• eh maybe

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • hell no

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sticking with red meat. Much easier to obtain.

Stacks Of Terror

Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Just no.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay... Where to begin... I actually don't know where to start, aside from saying that a chick will be slightly creeped out by your hobby.

Personally I have eaten grasshoppers, and frogs for that matter. They're a common food in Indonesia where I lived for a while. Hardly appetizing, even when ground up, fried, breaded, dipped in chocolate, whatever.

Omen should have included this in his Cheap University Food list.

Normally I'd close this thread because while it is interesting for the purpose of health and fitness, it goes against the concept of the whole website.

However... there are some threads that are "too weird to live, yet too rare to die." - Raoul Duke.

Play on.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
Do crabs count? They are arachnids

oh and lobster too
They're not arachnids, they're crustaceans.

I remember walking by some stalls in Thailand and seeing cooked bugs. They actually smelled pretty good but I was grossed out nonetheless. I just imagine biting into them and having this slimy goo squirt out into my mouth. Just the thought makes me want to throw up.

I've already accepted the fact that I eat them in bread. Nothing I can do about it, but at least in that case, it's not obvious, until I see that little black speck on my corn flakes or bread and you know what it is, most likely a tiny piece of an insect exoskeleton.

I do think though that if we ever got over the taboo of it, insects would be a good source of food, but I'll stick to chicken breast and steak as my protein of choice.