Brit in San Diego...any advice?

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, so this summer Im going to San Diego for about 6 weeks to coach football, but obviously I'm gonna sarge as well.

I saw this film, Love Actually, and this English guy just walks into a bar and orders a drink...then ends up in a 3some with these two HB10's, lol.

Obviously it isn't like this, but will my accent and the fact that I am different be an advantage with USA girls?

PS, I'm 6 foot, athletic and decent looking, imo.

inter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I'm not a DJ or anything, but I can't see how you're accent will hurt anything, unless it's a real hard scottish one. Most girls I know go crazy over a guy with an accent, and a British accent makes anything you say sound sophisticated and cool. So I think it will actually work out in your favor, people will be curious about your accent, and you're life in a different place.

By the way, I've always been curious . . . how does an American accent sound to you Brits? I'm guessing pretty bad, but I don't know.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
inter said:
Now I'm not a DJ or anything, but I can't see how you're accent will hurt anything, unless it's a real hard scottish one. Most girls I know go crazy over a guy with an accent, and a British accent makes anything you say sound sophisticated and cool. So I think it will actually work out in your favor, people will be curious about your accent, and you're life in a different place.

By the way, I've always been curious . . . how does an American accent sound to you Brits? I'm guessing pretty bad, but I don't know.
lol...errr most ppl say it sounds 'coarse' and uncultured...but thats a generalisation

Themj2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh I personally get turned on by a girl with a british accent. It ill make you unique and interesting. So USE it to your advantage. Good luck! Hit the clubs and get some play. American chicks should be easy... considering ive dated couple british girls and they were really hard to get.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hah, welcome to San Diego my friend. The land of HB8's and up!

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
L777 said:
PS, I'm 6 foot, athletic and decent looking, imo.
Question you need to answer is whether or not you think you're decent looking or do you KNOW you're decent looking.

If you believe it, they'll believe it.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I drink a bit too much, my old Irish accent and dialect comes back (four years on the Emerald Isle), and I constantly have mega-babes telling me how hot it is, and many of the girls I've dated have asked my to talk dirty to them in some accent or another (I had years of speech therapy to try to get rid of the Irish accent, so now I can pull off most any accent you ask me to). Girls eat it up, it won't be a detriment to you at all, quite the opposite.

O-T, have fun in San Diego. That area has some of the best driving roads I've seen in America (specifically De Luz Rd between Fallbrook and Temecula). Going there in my M5, I was pushing that car as hard as she could be pushed in the middle of the night with no traffic around at all, and I averaged 49mph, it was that curvy. Fun fun roads there. Oh, and the babes are ok too. :D

Fash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude

USE THE ACCENT! chicks in the US go wild for guys with english accent.

You have to, absolutely have to be able to control your fram though. Think James Bond. The way he moves, speaks, the confidence, the smoothness. Emphasise on the accent, keep the eye contact and stay confident.

Look up my FR from my visit to NY and how the accent helped me out there.

Good luck and keep us posted with the FRs!

:)

Amigu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you can definitley play your foreigner card. It's not the end all but it gives you a good boost. I speak from experience here because I have a slight accent when I speak english. Girls can't put their finger on where I'm from right away (it's Germany btw) which makes them curious also there's that stupid idea that us euros are somehow more sophisticated and sexy (I've been told a few times that they think my accent -or any euro accent for that matter- is sexy).

So if anything be a bit more british than you would back home. I think it can only improve your game.