Can't stand GF's dad

1-2-3

Don Juan
Reaction score
my gf and i have been going out for a few months now. Everything is really good when we're together and we get along great. the problem is that when i'm with her at her house, when her dad is there.

he's always yelling at her to do stuff and everyone else in the house. then he always thinks he's being real funny joking about how we kiss a lot. it bothers me cause i don't know if he's doing it to annoy me directly or bacause he thinks its funny.

is there anyting i can do to deal with this stuff better or anything i could say in return? cause everytime i go there it seems like he pisses me off more.

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Empathize with her. Don't start anything with her dad unless he's hitting her. Her parents are judging your reaction to them as well as she. In fact if I were you I wouldn't start going to her place till later in the relationship. Like 6 months due to the fact that you'll have more tests thrown at you then being in 4 college classes. Get her firmly in your world before you start meandering to her neck of the woods.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you were trying to bone my daughter in my house you would be on my last nerve too. Think about how you would feel if sum young punk were trying to all those things wit ur kid?

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her dad is quite likely to be emotionally immature. Just coz he's a dad, doesn't mean he can't be an attention seeking prat.

If you're his little girl's first 'real' boyfriend then he may not simply know how to handle it. He may feel like he's losing control over his daughter.

You could go and sink a few beers while watching a game on TV with him. If he sees you as a decent guy then maybe he won't feel the need to give you the ****s all the time.

I wouldn't get gobby with him, its his house, his territory, his family... he could react badly.

DRACO

Don Juan
Reaction score
Visiting someones house should be done with respect.
Respect the peoples house and leave making out for private moments, and PLACES !
I think he is tryeing to hint you on how disrespectful you are to him in his own house. You go there to visit so act like a visitor , talk to the man about sports or something , make a joke , anything , but do NOT make out with anygirl in his liveingroom dureing his presents. Living rooms are family public rooms , not private rooms , especialy when the rest of the family members are there.

Think about it , maybey his bossing people around is really getting them to leave the making out scene .

If you dont get it , he will one day be more direct to you and it wont be nice .

Santos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 1-2-3
my gf and i have been going out for a few months now. Everything is really good when we're together and we get along great. the problem is that when i'm with her at her house, when her dad is there.

he's always yelling at her to do stuff and everyone else in the house. then he always thinks he's being real funny joking about how we kiss a lot. it bothers me cause i don't know if he's doing it to annoy me directly or bacause he thinks its funny.

is there anyting i can do to deal with this stuff better or anything i could say in return? cause everytime i go there it seems like he pisses me off more.
My best friend had problems with his current GF's father. Her dad is a pastor (eek!) and made it very difficult for my friend to see her. He even grounded her for a month 2 weeks after they met. He confiscated the chicks phone. (My friend organised her one though :))

Well, my friend earned the dad's respect and trust after about 5 months. He helped him once while he was painting his house. He's very polite to the father when he asks permission to take her out.

Guess what? His GF's parents have gone away for the weekend! They're not bothered at all what my friend could get up to. It's about trust I guess.

So I think your GF'ds dad either thinks he's really funny, or he's just giving you a hard time cos he wants you to piss off and leave his "innocent" daughter alone. Don't worry, stick around and he'll get bored eventually.