Can watching "F:R:I:E:N:D:S" kill your DJ skills ?

Reaction score
I've been watching this serie for a time now and have been on this board for a while also but what I haven't realized if watching FRIENDS could be a detriment to my cause...
The three guys at FRIENDS are not what I would call the most experienced DJ's ...

what do you guys think ?

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch FRIENDS if you like it. What TV you watch shouldn't affect your life if you don't take it seriously, and man, getting life skills from a sitcom isn't really the wisest course of action.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been said a million times, tv conditions us to think in a certain way. Id reccomend not watching too much tv.

padrote

Don Juan
Reaction score
I watch Friends and I'd guess that Joey would be a dj.

liberal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never got what was so funny about "Friends." It always seemed like everyone else thought it was funny, except me.

Seinfeld was the same way. Just didn't think it was funny.

"The Drew Carey Show" is my favorite. Now that's comedy.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol @ this thread!

If you want, u can pick up the good qualities that they have in "friends" and apply them and see if they work for you or not, but other than that it shouldnt AFFECT u in any way that you dont WANT it to. If it does, then u are a very weak person. :rolleyes:

Laterz...

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: lol @ this thread!

I'll humor you but give you some real truth.

I dunno if anyone else has noticed this but at least 99 percent of males that you see on sit coms have very ACF ways. (it sometimes makes me sick when I watch TV)

I used to watch the show blind date almost every night and as I was reading DYD and other things I really got sickened at the way guys would act (so I stopped watching) and now while watching other shows I see the same AFC trends in guys. When i'm watching TV with a chick i will literally SCREAM at the TV at time saying stuff like "NO dont ask her out" STOP KIISING HER ASS" it too the point where many chicks I know tell me to just stay watching sports.

MOST RECENTLY i'm noticeing about the songs I hear on the radio, we all hear them R and B or slow songs WORSHIPING women.

So bacaically just be strong and dont let the media change what you know and you know works, even tho in these shows and songs where you hear the guy begging over a girl and he MAY eventally get them look at how long it takes (in ROSS' case since u like friends) and look how much energy he wasted, when he could have come in like Palo (the guy that stole rachel away in friends) and had her to begin with.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Media affects us all in some way or another, unless you live in a really rural place where you Ma, Pa, Haus and Lil Joe don't have a tv, radio, and don't get the paper.

I definately know it effects me, I watch the news a lot as well as dateline, 20/20, 60 minutes etc etc (I they have good conversations starter stories) but more often then not these programs alter my thinking about certian subjects even if just slightly.

TV programs like Friends shouldn't have too much bearing though I think. I mean they're fictional programs designed to entertain and not inform. If you should be affected by something you view on TV or read about it should be somethin designed to inform or instruct.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watching broadcast television is a waste. And I think it really does rot your mind, just like your parents said.

Half of it's commercials, and 49% of it is crap.

I barely know what a sitcom is. In high school, I once asked a social studies teacher what "sitcom" means in class. Needless to say I looked VERY uncool.

I'd recommend just not watching television anymore. If you've got gobs of time go to the library or on the Internet and educate yourself.

And if you want celebrity gossip and all that sh|t, you can still find that on the Internet.

Keep in mind, these shows are just that: shows. They don't reflect reality, and are designed for one purpose. To give your typical person what he wants to see. There almost nothing on that I want to see, but then again I'm apparently not typical in that respect.

Same goes for motion pictures. If you really want to see one where the uber-AFC gets the girl, watch 100 girls. Why I rented it that night I don't know...but I regret it now. I didn't find it funny...I found it sad, especially because it's going to make more men into AFCs.

Ben

P.S. If you're wondering, I grew up without broadcast television. Apparently I belong to a small minority that is ever shrinking. I was almost 6 when they decided that it was a waste of time. Then we got to save a few bucks every month from no cable bill.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: lol @ this thread!

Originally posted by yunghova35

MOST RECENTLY i'm noticeing about the songs I hear on the radio, we all hear them R and B or slow songs WORSHIPING women.

actually most modern female artists write songs about relationships in a negative way or are bit-ching about men.

on the other hand most songs from male artists are about loving a girl.

you only have to listen to the radio and count them. it is quite sick actually

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
music sucks ass.

it really does..90 percent of music is AFC

thats why I listen to Hip hop more now.

or none at all.

I watch a ton of sports and CNN on tv..and thats about it for me.

I try to live my own life...why watch friends when you could be ****ing a women, playing a sport, climbing a rock.

hell Ill recommend video games over TV!

pootwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah! right on!

Music sucks!
All movies suck!
TV? that sucks ass!
All forms of entertainment can go to hell!

When you think about it.. everything is a load of crap. Comedy eh? who's idea was that! they should be burned alive.

Thank god John Lennon was shot. as if we needed another stupid song about 'peace & love'. why couldn't that guy GET A LIFE.
i mean.. Yoko!? he was rich & famous! he could have had anyone! instead he ignored what everyone else thought & went for someone he really conected with, someone who understood him, his soulmate. What a LOSER.

If he spent more time on his game than on his real passions in life & something as soul-less as music then he might have led a worthwhile existance.

& don't even get me started on that twit Stanley Kubrick!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by pootwo
yeah! right on!

Music sucks!
All movies suck!
TV? that sucks ass!
All forms of entertainment can go to hell!

And so can this thread!! :rolleyes:

C'mon people...ANYTHING can affect your "DJness" if you're sheepish and impressionable enough to incorporate into your personality anything the ridiculous entertainment industry spoon-feeds you.

But then...if that were the case, you don't really have all that much "DJness" to be affected. :p

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out this article from Henry Makow satanic tv saturday night

watching little tv helps your dj skills? actually it helps EVERYTHING!! you will be healthier mentally, phiscally, you will be better able to concentrate on what's really important. The less tv you watch the better your life will be.

Reaction score
We all at some point fall for habits and stuff we do in life we are not quite aware of that could seriously affect our social life and skills as a DJ negatively ... thats why I ask...

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I have suggested in previous articles, large sections of the elite have been subverted by satanic secret societies dedicated to establishing a new world order devoted to Lucifer. This requires a breakdown of all standards of morality and belief in God. The battle between paganism and monotheism has been going on for millennia. Paganism went underground and gradually subverted religion and society. The attack on Iraq and the "war on terror" will further degrade humanity and bring about a "culling" (nuclear war, smallpox virus), depression and one world tyranny
IS THIS MAKOW GUY ON CRACK?!

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe The Homophobe
Check out this article from Henry Makow satanic tv saturday night

watching little tv helps your dj skills? actually it helps EVERYTHING!! you will be healthier mentally, phiscally, you will be better able to concentrate on what's really important. The less tv you watch the better your life will be.
I agree.

I've read that the increase in overall television watching has made people more and more anti-social. It was in the book Bowling Alone, I think it was. It has graphs and many interesting statistics.

It also suggests that the more television people watch, the more aggressively they drive.

Ben

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
The stories that a socirty tells itself is very important. TV shouldn't be blamed for anyones lack of success with women, but it does show us the curent values and ideas of our culture.

TV men are very AFCish, I think most shows are geared toward females, and all of the real man's shows end up on cable or never ger greenlighted. Every guy is supposed to be sensitive, babbling fools around women. Watch any sitcom, there's a fat loser husband with a hot wife, who is smarter and always busting his balls. Damn, that sounds like how most of my friend get treated in relationships. Feminism has done a great job at pacifying men in the media. Are there any strong men on tv? The only non-whiney guys on tv are the bad boys, brooding, fighting, then eventual softening up to some dames feet.

AL Bundy and his pals had it right

NO MA'M NO MA'M:cool: