Can a relationship/ family work if your gone 180 days throughout the year?

FieldReportGuy7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Millitary and when I get out I thought about being an Air Marshal. I like its benefits- the security, the travel and the millitary culture attach to it.

The problem is though it requires you to be gone 180 something days throughout the year- thats 15 days per month.

Can that type of lifestyle work if you're married and have a family??? I wanna hear you guys perspective on this since some of you have more life experience and been there.

Thanks.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
No. It takes a very very very understanding woman. In 2011, I put those chances at .10%. In 1955, I would say you had 97% chance.

Good Luck.

FieldReportGuy7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the not BSing with me and telling it straight.

Wow really? not even if you're being A DJ and not an Apologetic AFC??

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
No. Because of this; Women hate two things about men 1) men that are boring 2) men that are not around when they need them.

It would be like a long distance relationship. It would be very, very difficult. You would have to pregnate her, make sure she has money, and her sexual needs are not being met outside the home.

Very hard to find a woman that is this understanding in 2011. Distance is a relationship killer.

FieldReportGuy7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn really? Do you think Foreign chicks with traditional values are the way to go??? Or will that sh*t backfire as well???

Thanks

Cyclops

Don Juan
Reaction score
To answer your question, can it work? Yes

Work well? Probably not

Cozmo

Reaction score
This job

I work at a hotel and am a veteran. I recently had a long conversation with an air Marshall who was a guest at my work. He lived less than 10 miles from the hotel and was there for a reason that I think may help you decide...his wife kicked him out of his house. I'm sure in rare cases this could work. But here's one example for ya. Most women need to feel close to their partner and being gone for extended periods of time for years is bad for most relationships.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another no.

If it was for a finite period of time---i.e. 6 months or so---then you could get through it assuming you had a very loyal and understanding woman and you werent out bagging hookers abroad.

But aside from a short-term, circumstantial deal, long distance will slowly but surely kill a relationship.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen at falcon,with the entitlement mentality and all the temptations the average woman has the only thing you would get is someone else son to pay for while being kicked out from your home after she met some other guy when you were abroad.

These are not the 1950s where the neightbourhood keep an eye on her and who orbit around her while shaming her for being unfaithful or divorce.
This is the cellphone,facebook,no guilt divorce,not my business,egomaniac era with all that it comes with it,nobody give a damn about your medals.

There is always that 5% where the girl is loyal and strong enough to resist temptations but mate take a look at the risks before doing your bet.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Field Report,
Most of the comments here are on the ball....the only woman for whom this will work is one who is asexual or under strict observation and support in an extended family...Problem is that six monthly absences change ones behaviour,even if she was once hot,she will lose the urge.