Calories in/out question

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eating more simple carbs (sugars & starches) than you need to refill your muscle glycogen can contribute to fat storage. heavy eating before bed can cause sleeping problems, but it depends on the person. it's much worse if you're already carrying extra body fat around.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flyinshark said:
I've always heard people say that eating at night is the fastest way to gain weight, so i've always avoided eating late, for fear of getting fat.

I guess i have 2 choices now. Either i start eating after gym, or i start going to the gym earlier (and eat after of course). I can do that, if this is proven to work.

Thanks man, i look forward to this change and if i start gaining muscle faster, i'll be a happy man!
man.. read my earlier post. right after the workout, your muscles have first dibs on nutrients, not your fat storage. it'd be the same at night I assure you. if you do start putting on chub (a) review your whole diet and (b) halve the carb portion in the 11pm meal, replace with green veg (or eliminiate the carbs).. for now, just trust me.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
I tend to try not to eat right before bed, but if it happens, I don't worry.
I've been told that eating before bed can cause sleeping problems as well as increased fat storage.

Any truth to that?
if you eat a gallon of ice cream before bed, yeah, fat storage.

if you eat a lb of chicken tenders with a lb of green veg that's gonna put your metabolism into overdrive trying to digest and break down overnight .. you'll be burning during your sleep.

sleeping problems depends on the person. I sleep better after a big meal.. others might not.