Can somebody explain

Reaction score
Okay, so I was doing some cold approaches today. I realized that everytime that I open a chick she stares at me for a good 5-10 seconds then just walks away. my openers are usually about my surroundings or I just say hey how are ya doing today(only if I get eye contact that I use this one). It usually happens when I use the hey how are you opener that I get this response. I'm not really stressing it, but I want to know wtf could they be starring at then leave. I could say that I'm a decent looking guy,but I was doing this after I worked out and I really didn't care I just wanted to approach some girls for the heck of it. Anyway can someone explain to me why do these girls take a long look at me and do not even respond and walk away btw I ll be doing more approaches tomorrow.

crazyboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not her type in the look department or you probably sound nervous and gave a creep vibe. cant answer you question fully because you lack details in your statement.

Reaction score
Lol probably. It was also a street approach as I was walking back home from the gym. I started seeing random hot girls on the street I thought that was the problem as girls seem like they were in a rush. Im trying to approach anytime n anywhere. I wasnt expecting any results. Anybody got some tips on cold approaching

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Secret_To_Success said:
Okay, so I was doing some cold approaches today. I realized that everytime that I open a chick she stares at me for a good 5-10 seconds then just walks away.
Every single time? It's you, bro. You're doing something wrong. Halitosis? B.O.? Unattractive? Bad appearance? Creepy smile?

Something's wrong if every time you cold approach a girl you get the same reaction.

EvilAgenda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wanted to approach some girls for the heck of it
Not the mindset you want. When you do something for the heck of it, there is no excitement, no passion in it. Women can tell right away, or 5-10 seconds in your case, that you aren't really interested.

When you notice a beautiful woman, and you move her slowly into the focus of your vision, she will notice that she caught your attention and that you are looking at her. Don't hesitate, approach.

my openers are usually about my surroundings or I just say hey how are ya doing today(only if I get eye contact that I use this one)
It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Reaction score
Not every single time only when I use the opener hey how are you. I cant see how I can creep a girl out by saying that. How can you have passion about pickup. I think the positive here is I do not care about the outcome and I will continue to approach. Where are some good places for pickup other than the club and bar scene becuz im trying to cut down drinking

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should check your intensity level. If you're too intense and not casually friendly, she will get scared.

They are pausing in order to take assessment of their feelings. The circuitry can be slow.

Reaction score
By intense do you mean like being too hyper?? I talk pretty casual in my approaches. Don do you mean physically or the way im dressed because im in shorts and a tee shirt when I go to the gym I do not live far from my gym

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if they just sit there and stare at you for 5-10 seconds without saying ANYTHING, then THEY'RE the creepy ones not you. who the fvck stands there for 5-10 seconds after someone asks them a question and then never answers it but instead walks away??? dumb@$$ed women that's who.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Secret_To_Success said:
I agree with u 100 percent
While Robert28's statement might help to talk yourself psychologically or for self-affirmations, but the truth is, it is you who is probably coming across as a little creepy and/or incongruent, therefore putting out a bad vibe; could be the fact that it might be you staring, perving around, trolling, for a good 5-10 before you even approach, or simply, as mentioned a few times, the way you look; either way, you are not getting the response you want. Remember, it was you, not them, who went to inject yourself into whatever boring thing they happened to be doing at the moment you approached.

Keep doing the same thing, you will keep getting the same results. Didding for the answers you like on this forum is not what will help you improve on your predicament. This is not that different from the greasy, overweight, anti-social, "gaming", nerds here who somehow think they don't have to change anything about themselves to deserve the hotties. They should be attracted to them because they are already great guys.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
if they just sit there and stare at you for 5-10 seconds without saying ANYTHING, then THEY'RE the creepy ones not you. who the fvck stands there for 5-10 seconds after someone asks them a question and then never answers it but instead walks away??? dumb@$$ed women that's who.

LOL yeah, this is the strangest thing. Even if the girl is "creeped out" they would normally say hello or something back in a b!tchy manner and give unapproving looks to shame the guy from ever approaching girls again. Something is missing in this story. The way it reads it's as if the OP was flashing elementary kids and they stared in curiosity at his willy for a few seconds then took off running.

A lot more details are needed but my first inclination is that the girls he approached were not visually attracted to his looks and they have no manners and were the ones acting weird about it. But details, where is the OP from, age and aprox age of the girls and their approx attractiveness, when he throws his opener does he stop talking and let the girl stare and does he smile at her or not in the meantime? He should probably either throw his opener and keep talking or throw it and start walking away right away rather than standing there waiting for her response or no response.

Reaction score
the girls age I approach are 20-30 range. Im saying this happened like 4 times like out of 10 approaches. I would say the girls I approach are average looking chicks ranging from 6-8's whoever I see out there you know. I would ask them hey how are ya they would look at me for awhile cause I'm waiting for her to answer but she doesn't is that a cue to keep talking even if she doesn't answer that's kinda weird to me. I usually smile when I open with this not a huge smile showing all my teeth but enough to know that im coming from a friendly place.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you are showing too much interest with your approach. you look like the creepy guy hitting on girls as they walk by. go more indirect, maybe use an opionion opener. make it seem spontaneous, and really root your opener, and give a false time constraint. those 2 things alone should buy you 2-5 minutes.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Secret_To_Success said:
the girls age I approach are 20-30 range. Im saying this happened like 4 times like out of 10 approaches. I would say the girls I approach are average looking chicks ranging from 6-8's whoever I see out there you know. I would ask them hey how are ya they would look at me for awhile cause I'm waiting for her to answer but she doesn't is that a cue to keep talking even if she doesn't answer that's kinda weird to me. I usually smile when I open with this not a huge smile showing all my teeth but enough to know that im coming from a friendly place.
Well, I think you're cold approaches might be a little too cold. "Hi. How are you" seems nice and friendly, but if some random dude walks up to you saying that, what are you gonna say? Even as a man, you'd be thinking "Who is this guy, and what does he want..."

Maybe warm up the cold approach by saying something situational....."is it still raining outside?" "Whoa. Where'd you get that pretzel?" "Those glasses are awesome. Where'd you get them? Do they make them for guys?"

Basically, something that seems genuine and initiates a discussion, rather than "Hey I'm a random person preparing to talk to you about random crap."

A stranger asking me how I am isn't going to get a favorable response, since this kind of small talk is usually reserved for people who actually know each other.

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
stop being indirect. Be straight up and unapolagetically tell her why you've just approached her.