bulking/cutting

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just hit 66kg and i'm planning to reach at least 70kgs in this next month, eating big, supplementing and lifting as hard as i can.

the 13th of june (that is my first day of summer break), i will stop lifting weights, whatever weight i'll have reached (hopefully those fùckin 70kgs), for a month, i'll follow this "cutting program":

- every morning, besides saturday and sunday, i'll wake up at 6:00 am and i'll go to an archaeological area to help digging and doing heavy work.

- after lunch, i'll go playing basketball or soccer for 3/4 hours

- after dinner, when i'm not hanging around with my friends, i'll have a bicycle ride on the hills

do you guys think that all this stuff will work or i'll just lose all of my muscles and get back to 60kgs?! (consider that i'll keep eating really big, i'll just stop with weight lifting and supplementing)

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you won't lose all - only some, maybe very little but nobody can predict how much exactly

harwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
cutting is 90% diet... you don't need all that exercise... 45 mins on a bike 3x a week to get your heart rate up... all ya need

(I would also keep working out... that will help with fatloss too!)

(... and yes your probably will lose a lot if you actually do all that every day unless your eating a bang load)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you stop lifting weights what reason is there for your body to keep the muscle? Cutting is a balance of getting rid of fat and keeping muscle. The body is very tempted to get rid of muscle to save energy because every g of muscle that the body doesn't need use energy just to exist.

Don't overdo the cardio either.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you experiment with doing carb cut offs.

For most 7pm is good but they vary some have to cut off at 5. Then combine that with light to moderate cardio 3times a week for 45min

So basically you'll eat your normal diet that you used make your gains but you'll set a time to stop eating carbs, trace carbs are ok. By doing this this you'll lower your bf and keep gaining muscle.

And don't stop lifting weights man!

If you want to know more i can write more just ask.

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by EFFORT

If you want to know more i can write more just ask.
:) Please.

Lifeforce: Why shouldn't you "overdo cardio?" And what do you consider overdoing?:confused: :woo:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With a carb cut off your going about your normal diet during the day and then at a certain time (7pm,6pm,5pm) you cut off all carbs but trace carbs found in veges

After your cut off time you'll only eat protein for your meals and anything with trace carbs if you want

You'll do light to moderate cardio which is walking on a treadmill for 45min-1hour 3 days a week.

You'll have to tweak it for yourself. Start out with 7pm for cut off and 3 days of the cardio for 45min. If your not losing bf after about 3 weeks then set your carb cut off to 6pm. The tweaking isn't to hard just use carb cut off and days and duration of cardio to tweak it.

This is how DC keeps his trainees with low bf but still gaining muscle.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pure Drive +
:) Please.

Lifeforce: Why shouldn't you "overdo cardio?" And what do you consider overdoing?:confused: :woo:
It eat up your muscle mass. I have had it happen to me when I did cardio. Overdoing cardio I mean maybe running an hour when you can run 20 minutes with higher tempo and running too many days. It's the negative calorie balance which is important, not the cardio.

harwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
It eat up your muscle mass. I have had it happen to me when I did cardio. Overdoing cardio I mean maybe running an hour when you can run 20 minutes with higher tempo and running too many days. It's the negative calorie balance which is important, not the cardio.
Ditto

Gee

Don Juan
Reaction score
that plan is aweful.

do you have to help out with digging. if not, then dont.

weight train 3 times a week using the push, pull, leg split.

MON: chest, shoulders, tris
WED: back, bis
FRI: legs

Do HIIT 3 times a week on your off days in the monring after you have eaten something such as oatmeal and eggwhites.

heres an article on HIIT to show you what its like http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp

this is a good type of cardio. it doesnt ltake long to complete and raises your metabolism throughout the day so you will burn fat throughout the day,

Diet is the most important thing though. Drop your calories by 200. a week later drop them another 200 and so on until yo are losing weight. If you lose weight after the first week then there i sno need to keep dropping them. Dont drop to a low ammount of caloires in 1 week as you cna lose muscle this way

Also, the plan you gave above will definately make you lose muslce seeing as you are doing no weight lifting and a ****load of cardio. So just do what i said above.