Buying a Shot!

Spoons

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what do you guys think about this.

After talking to a girl for a bit at the bar and she's giving me IOI's I usually say something like this.

Looking in to their eyes and telling them "Your doing a shot with me!"

They usually say something along the lines of

"uhh ok(always seem caught off guard), what are we doing?"

Me: "Don't worry about it you'll like it"

It's always a shot I like, (Crown, Patron, Liquid Cocaine, Blow Job(It's a fun shot to do with girls and opens up the doors for talking dirty)) if they don't like it when they find out what it is, I do their shot and next them(and they come back later).

People always say not to buy a girl a drink, and I think this works because I'm keeping the power and doing a shot of some thing I like because I want to do a shot and she's along for the ride. What do you think?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
umm, I just don't like spending money on other people, or buying attention. Maybe you can get some other people's opinions, tho.

I guess if you bought the first round, maybe she would be inclined to buy another. (I mean, what's the point of just one shot anyway?)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spoons said:
...People always say not to buy a girl a drink, and I think this works because I'm keeping the power and doing a shot of some thing I like because I want to do a shot and she's along for the ride. What do you think?
Eh, I'm not sure. I don't get the power thing, what exactly does it get you? And what if she refuses?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spoons said:
People always say not to buy a girl a drink, and I think this works because I'm keeping the power and doing a shot of some thing I like because I want to do a shot and she's along for the ride. What do you think?
I think youre crazy, but appearently youre a high roller. Buy a girl a drink doesnt give you any power, i think it takes it away...but what do i know.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Resist the matriarchy, man! Don't give someone a gift just because she is female!

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped reading when you said you were buying shots at a bar.

ducaro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
don't buy her a shot. Be mysterious and strange and offer her a banana milkshake.. if you know what i mean.

Spoons

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't do this all the time, and it was after we where talking for about half an hour. I wasn't buying her a shot so she would of approve of me I was buying her one because I wanted one and she was there. it's all about what frame your doing it in.

Anyways in the end I did get her number(real one), and whe'er hanging out later.

There is a right way and a wrong way to buy a drink, give a complement, and so on. If you do it acting needy, thats the wrong way. When I baught her that shot I could of careed less if she liked me. I did it because I like to do shots with other people and she was already there.

As for being a high roller.. no, just work at the bar and get cheep drinks.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does this work for you?

In other words, what's your success rate with it? Do you score digits normally or do you end up empty-handed?

You need to just pay attention to the field results here. Most guys around here will instinctively belt out "OMG DON'T BUY GIRLS DRINKS EVER" but there is a time and a place for everything. Govern your actions by the success rate.

Spoons

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never used it as part of a pick up. I just decided that right then and there where doing shots.

Oh BTY most a girl will say "OK, what are we going to do". KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! Don't say "well what ever you want"! That's indecisive. Tell her what you two are doing, and if she objects i.e. to strong, hates whisky, what ever, and she Say's "well let's do such n such", you have two choices, switch it to something else you want (not what she suggested) or leave her out.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying a girl a drink proves you're a speed bag, unless you've spent alot of time with her and you know she's not mooching.