theories about women. But the cell versus home # issue, I disagree with him on this one. I don't think it really matters. Ultimately whatever # you get, you'll be calling her up and asking her out. Those factors mean more in the scheme of things than whether it's a cell or a home #.

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Othello
Australians - please call them mobile phones. If I see an Australian calling them "cell phones" again I'm gonna be seriously pissed.
Habbits... plus I'm not full on Australian

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had one experience with a girl who gave me her cell number who was not that interested. She still went out with me, and after that, I wasn't that interested in her either. The cell phone is a total kiss off maneuver for chicken sh*t girls who feel bad about turning you down in person. Personally, I'd rather have her tell me straight up to my face.