Buying a woman drinks yay or nay?

ConfidentDon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always been very much against buying a woman a drink for several reasons (not in any particular order):

1) It sets up a bad relationship from the start as she will get it into that silly little head of hers that if we do go out I'm going to be buying her more and more expensive things.

2) Ask any woman how many men buy her drinks that she either
A) Doesn't know and doesn't want to know. OR
B) Accepts the drink and tries to get more free drinks out of him

3) It makes you look like every other guy out there.

I'm sure that, like most people on these forums, I was once very UNsuccessful with women. Today I'm no Pook or Mystic by any means but I have greatly improved my odds with woman thanks to this forum and various other online sources. Basicly what I'm trying to say is that I'm not new to this by any means. I've read a couple articles that involved buying a woman a drink and I just couldn't agree with it but now I ask the DJ masses what they think. Any imput is helpful. Thanks guys.

ConfidentDon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ( . )( . )
This shouldnt even be a topic to discuss.

You SHOULD be well and truly out of the matrix now which means if anything she buys you drinks.
I agree complety. However my confidence was shaken a bit by reading posts where men bought the women drinks much to their own sucess. Go figure.

Apollo_Jordan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you can buy drinks if you dont give a ****..then again that success does happen..you can slap some girls in the face for no reason on the first date and Im sure "some" will like you even more....dont buy them drinks- I know a girl who woudl take pictures with guys who bought her and her friends drink and put them in her room like trophies..fvck buying her a drink till she puts out - then go buy her a free water from mcdonalds

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't give a gift to someone (ie. buy them a drink) until they deserve it. If you must do it then go to the meat store and buy her a salami so you get this out of your head. "Can I buy you a salami?"... works just as well IMO.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying girls drinks can be done but it has to be done in the right way. You don't want to open every conversation with a girl you meet with "can I buy you a drink?" There are tons of things that can go horribly wrong doing that, making it one big craps shoot. Also buying girls drinks from across the bar is a huge mistake. I actually witnessed that last weekend and my friend and I commented on how incredibly lame the guy was for A. buying them drinks without even speaking to them. B. stairing the girls down from across the bar for 30 minutes and C. getting pissed and yelling when they girls boyfriends came over after they accpted the drinks.

If you decide to buy a girl a drink make sure it's after you've already established the basics with the girl. Seems to have some what of an IL, Good 2 way conversation's established, she isn't there with her boyfriend etc etc. After you've breached that point buying a drink is similar to buying flowers or giving a gift but again don't go overboard, If it's the first time i've met a girl (or anyone for that matter) I wouldn't buy them more then one drink because that reads "I'm somewhat nice but I'm not a push over". If she's into you then it's very likely she'll return the favor and buy the next round of drinks when you both need another. If she's a wh*re then it's likely she'll sit there with her arms folded and say something retarded like "well aren't you going to buy me another" which is a good indictiation that you probably won't want to date her. I think it's a pretty even trade concidering you only spent what 5 dollars and in exchange you got to find out if you're dealing with some potential or some cheap wh*re. To conclude, I say it's okay to buy drinks for girls but being smart and somewhat conservative about it to use it to your advantage is key. Buying random girls drinks is sloppy and will get you no where.

**Note: I will buy drinks ALL NIGHT for any girl who wants to challenge me to a shot drinking contest.

Griffith

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nay -- a friend of mine, she's pretty damn good looking and she's the queen of mooching drinks off hapless guys that will buy her a drink just for a smile or a 'thanks hun' then go off for the rest of the night grinning like an idiot thinking he's the ****.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't buy her drinks as a general rule. If you have lots of game you can get away with anything, but never do it to get her approval or to supplicate her..

This is what I do..Tell her that the drinks are too expensive and that you have just stocked lots of new liquor in your apartment.(Which ofcourse you have). Let's go and I'll make us some great drink, free of charge. Add a time-constraint, like you have to hurry and get back to your friends. Then you isolate, use your skills on her and hopefully you don't return to the bar that night...:)

This ofcourse only works if you live close to the bar/club.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuckwildNYC
Uh hello..... drunk girl=easy girl....... nuff said.

Actually I made a topic about this fairly recently. I'm all for buying girls drinks as long as you have the right frame of mind and in the right situation.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90387
Hey I forgot I posted in that tread as well! Suprise Suprise I stick to my guns and said almost exactly the same thing as I posted in this thread only I elborated more here.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ConfidentDon
I have always been very much against buying a woman a drink for several reasons (not in any particular order):

1) It sets up a bad relationship from the start as she will get it into that silly little head of hers that if we do go out I'm going to be buying her more and more expensive things.

2) Ask any woman how many men buy her drinks that she either
A) Doesn't know and doesn't want to know. OR
B) Accepts the drink and tries to get more free drinks out of him

3) It makes you look like every other guy out there.

I'm sure that, like most people on these forums, I was once very UNsuccessful with women. Today I'm no Pook or Mystic by any means but I have greatly improved my odds with woman thanks to this forum and various other online sources. Basicly what I'm trying to say is that I'm not new to this by any means. I've read a couple articles that involved buying a woman a drink and I just couldn't agree with it but now I ask the DJ masses what they think. Any imput is helpful. Thanks guys.
Bottom Line:
If the woman doesnt like no drink in the word will change that unless she gets drunk.

If she does like you it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
I commented on this in another forum, but I love the topic, and could practically write a book on it. Here are some thoughts.

1. There are a LOT of arrogant women out there who take men for big suckers and have a general attitude that because they bleed once a month out of a vagina, that they are entitled to free drinks at a bar, WITHOUT putting out a$$. I know of three personally, all Attention Wh0res. "Vangie, here sister "Holly" and "Brenda". Brenda and Vangie are overweight, and well past their physical primes, but have these horrid, arrogant attitudes that a man should financially provide for them, regardless of whether they get naked for him or not. "Vangie" has flat out told me that she wants to marry a man with money who will support her while she parties away. If she looked like Jessica Alba, she would be well on her way, but she looks like an overweight Danny Bonaduce with a wig. Her sister Holly, well lets just say she prefers Coca Cola, is shacked up with a guy who sells Coke products, but she will show up at this bar, we'll call it "Cheers" and totally try to mooch free drinks from other males if she can, in fact she was called on her $hit by one of the bartenders when she was trying to mooch some expensive tequila shots off of some guys she HAD NOT even been talking to!!! She acted indignant, and left, and actually hasnt been back since!!! "Vangie" was called out by the same bartender, and got into an argument with him about who was paying for some shots. She drank them up like a thirsty fish, but when it was time to pay the piper (tab) all of a sudden she is furious that no one is footing the bill. She left after a shouting match, and the bartender throwing her tip back at her. It was as funny as anything I've seen on the Chapelle Show.

Another one I have had the displeasure of meeting is named "Lorry"....She is again, overweight, and acne scarred, and thinks she belongs on the cover of Playboy Magazine. She has big breasts, and a large a$$ and because of this, has attitude. She thinks the world owes her a living because she has a vagina. She is one of these (single mothers with baggage) women who hates other women, and "has a lot of male friends"..which translates to she loves dicck, and is catty with the competition. However, she is REAL picky about who she lays down for, but still wants male companionship, and free drinks, dinners, and sexless dates. Well, once she invited herself (with a big group) to ride with me to a concert in another city. She wanted me to drive so that her alcoholic a$$ could get hammered. And she didnt like the gas prices either. So, that being that, I have two cars, a flashy two seater with 400 ponies, and a commuter that is an old Govt. vehicle. Being that I knew Lorry didnt put out, she got her fat a$$ picked up in the Govt. vehicle. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw we werent going in the sportscar! Priceless! She was indignant when she was informed, that that particular car was reserved for "real dates" and not "LJBF" women. She actually acted confused about that......well, we got to the Steakhouse, and she ordered drinks and food, and when the tab came, I told the waiter "Seperate checks" and she was again informed that had she been a date, she eats free, but as a platonic friend, she pays her own way. Needless to say, she was pissed off, and disgusted. She wasnt real friendly at the concert, or the nightclub afterwards, especially when she was busy getting picked up by another man, and I told her. "Lorry, get your jacket, we're leaving"....the look on her face was again, priceless, as she tried to explain to the guy that we were "just friends"

A woman, who is interested in me, and is putting out, doesnt pay for a damned thing when she is out with me, food, drinks, cover charges, other intangibles, as long as I get to do with her what I want, late in the night.

A woman who is only interested in mooching free drinks off of me, because she sees me as a gullible male, is in for a real big surprise when she is told, in no uncertain terms to pay for her own $hit, and light her own cigarettes.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Griffith
Nay -- a friend of mine, she's pretty damn good looking and she's the queen of mooching drinks off hapless guys that will buy her a drink just for a smile or a 'thanks hun' then go off for the rest of the night grinning like an idiot thinking he's the ****.
She has met the King of Antimoochers here. Had we met, she would have been told that she gets no drink, unless she kisses me for 2 minutes. Then, I'd buy another girl a drink, right in front of her, on purpose.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just use common sense?

i buy drinks for friends because they buy them for me as well. I would bring a nice bottle of wine to a date, etc.

but i would never buy a drink for some chick i just met in a club. Most of the time, its a lose. Instead i try to get them to buy me drinks. So far i've had girls have AFCs buy them drinks and give them to me, had a group of girls spend over a hundred to buy ME a bottle of champagne in a club (true story, it was a bachelorette party, and i was ripping on the bride, so they all fell in love with me)

you get the idea.