can this be diabetes?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hi everybody. i'm a bit worried about having diabetes, i talked about it with my mother and she says that it's really unlikely that i have diabetes but that, if i wish, she's going to have me tested by some doctor. do you think it's necessary, provided that:

1. for the last 6 months or more, i've been urinating like 8-9 times a day, and a couple of times i even woke up in the middle of the night because i needed to p1ss. my mother says that this is probably due to weight-lifting and drinking too much milk, not to diabetes.

2. i feel the urge to eat 24/7: if i don't eat for 3 hours or so, i feel somewhat of a pain in the stomach and it becomes more and more painful. this can also be due to myself being in a bulking phase and having gained 10 kgs of muscles in the last year

3. since i was a child, i've been eating lots and lots of carbohydrates, like ice-creams (recently, 1-2 a day, on average), sweet snacks, etc...)

the things that make me think i'm not diabetic are these:

1. there are no diabetic people in my recent family tree, apart from one of my grandfathers.

2. i'm just 18-yr-old and usually diabetes-II affects 30+-yr-olds.

3. usually diabetic people lose lots of weight, while i'm gaining around a lbs a week of muscles

4. i'm a very active person

is it likely that i am diabetic?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people here are not qualified to make a diagnosis. When you are talking about pain, what kind of pain are we talking about? When I don't eat in like 4 hours I get sick and my stomache aches very much... I urinate at least 6 times a day usually two times per night too... Much talk against it as you say... I'd get it checked up even if the chances are slim that you have it.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diabities does not have to be passed through family because there are diffrent types of diabities, people of nay age cna have it. If oyu have diabities you loose a lot of weight, the fact that you are gaining means it is very unlightly that you have diabities but if in doubt, then better get checked!

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
Most people here are not qualified to make a diagnosis. When you are talking about pain, what kind of pain are we talking about? When I don't eat in like 4 hours I get sick and my stomache aches very much... I urinate at least 6 times a day usually two times per night too... Much talk against it as you say... I'd get it checked up even if the chances are slim that you have it.
i get sick too and my stomach aches a lot... last weekend i had eaten the last piece of food at around 1 am, i had drank a lot and then fell asleep. when i woke up, i had to take a train before getting home and i had lost all of my money, so i couldn't eat until around 10:00 am (basically, i had to procrastinate the breakfast, nothing more)... on the way home, i was walking like an old man, bent on myself, because of the stomach pain and when i got home i drank a liter of milk, i ate 4 slices of bread, an ice-cream and a can of tuna in less than 20 minutes...

anyway, my mother just told me that if i were diabetic, i wouldn't be able to do an hour of intense muay thai training nor even to lift weights, expecially if diabetes started 6 months ago, because i would have already entered coma several times

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by manuva
10) I have this wheezing sound in my chest, and am coughing up a flourescant yellow fluid which caused my penis to fall off and my ears to turn blue. What should I do?

See a f**kin doctor!!! This is the internet, home to perverts, wankers, fraudsters, scammers, pedophiles, hackers and MISINFORMATION!!!

We are a bunch of guys swapping advice over the internet. You don't know us, or our credentials. We don't know you, nor can we see or feel whatever sick, twisted, bizarre problem you have. Don't ask our advice - see a qualified doctor!
- taken from "10 THINGS FOR ALL NEWBIES TO KNOW BEFORE POSTING"

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Further to the above, if you DO go down the net route, instead ask such questions on

www.healthboards.com

A wealth of information, and people that have possibly been in the same position...

Reaction score
You have diabetes. And your **** will swell.

Take advantage of it though, cause its coming off soon.

Hamno

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your concerned about to this to post, I dont think you should really be far from deciding to visit a doctor.

Hamno

arekaye

Reaction score
Well if you're strength training, your body will want TONS of food. Training also brings a high metabolism, meaning more hunger and faster ridding away of the things your body doesn't need. Try drinking water or gatorade instead of milk. Those two are much better for you healthwise.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gatorade? Are you ****ting me? How is gatorade better than milk?

Reaction score
Duh! Havent you heard? Gatorade is good for you. Ever heard of vitamin sugar?

Obviously you havent.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, I feel sad for people who buy gatorade bottles when they can just buy some juice and it'd do the same shat or even bring a mixture of salt/sugar.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by brucevangeorge
You have diabetes. And your **** will swell.

Take advantage of it though, cause its coming off soon.
Don't listen to this. Diabetes doesn't cause the loss of that organ, and if you keep your sugar under control, you can avoid complications like amputation of feet, which happens to really old people who didn't have or use modern technology.

Go to a doctor and have them check it. It's a test that costs them 80 cents that they'll charge you $50 or so for.

As far as the symptoms, you don't have to go into a coma for it to be present, that's near the last stage--it actually takes a looooong time for someone to die of diabetes. Finally, If you don't have drymouth or dry eyes, it might be something else.

Reaction score
Stop giving him hope.

Better get to a doctor quick buddy or you might not make it.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really dont think you have diabetes, the stomach cramps are because you have a high metabolism, the same thing use to happen to me when I use to lift weights and exersize a lot, I got stomach aches if I didnt eat enough.

really active people usually eat something about every 3 hours because when you have a high metabolism your stomach digests the foods faster and you get hungry.

the frequent urination could also be from drinking lots of liquids
most people urinate every 3 hours sometimes more if you drink extra fluids.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think if you are concerned enough to think thats what it is, you should go see a dr.
if you have it, you need to change your diet and exercise and you might even need insulin.
i think its your pancreas that will get messed up if you dont treat it right.
there are different kinds of diebetes
one kind you just eat better
another kind you dont eat any sweets and you take insulin but if you have an attack and no meds ,you eat pez
another kind you take insulin a few times a day and you check your blood sugar so many times a day

diebetes can run in your family and it can come outta the blue.
just call your family dr and make an appointment.
if you dont have it then thats great and if you have it , you can get a hold on it right now.

do it , you have nothing to loose.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PoloBlue
I really dont think you have diabetes, the stomach cramps are because you have a high metabolism, the same thing use to happen to me when I use to lift weights and exersize a lot, I got stomach aches if I didnt eat enough.

really active people usually eat something about every 3 hours because when you have a high metabolism your stomach digests the foods faster and you get hungry.

the frequent urination could also be from drinking lots of liquids
most people urinate every 3 hours sometimes more if you drink extra fluids.

my mother told me that she used to assist her father when he she was young (he was diabetic) and she is certain that mine isn't diabetes, but just due to high metabolism and lifting weights.
actually, i've stopped lifting for 2 weeks now, because i've injured my wrist, and i'm far less hungry and i haven't had those cramps so far.
also, i urinate less, now it's about once every 3 hours or so, while i used to do it once every 2 hours when i was lifting... i also used to drink lots of milk and coffee, so maybe that was due to it