can i grow our my hair?

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you saying a buzzcut can have a variety of styles, but long hair can't? I'm confused.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm saying.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I've grown my hair out, I haven't worn it the same way on consecutive days. Today, I'm wearing a headband (similar to the one worn by Tiago in this year's World Cup, as well as Ronaldinho, Beckham, et al in years past). Some days I'll wear a full ponytail, some days a half ponytail, some days I'll wear it back, and some days I'll wear it down. Some days I put a "quiff" in my hair with hairpins. That's a hell of a lot more variety than I ever had with short hair.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You lost me at queef.

Just kidding.

Well, I personally think there are more hairstyles for the shorter variety just when you consider short hairs ability to change day to day with absolutely no maintenance... Add to that some haircare products and you have a zillion combinations of hair if you wanted, and it still looks good even if you don't use that stuff.

But, since we can't agree on that, let's just agree that combining the two into a MULLET or an unkempt SHAG is the worst and should be avoided at all costs.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shaggy is disgusting and three years ago..

I have to disagree about the mullet; it is the manliest of hairstyles, as well as the most versatile.

(Just kidding :))

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mixmasterbert said:
scissored on a buzz? like a #2 or 3?

I go longer. #4. Once it gets to the point where its too long to spike, and too short to look decent, I buzz it again.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guayaballer said:
i want to grow my hair out into a ponytail but im not sure how to grow it out my friends say to get shape up or a tape up but im not sure i also wanna know if a ponytail would suit my face. and my hair is pretty long right now so i was wondering on a hairtsyle to wear while i grow it out.

here is a pic of me a month ago http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled8ul1.jpg
Your hair is too wavy and your face is too young. Maybe in 5 years you can try it, and even then you'll have to straighten your hair.

guayaballer

Don Juan
Reaction score
for those who have ponytails how long did it take you to grow it out and how did you grow it out u juss let it grow withouth doing anything or did u used a tape up or shape up to keep it neat

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It will take almost a year before you can wear a full ponytail. About six months till you can wear a half pony, which looks cool anyway. DO NOT GET MAINTENANCE CUTS. They'll always cut too much off, and you don't really need them. They don't make the hair grow faster or healthier.

guayaballer

Don Juan
Reaction score
here is an update from about mid june. my hair got curly and lighter? grr i never realized how patient one has to be in order to get a ponytail but i was wondering how much more until i could posibly get a pony tail i can already pull it bak but its like a small ponytail.

[img=http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/5748/hhhhhaqq8.png]

oh and how long would it take my hair to grow out like this

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just going to be honest and please don't take offence. The first pic on your last post, frankly, looks ridiculous. You don't have the type of hair that would even look slightly good long. It's far too curly and it's growing ******ds, to be honest you just look like you need a damn haircut.

Long hair (NEVER ponytails - sorry but they're a feminine thing) is fine, but never anything past shoulder length in my opinion, and guys with seriously curly hair should not do it.

You want a shorter cut, a 5 or something... even that may be a bit too curly.

It's up to you really, but that's just my opinion.