Can quiet guys get chicks?

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes on dates I get worried about running out of things to say. I find it better to have conversation going most of the time. But how do quiet guys, that rarely talk, get girls. Some of the biggest ladygetters are guys that don't have much to say. How can a girl enjoy going out with them if they aren't having that much fun talking with them?

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They (the ladies) feel comfortable around the man.

Can quiet guys get chicks? Yes.

It's who you are, that make sense to the chick's mind. If she see a short skinny Chinese acting like a Black thug in the street cursing and swearing, it won't make too much sense. So no matter what the Chinese say, he won't get chicks.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I'd say it's hard, almost impossible to get any decent looking chick if you're really quiet and introverted. I mean let's say you're trying to pick-up a chick from a cold approach. Usually the girl expects you to carry the conversation while she sits back and sizes you up. Too many awkard pauses and not enough talking and she'll just get uncomfortable and write you off.

note.the.smoke

Don Juan
Reaction score
one word

connection.

Kcman

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your on a date and your running out of things to say , slow down a bit , talk about what you did in ur day , going to the store or what not , talk about the news , current events , try to get information out of her you dont already have . and use those quiet , or pauses to apply some kino during your date. or go to the bathroom , or pretend like u have to fix a sock or something cuz its annoying you lol . just dont sit there doing nothing at alllll.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What many so called DJs fail to realise is that there are plenty of ways to get women and be a DJ.

Quiet guys can be DJs. I'd say it was less likely than others, but yes, they can.

Just like black guys can be DJ's, white guys, asians, short guys, fat guys, guys with blonde hair etc etc etc

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ketostix
I'd say it's hard, almost impossible to get any decent looking chick if you're really quiet and introverted. I mean let's say you're trying to pick-up a chick from a cold approach. Usually the girl expects you to carry the conversation while she sits back and sizes you up. Too many awkard pauses and not enough talking and she'll just get uncomfortable and write you off.
i dont think the original poster meant it like this. Yea if you just meet a girl and you run out of things to say, then youre a dumbass. but if you know the girl, she knows you and all that is established, i dont think it really matters if you dont have anything to say as long as your cool and confident.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think he did ask how do quiet guys get girls. He only gave an example of running out of material on a date. I don't think being naturally quiet or introverted makes one a dumbass, most of those types are intelligent. Anyway, I haven't noticed introverted personality types being particularly successful, but I'd say for the ones that are successful it's combination of looks, good body language, being confident and comfortable in your own skin. Chicks tend to misconstrue what you say a lot anyway, so sometimes not vocalizing things works to your benefit.

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bud_2005
Sometimes on dates I get worried about running out of things to say. I find it better to have conversation going most of the time. But how do quiet guys, that rarely talk, get girls. Some of the biggest ladygetters are guys that don't have much to say. How can a girl enjoy going out with them if they aren't having that much fun talking with them?

Well I'll tell you this much-"Closed mouths don't get fed"-in other words, if you don't start opening up, you won't get any PU$$Y(Or at least any that you would want.) Unless your jock or have some kind of special, unique, talent, chicks will pass you up, you can bank on that. This isn't the movies where the quite-strong guy gets the girl, this is reality.

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes quiet guys can get chicks if they believe that they can! In their mentality i guess they realise that they do not have to say too much to get a girl to be interested in them. Ever heard of the Strong But Silent Type?

And one other thing...

What makes you think that if they're with that girl that they are quiet?

:rolleyes:

Godspeed
-Nightspark

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i gotta say NO now comin from a quite and yet shy guy all my life. i have yet to date or have a gf lol don;t laugh its the truth.
gals don';t come on to guys- guys have to come on to the girls that just how it works-yea it sucks for us quite guy but just the way it is

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think "quiet" means not putting moves on a chick and waiting for her to approach YOU. My idea of quiet guy is a guy who's observant but doesn't necessarily talk much especially in social situations.

sony007

Don Juan
Reaction score
sure they can get chicks.

the twist here would be you have to be quiet and damn confident. at the same time the gal should know that even though u dont talk much, u r interested in the gal.

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok then thats differ

Originally posted by Life-Trainee
I don't think "quiet" means not putting moves on a chick and waiting for her to approach YOU. My idea of quiet guy is a guy who's observant but doesn't necessarily talk much especially in social situations.

stalluproar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kcman
If your on a date and your running out of things to say , slow down a bit , talk about what you did in ur day , going to the store or what not , talk about the news , current events , try to get information out of her you dont already have . and use those quiet , or pauses to apply some kino during your date. or go to the bathroom , or pretend like u have to fix a sock or something cuz its annoying you lol . just dont sit there doing nothing at alllll.
I would recommend to slow down, you dont want to be a nervous wreck, but I would NOT recommend to talk about boring things such as news, current events, weather, etc during a date. These are the easiset things to slot you into average. Dates are supposed to be fun. Get to know things about her and expand on it and use C&F.

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on body language if you're not good at talking. I've got women to come on to me simply using eye contact, and good posture. Never said a word. It works!

Note: I'm _very_ shy. Would I be here at age 31 if I wasnt?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by bud_2005
Sometimes on dates I get worried
That's why you don't get chicks, not because you're quiet.

There's a difference between a STRONG silent man and a weak, insecure silent man. You don't have to talk all the time, but you have to learn to be comfortable and confident with it.

And learn to make at least BASIC conversation.