can u be a DJ 24/7?

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
i realized through my experience as a future master DJ that my personality changes when i am around certain people...specifically whenever i am with my family (mom, dad, or bro) i am not as you say a "DJ"... however when im with friends or by myself i am spitting game like it's nothing... does anybody else have a similar problem?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could be one of three things:
  1. A DJ
  2. An AFC/RARF
  3. A poser.
    [/list=1]

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a DJ is not something you turn on or off.

When you become a DJ you just are a DJ, 24/7.

Not everything in life is about how many girls you can get.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
Being a DJ is not something you turn on or off.

When you become a DJ you just are a DJ, 24/7.

Not everything in life is about how many girls you can get.
I was going to say the same thing. You're either a DJ or you are not.

ego

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even like the term 'DJ' anymore, but to explain i'll refer to the typical DJ-behaviour.

Yeah, I do. Not all the time, but I act confident and funny, positive and optimistic around my family. Even with my grandmother and her friends.

At a relatives birthday-party some weeks ago:

One of the older ladies(Me sitting among my grandmothers older friends in living room) - "So, have you found yourself a cute girl or girlfriend yet?"

Me - "Oh, haha, girlfriend? No, I can't decide which one I'd pick!"

Ladies giggeling and smiling.

Grandma - "Haha, you say so...?"

"Yeah, and I mean, isn't it unfair if I just pick the first best without giving the others the opportunity to meet me? haha c'mon!"

Ladies giggeling and smiling again.

One lady - "Oh, what a charming young man!"

Grandma - "Haha, Yeah, at least there's nothing wrong with the confidence!"

And yeah, they love it. :) As long as you're not being too ****y.

CobaltBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, nice one ego.

It's a whole lot better than saying, no offence grandma but I have ALOT of girfriends!

I just keep the confidence and the conversational skills constant, the rest differs.

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what u are saying upcomingDJ.. as I am a RAFC I go into 'DJ mode' (or try!) when gaming women but when I'm with my family or ppl like that I just relax into my 'normal' state of being.

:confused:

I know ppl are saying you should be a 'DJ' 24/7 but I have found difficulties with this theory. For example yesterday at work I was having a cigarette with a female employee (40+) and she made some jokey remark 'you amaze me!' ie taking the p*** out of me about something.

So I retort with 'Well I guess I am pretty amazing!' which, I thought was pretty good C&F (off the top of the head, anyways). So then both her and another woman look at me with a face like 'WTF?!?'

I cursed myself under my breath later for trying to be C&F with two ppl I clearly wasn't trying to attract. It felt like there was a time and a place for everything, and that wasn't the time or place.

So while I think you should 'be a DJ' 24/7, tone down the ****yness/charm or whatever when you are not trying to attract anyone. This is a better approach.

DJDanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
depends tripleX. If you were a DJ 24/7 and they were used to more this kind of behavior from you then i don't think they would have been as suprised. But if all of a sudden you are just bringing this out after they know you to have a different personality then of course it would suprise them.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are truly a DJ, you'll be one all the time.

Being a DJ isn't a mood. It's an attitude, lifestyle, view of life, principle...
True DJ's focus is on mastering his own life. When you master your own life, mastering some women on the way is damn easy.
Master DJ notices that women are not that important as he once thought and throws them down on his priority list.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't focus on chicks all the time.

All the work I did and do towards getting knowledge about women (big thanks to sosuave.com) has teached me how to get them and that I don't really need them. At this point of my life they are just food to my sexuality.

I've always thought that emotionally stable people can live without someone on their wing all the time. Being emotionally blinded is bad for your life. That is, if you want to be something or somebody.
I say: never make compromises or sacrifices for a girl (maybe a wife is something different). Never let anyone block your way to your life and your dreams. Trust me, you don't want to be a guy who "wakes up" to his life when he's 50 and realises he hasn't done anything he has wanted to do.

Eh, I ran little out of topic...

So I retort with 'Well I guess I am pretty amazing!' which, I thought was pretty good C&F (off the top of the head, anyways). So then both her and another woman look at me with a face like 'WTF?!?'

I cursed myself under my breath later for trying to be C&F with two ppl I clearly wasn't trying to attract. It felt like there was a time and a place for everything, and that wasn't the time or place.
I think you just lack some practice. That was an OK line anyways. Maybe you just said it little too late, it didn't come off naturally or it sounded little canned or something like that.

You can be C&F to anyone. It just takes skill to observe what kind of person you are interacting with. When I go out I try to attract everyone I'm talking. Good looking chicks sexually, not so good chicks and males just friendly way to make them attracted to me in platonic way. C&F doesn't have to always be sexual. It's just one type of humor.

TheLadiesChoice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by upcomingDJ
i realized through my experience as a future master DJ that my personality changes when i am around certain people...specifically whenever i am with my family (mom, dad, or bro) i am not as you say a "DJ"... however when im with friends or by myself i am spitting game like it's nothing... does anybody else have a similar problem?
Theres too much attention being paid to "being" a "don juan" up on this board, whatever the hell that is:rolleyes: :confused: A jedi master who is one with the force and one with the GAME will be just that wherever or whenever without even being concious of it:D :cool: Youve gotta mix it up my boy, and every circumstance and every WOMAN is different so dont follow ANYONES playbook to the letter without actual personal experience under your belt;)

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
i just realized why i don't consider myself a 'dj' when i am around my family or something... it's because i am not what i describe as "sexually charming"... but i am "friendly-charming".. so i don't know... i don't get noticed as much by girls when i am around family... it's like my aura is turned off...

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats completly normal man...wtf? youre not going to be djing on your family... a better, down to earth, respectable behavior around your family will always be better

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a dj is not just a guy who can get chicks.

a dj is a guy who has learned to be comfortable with himself, not worry about all the social hype and popularity contests, have good self esteem , set goals and work towards them, has learned to have good hygenie , has a good sense of humor

and then he reels in chicks because of these things.

ego

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Thats completly normal man...wtf? youre not going to be djing on your family... a better, down to earth, respectable behavior around your family will always be better"

When you talk about DJing, Don Juaning, with the -ing in the end, it sure sounds like a technique with purpose of seducing girls. And when you write it like this, and tell people not "to be donjuaning on your family" is sure sounds like the only purpose of the Don Juan-lifstyle is getting laid. Oh, I think we''ve been talking about this before, haven't we?

Go study, amigo. And I'm not talking about some internet bible - oh no, this is waaaaaaay more complicated than that. At least if you never been out there before. One day you'll - hopefully - grow up. One day you'll probably realize what life is all about. And no, it's not pretending or going into Don Juan-mode like your life is a damn computer-game. I promise. If you ever do your homework you'll realize real fast that it's just silly to develop techniques to get laid.

Do we have anyone cassanova-ing here? Maybe someone eminem-ing or Snoop-dogging? Can someone please revail the techniques and ways of using pooking or Tyler Durding?

Okay dude. wtf here and wtf there, but just remember - as soon as your biggest goal in life is to get laid and you put on and off your Don Juan-mode with seducing-techniques you'll MOST LIKELY act like a real fool. No kidding

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
i see what you are saying ego... but me being 16 (hormones raging) i can't but help think about it... but getting laid isn't my first priority... it's making money and fixing up my car and staying healthy..oh and school too! and after that it's girls...

Last edited:

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is interesting. I act completely different around different people as well. I remember something about this in Weapons of Mass Seduction, there's this one part where Fingers is talking to a friend and he talks about "context". People will treat you exactly the way you act...and well, I don't want to be treated like a DJ at home. When I tried, they didn't like it anyway.

But I also noticed some other problems. When I have long periods of isolation, like I go for days staying at home, it seems like I don't get along with people. Or when I have a ****load of exams and papers and lots of stress, I don't get along with people at school. Anyone else have the same problem?

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by October
This is interesting. I act completely different around different people as well. I remember something about this in Weapons of Mass Seduction, there's this one part where Fingers is talking to a friend and he talks about "context". People will treat you exactly the way you act...and well, I don't want to be treated like a DJ at home. When I tried, they didn't like it anyway.

But I also noticed some other problems. When I have long periods of isolation, like I go for days staying at home, it seems like I don't get along with people. Or when I have a ****load of exams and papers and lots of stress, I don't get along with people at school. Anyone else have the same problem?

Thats exactly my point... i think its like a positive feed back loop when your interacting socially.. you have to constantly DJ or else you might lose your "touch"... its almost like starting from scratch (kinda)... it's like shooting free throws... take a couple of shots to get going again