Can you expect X percentage of women to automatically Flake?

Game617

Don Juan
Reaction score
For example I meet this girl and her gay friend at a bar tonight. I'm talking to them. She casually drops that she's single. Mentions they're going to a Mexican restaurant up the street and if I want I should stop by. (In retrospect should have just said OK I'll roll with you) I ask for her number, she calls me and I get her number. I'm going near the only 24 hour store for Cigs a minute up the street, and figure fk it, I didn't take the hint and close asap last time. I get there. Make small talk with her, talk to her gay friend. Go to grab a beer at the bar and the bi*tch walks out the door. They were already fixing to leave when I got there. But still, no cordial goodbye or anything. Have to lose her number...no way I'm calling her after that. Fk her.

Is it to be expected that around 50% or so of girls will flake until you close? Is it a matter of tightening your game? Does it happen to the best, only less often? This is why I'm thinking first or second night you need to make a move and make out with her. Not even give them room for that bull****. Go with the flow and aim to close asap.

(Kind of figure I had the same or lesser chance if I had waited to call her later in the week or forgot to call her) Wasn't even aiming to game the chick the sh*t just happened naturally. Trying to understand if and where I can improve and learn, if I'm doing anything wrong. Not that I give a flying fk about the individual chick.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it's exactly 53.85% :)

Depends mostly on how you're meeting them. Day game chicks will flake at a high percentage rate. Bar chicks possibly even higher. Club very high too. Online is extremely low.

Also depends on what you do to get them interested. And depends on other factors you have no control over. Obsessing about each flake is counter-productive. If you're picking up women live, in places where they're not explicitly single and looking (ie., singles mixers), just expect that she's more than likely a flake. Therefore get tons of contacts rather than worrying about a few.

You say you're looking to improve and learn but you really told us nothing about what you did, other than not going with her and rather meeting up with her later. Yes, it probably would have been better to go with her, but then again maybe not. You haven't given any other information about what you did.

Just keep plugging away.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
90 percent flake rate here :)

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the ages of 22-26, when I was trying to pick up women in person, before I started online dating, I literally had a 100% flake rate with the exception of one fattie who picked me up coincidentally on my 24th birthday.

Four years of 100% flake. Try that out.

Game617

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her and her gay friend were sitting two seats away from me at the bar. I opened a conversation with her and the friend. She mentioned going to some single's party for valentines day. It was nearing 1AM. Said they were going to a Mexican place right up the street. Told me I should stop by. I said let me take down your number. She call's me and I get her number.

She was the one who mentioned me stopping by. Gave me her number without much hesitation. They were about to leave the restaurant when I got there. But my guess is the gay friend saw me walk in and said something like...omg wtf is he doing here. Not knowing she asked me about stopping by. Or the girl is straight dumb.

If it's so common for girls to flake. As you getter better in your game do you reduce the amount of flakes? How do you do so? Is it a matter of building comfort and keeping it casual?

Game617

Don Juan
Reaction score
casaanova said:
He actually said the same exact thing as I did above. Should make a move and close on her pretty arse ASAP. Even if she offer's resistance, after making out with her passionately and feeling up her body...it changes the whole dynamic.

"meaning that if you’ve met a smoking hot attention wh**e with paranoid self-esteem issues you may as well wipe your a** with that number close. You’d've been better off shooting for the f**k close on the roof deck behind the fake palm tree."

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you need to do a better job in the initial approach, making sure she is really interested versus only kind of interested.

If you think she will not answer her phone or not go out with you, don't waste your time. I've gotten numbers, walked away, and immediately deleted them because I got a bad vibe.

Not worth your energy.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While reducing the flake rate is very hard, with experience comes easy to predict which girls will flake and which not...its a mix of instinct and reasoning based on past cases.

Personally I found out that the more time you spent with a girl the first you meet and the more rapport is built, the less chances of flake.

Opening a girl, talking to her 5 minutes to get her number and then losing her in the club is a 99% chance of flake unless you're very hot or very interesting.

Having drinks toghter, dancing toghter and making out critically decrease the chances of flaking for the simple fact that the investment is recprocal.

Also Espi has a point, when she controls the frame she loses interest and put you in the same category of the many random guys she have around anytime she goes out.

An other sure flake indicator is the lack of proposal to meet from her, when she talk about sure one day we will meet its a no go, if she really wants to meet you again she will put an effort in planning it, like sharing details about places she attends or incoming events while showing entusiasm for that.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aye! As long as you have other options it won't matter.