Can somebody explain

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the problem we all get approached by people wanting donations, wanting to seel something and the usual questions is something along the lines of "Hi, how are you doing?" How are you doing is also a throw away question that people use as a way of greeting people.

People do a lot better when they don't get the how are you doing question but rather they get a) compliment b) a joke c) an observation d) a question.

The other thing is we don't know is what these women are doing when you approach sometimes they could are busy, concentrating, pre-occupied, on the rag, had their cat run over etc.

The key is picking up on cues. What is she wearing? Does it open her up to ridicule? What is she doing? Is it normal/natural or she acting weird? etc.

You don't just sit there but these are things you quickly process and look for an angle.

It's about angles really. Maybe you see a girl eating a food specific to an ethnicity maybe even yours you've got an angle. Maybe she's reading book about a topic you know about or are interested in, maybe you don't see an easy angle. There's always an angle.

Mind you an angle allows you to get a conversation going, it does not mean you are going to hook up, it jsut means you go beyond the girl ignoring you stage.

Reaction score
I use hey how are you doing as a hook to make it seem like im coming from a good place. I agree with you 411 the thing is im not really good at spotting those angles from just observing what shes doing, I think that comes much easier after you ask some questions. I also believe that my game kind of sucks right now because I run a interview type of game and im not sure how to change that. I listen to get some information to know what to talk about(angle) It just gets really boring for me to ask a whole bunch of questions. I thought I can change this by being c&f I really come off as an ******* and I've been told this by some people I know when I try to be c&f...

A.M. Bergoise

Don Juan
Reaction score
They where probebly waiting for the sales line, or to find out what congressman or god you where going to promote. Hey how are you isnt what general people say walking down the street.

Reaction score
If people are going to say negative things atleast be productive. Hey how are you doing if that's the worse thing that can be said in a cold approach atleast respond with a solution why waste your time. I noticed alot of guys on this site do that and im not bashing everyone on this site because some guys that responded had some helpful information. AM, I'm glad I made you feel good about yourself for 2 minutes.