Can't get a hold of her, only voice mail

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got this girl's number about 3 weeks ago. I called her 2 different Sunday nights, and various times throughout weekdays but I always got her shy simple voicemail: "Hi you've reached my voicemail, leave a message."

I met her at the University Cafeteria. She was sitting by a door. As I walked in she was looking at me and when I caught her, she turned, then I gave another look and smiled, she smiled back. I went and talked to her. She seemd embarresed at her smiling at me and claimed that she thought she knew me. "Oh, that explains it, You look like my friend who use to go here." We talked for like 15 min. (yeah, I should cut it sooner). She was very nervous. Her head was shaking. She might have even stuttered, I don't remember. But she rushed to find a paper like a servent when I requested her number.

I don't know...I hate to get into the mindset that she may be different. But maybe she doesn't answer because she's super nervous or something. I'm thinking maybe she would feel more comfortable calling someone rather than randomly picking up. But either way, I don't want to wait any longer, so I plan to call her and just leave a message and see what's up. Any tips?

" Hey HB, it's Static, give me a call" sounds too simple, maybe I should add C+F?

playasupreme

Banned
Reaction score
Don't waste your time. If she has a decent excuse she will seek you out-- in which case milk some guilt-sex out of her. Otherwise stop pining it's been three weeks man.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok you haven't left a message yet, but she obviously knows someone's trying to contact her from a # she doesnt' recognize. She's not dumb, and don't think she's different. Call her leave her a message, telling her you'd like to talk to her. If she calls back cool, if not, stop wasting time on dumb girls.

PIMP

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
******** translator

Originally posted by static
I met her at the University Cafeteria. She was sitting by a door. As I walked in she was looking at me and when I caught her, she turned,
please don't talk to me

then I gave another look and smiled, she smiled back.
well maybe i know him...don't want to be rude...

I went and talked to her.
sh!ttttt!!!!!!

Originally posted by static She seemd embarresed at her smiling at me and claimed that she thought she knew me. "Oh, that explains it, You look like my friend who use to go here."
that is why i am talking to you. but since your not my friend please get the hint and go away...

We talked for like 15 min. (yeah, I should cut it sooner). She was very nervous. Her head was shaking. She might have even stuttered, I don't remember.
what should i do? this guy won't go away! i'm getting scared...i might have to lie and be mean...someone save me....

But she rushed to find a paper like a servent when I requested her number.
thank the lord jesus! now maybe he will go away!!!

i think that you should next her, son.

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, I don't think you did bad by talking for 15 mins. The more rapport you build before closing and calling her increases your chance of success when you do call.

As for her being nervous, who knows. Either you look scary or she is nervous about being chatted up. I wasn't there so can't say, but I'd guess on the latter.

The number is getting kind of old. You have nothing to lose by leaving a message. Make it something interesting, maybe cut off half way through etc (the old trick). I don't rate the chances of her calling back very high, especially if she was so nervous before. So make it a decent message, try to give her a reason to call.

Do a search on "answering machine" there are a bunch of posts on this topic.

Amog

Don Juan
Reaction score
She has absolutely ZERO interest. She gave you her number because she didnt want to feel uncomfortable and she though you were a "nice" guy.

iqqi said it best...

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Typically If I call a girl once and she doesn't reply after i left a voicemail I won't call her back. It only adds to your fustration level and you don't need that kind of stress. Sounds like your in college, find some one else to occupy your time with.