Brak and AFK's Checklist Around Large Groups.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey you all. My bud AFK protector and I decided that we would love to help the DJ community by creating an extensive checklist for any and all of you all to come see whenever you need help.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
AFK and I understand and advise you not to memorize or constantly think about the items in this checklist. Most often, it will make you more nervous than relaxed, because you are trying to think about and do all of these procedures. This list is just a means of reminding you what skills you need to brush up on. It would be good to choose one or two items off this checklist and work on these every night. Or you can just go down the list and check the procedures that you are fairly well at, and the ones you would like to improve on. Dont try to do all of these every night we cant stress that enough. The most important thing is to relax and gradually change your attitude. Im goign to stop blabbering. Here goes.

A DJ's Checklist Around Groups of People:

maintain eye contact and smile to everyone

don't be negative

take deep breaths whenever you get overly nervous

dont mumble

speak your mind

stick with your beliefs dont agree with everything HB 20392 says

initiate kino whenever necessary

Let loose, try to be humorous

talk to guys too

bring up inside jokes if you have some with someone else

always look and smell good

bring gum/mints

do not be self-conscious

dont talk to the same people all the time

be focused and a good listener

introduce yourself to as many people as possible

talk to adults too if you are at a huge gathering

act like you're always incontrol

dont make fun of guys to make you seem superior

stand up for people unless they are just being playfully teased and arent hurt

be a little ****y...

dont be obnoxious

dont do something just to "be cool"

be a leader not a follower

have good manners for the most part

if you feel nervous...go to the bathroom, recoup, get a game plan
in your head, wash your face then go back out feelin great

Oh yeah, be kind to everyone. But do not be a doormat to anyone

you shouldnt care about what other people think about you

find a song that apumps you up and listen to oit(before)

and finally: dont fart, and if you do, blame it on the hottest chick

We repeat, do not go into a situation thinkin about all of this.....AFK and I are just trying to help and write all these down so no one forgets.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah we came up with this list. Thanks for typing it up Brak.

If you can get 75% of the things on the list to become part of your normal lifestyle, you're pretty much set, and in most situations, will be classified as "alpha." They also help you relax and dish out more focused game, but then again, that's what alphas do.;)

Some may feel a few of those are AFC, but pay attention to the one about being kind and respectful, but NOT a pushover.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Standard.

Being nice/kind in a large group of strangers is the only way you can play it. When you get to know them better, you start up your game. Until then, you're pretty much Mr.Manners - It's the safest bet and it doesnt hurt your chances in the slightest.

Most people in large groups put on a front to be accepted anyway. It's pretty much expected.

- If you're addressing a large group of people, make sure you get noticed. Not just with your voice, but make sure everyone can see you -EG on some sort of higher platform, nearer the middle of the circle, whatever. Hence the term 'stepping up'

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed that you get a lot of respect if you 'lead' groups of people in a polite way. Often, if you're on holiday or something with a large group of people, nobody can/will decide on what they want to do or where they want to go.

If you say 'let's go to the beach - everybody ok with that?' and 'assume the sale', I've noticed you get a lot more attention/respect from people. The trick is to do it with consensus, if you start imposing your will too much it annoys people.

Retrothe80sninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Austin Allegro
I've noticed that you get a lot of respect if you 'lead' groups of people in a polite way. Often, if you're on holiday or something with a large group of people, nobody can/will decide on what they want to do or where they want to go.

If you say 'let's go to the beach - everybody ok with that?' and 'assume the sale', I've noticed you get a lot more attention/respect from people. The trick is to do it with consensus, if you start imposing your will too much it annoys people.
Damn straight man. Also, if there are any of the people that do impose their will, standing up to them also gets some respect. Of course, that part works twofold since, as it is often said, the "bully" type people usualy are underconfident in themselves and will break at the sign of resistance. For example, an aquantance(not friend, know the difference) of mine is a complete control freak and doles out small portions of pain to anyone who doesn't follow his orders. So recently I just got pissed off and stood up to him, didn't back down but I didn't advance either. Got a pretty hard punch in the arm but afterwords all the people around (his friends, my friends, random bystanders) were asking for my opinion or even approval for decisions! Sorry to drag on like this, just thought that story might be of some use to y'all.

~Retro

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you say be a leader, thats hard when ive never been known as a leader in my group and thats whos as the partys i go to.. How can i be a leader and not a follower, im funny.

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys ever find that you subconciously know all that stuff and its all automatic BUT when you need to think of something specific for a certain situation you don't really know how to go about it?

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DiSt0rTi0n_07
Do you guys ever find that you subconciously know all that stuff and its all automatic BUT when you need to think of something specific for a certain situation you don't really know how to go about it?
aahahah yea i know what you mean. I guess its cause you want to execute it perfectly