BSG's ending was a frackin' cop-out.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kara just up and vanishes.

Head Six and Head Baltar are just some kind of angels with no need for more explanation.

"God" is an "it" that doesn't like to be called "God".

All of these cop-outs have happened in TV shows before, and all of them will happen again.

Thank you Hollywood for showing us again just how bankrupt your storytelling is.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, who else had to google bsg to figure out what the topic was?

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow... yeah..

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
Alright, who else had to google bsg to figure out what the topic was?
:wave:

I thought it might have to do with the fbi, snl or byu.

Cheers!

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not having watched even a second of bsg, I still feel your pain. The problem with shows like that is that they only get a certain number of episodes to start with, so they come up with pretty good story. If the show is popular, then it keeps going, but the problem is they got all these loose ends from having all these story lines over the years, and it gets to a point that they just can't tie them all up properly. Also add it to the mix that every show has a team of writers that aren't the same every year. so it can get kind of difficult to wrap everything up nice and tidy.

Even the best of shows that seem "different" usually end up in the soap opera character drama category because that's all they can think up after a while.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop watching reality shows and start watching TV that doesn't suck! Critics practically masturbate to the show:

Throughout its run, the series was often reviewed as "the best show on television". It has earned critical acclaim from Time Magazine, The National Review, Rolling Stone,[33][34] Newsday, The New York Times, The New Yorker, The San Francisco Chronicle, The Chicago Tribune, Entertainment Weekly[35] and many others. The series drew critical acclaim from its first season. Diane Werts of Newsday wrote: "You can look at this saga any way you want - as political drama, religious debate, psychological suspenser, sci-fi adventure, deep metaphor or just plain fun - and it's scintillating from every angle."[36] Robert Bianco of USA Today commented: "Driven by violence and rage, Galactica is perhaps the darkest space opera American TV has ever produced. In Galactica's future, humans are on the run, and if external enemies don't get us, internal divisions will... You'll understand them [the characters], their conflicts and their desires, because they're recognizable humans in all their glorious complexity. And that's what makes Galactica a great TV series."[37] Peter Suder of National Review stated that the series is "arguably the most potent, dramatically vibrant series on television. ...t packs the power of a gut punch on screen. For that, much credit is due to the immensely compelling cast of characters... Battlestar Galactica burns with a combustive mixture of political turmoil and human drama that is as achingly real and relevant as anything on television.[38] Jeff Jensen of Entertainment Weekly wrote that the show "has distinguished itself as one of television's very best dramas — on a par with 24, The Wire, and Lost — because it so utterly transcends both its genre and its source material. ...[The] series' sophisticated stories have also attracted a distinctively new breed of fan, one who's not necessarily a sci-fi buff."[39]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(2004_TV_series)#Reception

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me the miniseries (The beginning) was the coolest little show I saw...the dogfights in space drew me in, but along the way it just got boring.

I mean I dont think I saw season 2-4 and I only saw the part with that girl "Kat," I thought that part was cool but other then that I thought it was boring.

Then I got back into it because it was the ending and thought it would be good so I saw the last couple of episodes....I didnt like the ending.

The shows that I LIKE seem to have crappy endings (SG1,Atlantis) and this one was the same.

Most of the stuff seemed rushed...kara just vanishing without any answers as that what she really was..

What happen to Helo(Cool name) and athena ...after they got the baby (Didnt she despise him leading up to the finale?)

What happen to Adama....I thought he was going to crash actually.

What about lee and baltar?

Too many damn plotholes in what is being called an "Emotional experience that tops everything on TV!"

lol....it's cr4p the only part I liked about the show was what I stated.

Rho

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
Most of the stuff seemed rushed...Kara just vanishing without any answers as that what she really was..

What happen to Helo and Athena ...after they got the baby

What happen to Adama....I thought he was going to crash actually.

What about lee and baltar?
helo and athena had no other role other than to raise the mitochondrial eve

the ending for adama was really disappointing, i mean he flew off into the mountains to become norman bates, completely unrealistic.

in reality the whole colony should have been on high alert of any remaining cylon attack and flying their ships into the sun was really stup1d.

as for baltar, he was gonna invent agriculture
and lee; he was gonna invent extreme sports

Kara was the 'harbinger of death', as in she lead the human race to their end on new earth whereby the new order was a cylon/human half breed in Hera.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But didnt that writer say that it WASNT based in the past and that the timeline was mimicing our own?????

Then all of a sudden they land on "Earth," Where nothing is what it should be and it's close to the prehistoric ages.

It would have been better if they took the time to get extremely good stories going and keep the storyline how it was in the first season.

But I think it would have been cool if they jump into the orbit of earth and the cylons came and they were having a huge fight...when earth came and started fighting as well and took them all out . I know it would have pissed off lots of people but it would be a cruel twist of fate to search for something for so long only to be destroyed by it .