Can you suggest me an efficient multi-vitamin/multi-mineral

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used optimen from optimum nutrition fro the last year and it worked good, no complains about it however I read that some of the components are under investigation for possible side effects.

Not sure if there's a reason or is some bvllsh1t anyway an alternative would be appreciated.

Which one do you use and how do you feel?

I need it for overall health and for optimal work at the gym.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Opti-Men is good, Orange triad is good and so is Multi-Life from Enzyme Process...

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should take the vitamins peter north takes

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Men's One-A-Day and it has worked wonders for me. More energy, higher libido.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
I use Men's One-A-Day and it has worked wonders for me. More energy, higher libido.
Junk bro, I hate to say. When looking at a multi-vitamin, or actually any vitamin for that matter, its not enough to look at what it contains. For instance, the One-A-Day formula has the majority of its minerals in an "oxide" form, which is virtually un-absorbable by the body. You are talking like 5-10% max absorption, and in some cases even less than that.

A rule of thumb is if it is sold in stores or big box retailers like Walmart, its junk. Reason being is they have to really cheapen up the formula with cheaper ingredients to make it the price they need it to be at. No way any manufacturer of a quality vitamin is going to be willing to do that.

You want to look for minerals in an "Aspartate", "Picolinate" or "Monomethionine". "Citrate" or "Gluconate" are also OK forms but not as absorbable as the other ones.

Quality multi-vitamins will have their minerals in those forms and will also have "real" vitamins in them, not synthesized garbage vitamins like the cheaper ones will have(ie, real d-alpha-tocopherol instead of fake dl-alpha-tocopherol for Vitamin E)...

With vitamin and mineral supplements in general you can tell the quality of the product by reading the label and seeing what forms the vitamins and minerals are in. Regardless of price, buy a quality product or you are throwing your money away because it won't be absorbed properly by the body.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
Junk bro, I hate to say. When looking at a multi-vitamin, or actually any vitamin for that matter, its not enough to look at what it contains. For instance, the One-A-Day formula has the majority of its minerals in an "oxide" form, which is virtually un-absorbable by the body. You are talking like 5-10% max absorption, and in some cases even less than that.

A rule of thumb is if it is sold in stores or big box retailers like Walmart, its junk. Reason being is they have to really cheapen up the formula with cheaper ingredients to make it the price they need it to be at. No way any manufacturer of a quality vitamin is going to be willing to do that.

You want to look for minerals in an "Aspartate", "Picolinate" or "Monomethionine". "Citrate" or "Gluconate" are also OK forms but not as absorbable as the other ones.

Quality multi-vitamins will have their minerals in those forms and will also have "real" vitamins in them, not synthesized garbage vitamins like the cheaper ones will have(ie, real d-alpha-tocopherol instead of fake dl-alpha-tocopherol for Vitamin E)...

With vitamin and mineral supplements in general you can tell the quality of the product by reading the label and seeing what forms the vitamins and minerals are in. Regardless of price, buy a quality product or you are throwing your money away because it won't be absorbed properly by the body.
So which ones are the forms we should look for?

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Ive used them all and they all give me a lack of focus for some reason. I take em at night now before going to the gym in the morning the next day. If I take em in the morning I can't focus all day.
Hmm... I think that is because they raise your testosterone too much, which makes your brain crazy. If you took something to calm down, perhaps you could get the best of two worlds! Maybe a tea of some sort, or a supplement to induce a calm feeling?

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus Factor

B Complex

Omega 3

ZMA

Opti Men is pretty good.
Look into Saw Palmetto, Tribulus, and vitamin D3.

Good luck.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on your goals/current diet. I'd say "if its not broke than don't fix it" meaning if the opti-men hasnt made you sick you should be fine. Optimum makes great high quality products. The only thing I really ever questioned the optimen multi was its high Vitamin A content. (But what good multi doesn't have that)

If your ok with taking pills Animal Pak is an excellent choice
Only other I'd recommend would be the Mega Men from GNC.
Still don't get how people could rank a multi and don't really feel like going into the (Eat only whole food spiel) but you'll find what works. Again its pretty hard to compete against Optimum

U

user43770

Adam by Now Foods. It's a quality men's multi with a good bit of Saw Palmetto. Not too expensive, either.

shonmichael75

Reaction score
Hi,

Along with vitamins you should take a good diet that helps not turn your vitamin into starch.

Best wishes.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dylon said:
A concept is if it is marketed in shops or big box suppliers like Wal-mart, its trash. Purpose being is they have to really cheapen up the system with less expensive substances to create it the cost they need it to be at. No way any producer of a excellent supplement is going to be willing to do that.
marmel and Dylon, not saying you are wrong, but why exactly would they have to do that to sell it at Walmart or wherever? Walmart could sell expensive vitamins just like they could inexpensive ones.

Price is what it is. They buy and sell it at a mark up. The formula may not be the best, I don't know, but to suggest Walmart can't carry a good product is sort of asinine.

Archer 22

Reaction score
You need to adopt a perfect diet.If you are training of participating in sports you need to make you diet well maintained.
For that i suggest you all natural foods, you should eat food which is natural and rich in nutrition.
Eat red meat,eggs,fish,beans,Nuts, and drink milk
Also eat vegetables and fruits that will surely make you healthy and it will give you all required vitamins and minerals.Natural things are very rich in nutrition.
if you will have some kind of supplement that will boost your energy rapidly but after a while you will have to face side effects because its all contains on steroids. SO THINK ABOUT IT!

Archer 22

Reaction score
Archer 22 said:
You need to adopt a perfect diet.If you are training of participating in sports you need to make you diet well maintained.
For that i suggest you all natural foods, you should eat food which is natural and rich in nutrition.
Eat red meat,eggs,fish,beans,Nuts, and drink milk
Also eat vegetables and fruits that will surely make you healthy and it will give you all required vitamins and minerals.Natural things are very rich in nutrition.
if you will have some kind of supplement that will boost your energy rapidly but after a while you will have to face side effects because its all contains on steroids. SO THINK ABOUT IT!
Any comments?

marketing ideas for personal trainers

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
in most areas of the world, the soil is depleted of certain minerals, or NEVER had them in the first place (like selenium or zinc) so there is no WAY that the plants and animals can have all the goodies you need. Also, a great many of the larger fish(like tuna) have pretty high levels of mercury. So beware of stuffing yourself too heavily with fish. Of course, most meat,eggs, dairy and chicken are full of chemicals, steroids and such, too.