Breaking up...saying she's not good enough?

Kommon

Reaction score
I don't know if this is some sort of game that this girl plays or what. But it REALLY surprised me. Here's what happened.

Well this morning, we talked and everything was perfectly fine. Tonight, I get a text message saying that "we need to talk". I know I did something wrong here because I've never been in this situation before. She said something along the lines of "Im screwed up. My whole family is screwed up. I don't deserve to be with you." This is all COMPLETELY out of the blue. I was at a loss of words of what to say at this point. This girl is best friends with one of the what I would call a female dj, and I've been thinking that this might be one of the ways they break up. This whole week and even this afternoon she was perfectly fine. I tried persuading her out of it but I'm not too sure how its going to work. It hasn't so far. I tried to ask her about the sudden change and she just ignores it.

Anybody have ANY idea what the hell is going on? Immediate help would be great, thanks.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is pretty similar to how my LTR ended two weeks ago. Except that we got into a pretty big argument beforehand, and i drove off on her. You don't really need "immediate help," bro. What you do need is to realize that your gf is RIGHT, and she ISN'T good enough for you (if only because she'd even CONSIDER breaking up with you). Move the fvck on to better, more normal girls :)

Kommon

Reaction score
Haha, that's what I'm thinking. I'm not depressed or anything, but I've been friends with her for awhile. I don't want it to just end like this. It's really not the way I want it to happen. If we do get back together, okay, thats fine. If not, oh well too bad for her. But I still want to be friends with her.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be stubborn :) It doesn't really matter whether or not you want this to happen right now or not. If she wants out, then there are only 3 options: 1) you break up right now 2) you break up later or 3) you get cheated on. Unfortunately, "4) you live happily ever after," is no longer an option. Now you know why i advised you to run for the hills :)

donpepot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a list of what NOT to do if your girlfriend is
breaking up with you.

1) Do NOT fight with her. Fighting ALWAYS creates
tension and kills attraction. Fighting with a woman is useless.
Even if you win the argument, you will still lose the war.

2) Do NOT try to use logic to show her why she should
come back to you. Love is based on FEELINGS, not logic. No
matter how brilliant your logic is, she's still going to leave
you.

3) Do NOT reassure your ex that you have "changed" so
things will be "different from now on". It's like trying to
bail water out of a sinking boat. It won't work. The hole is
still there and your words are not going to mend it.

4) Do NOT keep telling her you love her. She won't
care. All a woman cares about is how much SHE loves YOU...not
the other way around!)

5) Do NOT beg her to come back. The more you beg, the
more she will ignore you.

6) Do NOT try to make her feel guilty about leaving you.
(Examples: "I can't work without you." and "Don't break up
with me during exam period...") It won't work. It will only
make her DREAD being with you even more.

7) Do not act depressed so they will feel bad for you.
Sympathy does NOT equal ATTRACTION!

8) Do NOT talk to her friends to win their support. All
she cares is how SHE fees about you. Even if her friends love you,
they can't make her love you forever. External pressure never
lasts longer. If your girl decides to stay with you, her motivation
has to come from WITHIN.

9) Do NOT spend money on gifts and flowers for her. You
can't buy her heart back with money.

10) Do NOT push her into getting back with you. The more
you push, the more she will PULL AWAY.

These are the most common mistakes guys make during a
breakup. Trust me, you don't want to do ANY of these things.
If you do, I can guarantee you your relationship will be doomed.
You probably won't even get a chance to kiss your girlfriend
goodbye, let alone get her back.

Kommon

Reaction score
MacDiddy said:
Well tough ****...

have you have the balls to just let go??
Well actually yeah I do.

I just still want to keep contact though. I've read somewhere on here about how to keep contact with everyone you know, even if they were your GF. I forgot where that thread was though.
It's really hard to explain this because you guys don't know my exact situation. Thanks for that link donpepot, even though I've read it. I'll read through it again since it now actually applies to me.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kommon said:
Well actually yeah I do.

I just still want to keep contact though. I've read somewhere on here about how to keep contact with everyone you know, even if they were your GF. I forgot where that thread was though.
It's really hard to explain this because you guys don't know my exact situation. Thanks for that link donpepot, even though I've read it. I'll read through it again since it now actually applies to me.
That's cool, there's nothing wrong with having ex-girlfriends as friends or fvck buddies AS LONG as you remember that they ARE your EX-girlfriends (FOR A REASON)! :)

TheJoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Surely, "I'm not good enough" is woman code for "you're not good enough"

Woman are cowards, you will never hear an honest opinion when it could affect them negatively.

You have to ask yourself why would anyone break up with someone thats out of their league? surely, women especially would grasp that kinda man with both hands and never let go.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacDiddy said:
Ask yourself why you want to keep contact... WHY!!!!

Every guy that breaks up knows your situation!!
Agreed. When it's over, it's over. You need a clean break to move on. You only want to keep contact with her because you can't let go.

donpepot

Don Juan
Reaction score
jesus christ this guy has no idea..you really new in this site arent you?

do you want to push her further?..contact her and be her doormat...

read the tread i gave to you!

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'You're too good for me' is number two in the Big Girls Book Of Dumping right after 'It's not you, it's me.'

It also suggests you made some nice guy mistakes, or she finds dangerous men more attractive. Move on.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even know how old is she or you...and how long you guys have been together (and known each other)...so, how can you expect ANY advice with so little details?

TheJoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
HER: You're too good for me
YOU: Yeah, I am... and i've been considering finding someone new for a while now.

ha.

trajhenkhet02

Don Juan
Reaction score
Either she has some mind issues or she is into someone else. Either case make like the Iron Maiden song "Run to the Hills". It almost sounds like she cheated on you with that "I'm not worthy of you cause I don't measure up" shpeal

librito

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
she cheated on you and thats her way of saying it to you.
she feels guilty but not sorry.
"you are too good for me" means that she fooled around and her conscience is dirty.

Testiculz

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're gone...and you dont even know it