Can I kiss you?

E

easyjim

I was dancing with this chick at a party last weekend and after only about 5 minutes, she asks, "Can I kiss you"?

Me, being me, replied, "not yet"

I thought for sure it would make her want me even more, but surprisingly it turned her off and she left. I talked to her later that night and it sounds like she thought I was a player because she asked "how many girls did you bang tonight, 10?

Maybe I took things a little to far...

But I don't think so.

Now, 3 years ago I would have never dreamed saying this. But after all i've learned during that time, it seems like it at least shouldn't have hurt me. I think she was just the exception, not the rule.

What do you guys think?

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You set off her player shield.

But her question was a perfect opp for a C&F response.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were sort of on the right track...

By saying 'Not yet' that was an outright NO... at least for the next few minutes. You needed to give her the opportunity to get what she wants, but on your terms.

Something like "I don't know, are you any good?" would have left the door open for her to pursue you a little better.

But! This only applied to that particular girl, another girl may have tried harder if you told her your original line. Learn to read people to see how they might react to you. Also, I would suggest look at your body language. Where you smiling when you said "not yet"? Did you look her up and down, like you were assessing her suitability? It's a total package and you may have been ok if your body language was different.

You can say anything to women, but if your whole demeanour has them believing you mean something else, then you can get away with it.

Cheers

zimzum

Don Juan
Reaction score
it was a chick with a low self esteem... It was an exception... not all the girls love Dj's...some love AFC guys... she might have preferred you to answer "Yes please please give it to me ..."...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"i dont know, are you any good?" is defnitely a good line.

or maybe also when she asked you, you should've just went in for the kiss....

unpredictable
surprising
confident
and turns them on (if you're a good kisser)

it's possible that it was ******** for "kiss me already you stud"

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey. i think it was pretty good. tho i agree with the other guyz bout setting off her player shield and being an outright, 'no', at least you got a favorable impression that you're getting some.

thing is, how sure are you she wasn't sarcastic? juz a thot.:cool:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you see her again, the first thing that comes outta your mouth is "Okay" and then she says "Wha..." and you kiss her right there.

When you said not yet, did you smile at least? If not then it would come across a lil arrogant and stuck up.

E

easyjim

When she asked, I waited 2 or 3 seconds and then gave a slight smirk while I said it.

A minute or 2 before she asked if she could kiss me, she told me how she wasn't a slut and didn't want me to think she was
;)

Haha, this girl was actually pretty funny.

I still got her number that night so maybe i'll call her up.

G_S

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have demanded a dental record with test results for herpes and mono and a signed affidavit from at least two physicians.

G_S

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: "Can I kiss you?"

Me: "I don't know, can you?"

Her: "Okay, okay. May I kiss you?"

Me: "Ah, a lawful kiss is never worth a stolen one."

Her: "What?"

Me: "Kiss me you skank."

Her: "Oh, okay"

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C/F chance was definitely missed. When she asked "How many women did you bang tonight, 10?" You could have said, "10? Really? Which ones?"

Don't ever let them think that they have you figured out by just talking to you for a few minutes. If she asks you who you would bang at the party, tell her "No one, I'm not that easy." Make her work for it. ;)

Kamon

Reaction score
this is a real ****ed up topic and situation... i'm not really sure...:p

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You see what happens if you don't guage the situation? You simply opened your mouth and dropped the words without backing them up with your personality. You simply tried to use a tool that you don't own in the wrong place, at the wrong time. "Not yet" is designed to increase her desire, but it only works when you can tell she's into you so much that holding back will make her even more impatient and she'll act more aggressively.

You should have surveyed the situation and acted based on your desire, like if you wanted a kiss, you could have said "Okay, but only if you kiss well"

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by G_S
Her: "Can I kiss you?"

Me: "I don't know, can you?"

Her: "Okay, okay. May I kiss you?"

Me: "Ah, a lawful kiss is never worth a stolen one."

Her: "What?"

Me: "Kiss me you skank."

Her: "Oh, okay"
haha NICE

E

easyjim

legolas.....

you must have missed this:

Me, being me, replied, "not yet"
I couldn't back them up with my personality? That is my personality...

It's not like I acted like a wuss for 5 - 10 minutes and she was SO into it that she wanted to kiss me...

I mean, common.

By saying "not yet" I was just continuing to do what I had done to make her want to kiss me in the first place.

Obviously I could have kissed her right then and there, but I wanted to have some fun with it first.

This girl was young and like zimzum said, I think low on self esteem. Now, a girl having low self esteem is something that I used to think of as 'easy' is now something im not interested in since I know what im doing.

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ha, I'm a guy and I usually say the same thing, after a couple grinding songs i'll say "kiss me" and they usually do, if they dont its a show of low IL NEXT!

Reaction score
Never kiss a girl you don't know in public, especially on a dance floor - you should have said "yes you may, when we are alone tonight!"

E

easyjim

PR Lover..........why do you say that? (not kissing a girl you don't know in public on the dance floor...)