Calling every night ok?

KKnight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi this is my first serious relationship and it's going great. The thing is we have school now and I don't see her in school at all. Should I call her everynight? I've been doing it but I dont like the phone very much because I can't actually SEE her. So should I call her every night and if so does it matter how long I talk to her?

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO, DO NOT call her every night! call once or twice a week and only talk for 15 minutes TOPS. If you like this girl, stop acting like your her girlfriend guyfriend. When you call a woman every night: she has no chance to miss you, she will want to become your bestfriend, and eventually she'll want you to listen to all the guys that she meets. Now, do you want that? :confused: :eek:

Reaction score
ehh, drop that down alittle becuase high school life is way different from college and the real world. Calling her everynight is no doubt a bad idea.( remember always make yourself busy) . Its so weird, a lot of guys would call their gf and talk for 5 straight hours, what the hell do you guys talk about to strench it that long?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I have weird circumstances that mean that I don't get to see her on a regular basis, let alone be able to spend anymore then 3 minutes with her. We hang out occasionaly. I phone her about once a week and the convo is about 45 minutes average.....

Still fail? :rolleyes:

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Docs
I have weird circumstances that mean that I don't get to see her on a regular basis, let alone be able to spend anymore then 3 minutes with her. We hang out occasionaly. I phone her about once a week and the convo is about 45 minutes average.....

Still fail? :rolleyes:
You, my friend, have the correct attitude, dont call her every night because then
1) you will have nothing to talk about
2)she will get bored of you because you talk to her every night

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a problem with the phone. I don't like it. I hate the phone, it bugs the **** out of me.

I mean, I can talk to a chick in real life, or on MSN, though I don't much,, it's mostly in real life.

Except my life is stale, it should get exciting real soon.

KKnight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so now even if she tells me to call I tell her I'm busy? I understand what you guys are getting at so that she will miss me and all but seems kinda hard not to talk to her everyday. Nonetheless, I'll start to do it anyways. Everyother day sound fine? And how do you deal with gf's in school? Do you go to their locker a lot or talk to em at lunch or what. Anything behind seeing em at school?

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
feel the flow of the relationship and act accordingly.

the rules don't always apply. use your best judgment.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
feel the flow of the relationship and act accordingly.

the rules don't always apply. use your best judgment.
Yes, I am in an LDR and I use the phone everynight because I only see her twice a month (not even) so the phone is a very important tool. If I could see her everyday, then believe me. The phone would not be used often at all. It would be me at her house all the time instead of the phone but unfortuanately it won't work because of the long distance. So, I use the phone nightly and the conversations are never boring as long as you keep the conversation focused on her. I am still very mysterious even after many hours on the phone because I open up little by little.

shark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, my girlfriend seems to want to talk to me almost every night on the phone. However, I see her a few times a day in the hallways and have a class with her a few time a week. Also, we're always together on the weekends. This may sound like we spend a lot of time together but in fact, it's not too much for high school relationships.

I usually end up talking to her 3 nights during the week on the phone and ill stop it usually after about 15-20 minutes. In the beginning we'd talk for hour or more..I had to end that

Point being, talk to her on the phone..but not EVERY day and not for too long.

AB500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definately stay away from regular phone conversations, I knew this one girl who's boyfriend did that and she pretended like she loved him calling every night and all that jazz but told me how much she hated it.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by brenbaus
You, my friend, have the correct attitude, dont call her every night because then
1) you will have nothing to talk about
2)she will get bored of you because you talk to her every night
this guy is in a serious relationship with her, or so he says. So talking to her everynight wouldnt hurt as long as he stays interesting and unexpected, during the conversation and it doesnt go for more than 30 mins or so.

and saying that they will have nothing to talk about because they talk on the phone is bull****, because ive found the more i talk to a girl the more i found out about her, while she doesnt find out much or very little about me. The more you know her the more things youll be able to talk to her about, and the better youll talk to her, while at the same time keeping interest up because she still doesnt know much about you.

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dont call too much..just call casually every now and then

basically whenever you feel like it, but im sure u feel like calling her everyday..so dont

KKnight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok ok. It's kinda hard not to talk to her everyday considering I don't see her everyday but if it will help strengthen the realationship then ill see how it works out. Even though lots of the time she REALLY wants me to call her so I just give in. But maybe I'll tell her I'm busy this time. Sometimes I try so hard to be there for her all the time... but I know I shouldn't be like that all the time.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KKnight
Ok ok. It's kinda hard not to talk to her everyday considering I don't see her everyday but if it will help strengthen the realationship then ill see how it works out. Even though lots of the time she REALLY wants me to call her so I just give in. But maybe I'll tell her I'm busy this time. Sometimes I try so hard to be there for her all the time... but be like that all the time.
Yeah, please straighen up! No more sounding obligated to call her because like her, you have a life. No more being submissive and giving in, be dominant...but not over bearing.. Be strong and you will be successful.