Canned Material

art of

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having strayed from the forums for a while, and neglecting to practice my DJ skills, I have come back with more focus than ever to study, practice, and learn a variety of seduction techniques. I decided to branch out a bit from the SoSuave world and take a look at other sources. I read the Definitive Book of Body language by Barbara Pease, a book I intend to reread several times and highly recomend for self improvement in all aspects of human interaction. After that I searched around for videos on youtube and other sights with little success.

Finally, the hype of Mystery's The Pickup Artist reached my ears and I decided to watch as well as look into his material. Along the way I picked up a copy of Neil Strauss' The Game and am nearly through that as well.

It was from those last two sources that I learned a little about canned material. I had always thought of this as more of a corny disregarded aspect of the community, but it seems to be a huge aspect I have been missing out on.

I've spent most of my time working on my inner flaws and never took the time to really asses my outer game. I am thinking of creating my own personal notebook of stories and openers to memorize and practice in the field. Has anyone out there had experience in doing this? What are your opinions on canned material? Can anyone offer tips on writing it? What are some good routines people have thought up in the past?

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out fastseduction.com.

People here will tell you not to use canned material, but IF YOU WRITE IT YOURSELF, then I think it's great.

art of

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Phyzzle, I'll check it out right now. I think I would have to write my own canned material because
1.) my main venue consists of high school parties and day game which are very different from nightclubs
and
2.) using someone else's material would seem cheap and forced to me. I'm not looking for shortcuts, only tools to help me relieve a little approach anxiety.

Currently I have far more time to focus on learning theory than I do to practice it. Although I would greatly like to increase my improv abilities, having some set routines sounds like a tempting and practical solution to my lack of practice opportunities.

B4IFURU18?

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a difference between using "tried and true" canned material, and original stuff you came up with.

I'm one of the people here who stay away from canned stuff. I just don't like it because it's not genuine. Do you really give a **** whether or not people prefer to floss before or after brushing?

Do what you need to do though.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used canned material for awhile, but it was always weird for me to use it. I used the "do you floss before or after you brush" line more times than I can remember, and it never really worked for me, because I didn't really care about the topic at hand. I personally think the most effective "pick up line" is "Hi" coupled with a genuine smile. Do what works for you though.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I came up with one a long time ago that I still bust out on occasion. I was actually wondering this one day when I was standing in line at the grocery store.

"Hey doyou read Cosmo? How is it that that magazine can come up with 100 different sex secrets EVERY MONTH? Are guys just getting stupid or what?"

HAHA, I love it. It works for me. Try it.

lYlasTer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Canned material is good when you're a beginning. The reactions become predictable and you know what to do afterwards. I believe saying "Hi" is the best openers, but it requires the guy to be good at improvising and a skilled conversationalist. It's much easier to start with canned material, then slowly switch to freestyle.

I agree with what the posters above said with making up your own canned lines. Start off with a few and see what works, then keep suing the same ones that work.

art of

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only reason I wanted to try it was because of the 3 second rule. I often find myself lacking an opener, and just saying hi doesn't really lead me into a conversation. I find myself making excuses and trying to think of an opener, usually at this time I've been there too long and just seem like another chump scratching his head for something to say. The thing is, if i can get a girl talking just a tiny bit, I usually do well picking up on the different conversation threads she gives me. When I'm introduced to girls I do an alright job, but I can't seem to make that initial connection on my own.

How do you guys keep from choking while opening a set?

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm only 20 so I'm not very experienced with what to do in a bar or club, but I usually start out talking to a girl about something we obviously have in common, like the fact that we're out shopping for clothes or how boring the class is getting. Then I try to bust their balls a little bit (playfully) before I get to know them a little bit.

Also, it seems like if you wait too long to approach a girl, and you sit around thinking about it ("Should I approach her, what should I say, I wonder if she has a boyfriend") you tend to psyche yourself out. It's best to just make the decision to do it and do it.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
How bout "DO you wipe yourass before ofter you take a shyt?" That one would work great.:p

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is wrong with canned Material? (*Opens a can of worms...*Pun intended)