bringing up lagging body parts

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started working out last November and did Rippetoes until June and have been on Madcow's 5x5 since. My strength still continues to increase and I really like training in the 5 rep range. I have went from around 130 to 170 and have stayed pretty lean. The only problem is that my legs and ass have grown more than my arms and chest. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase the size of my chest and arms without sacrificing too much in the way of strength gains?

Thanks

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
legs & posterior chain have much more room to grow than arms & chest. by what measure do you believe them to be 'lagging'?

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe lagging is the wrong term. My chest and arms have grown a lot since I started lifting and my strength on those lifts continues to increase, but my lower body seems disproportionately big compared to my upper body. I was just wondering if possibly using more volume on my chest and arm exercises would help increase their size.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
gkmantis said:
Maybe lagging is the wrong term. My chest and arms have grown a lot since I started lifting and my strength on those lifts continues to increase, but my lower body seems disproportionately big compared to my upper body. I was just wondering if possibly using more volume on my chest and arm exercises would help increase their size.
Yes, move to a bodypart split with Chest and Arms on seperate days and do high volume.

MM