Bootcamp Week#2: Time To Up the Ante...

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
catch, imagine the HB9 or HB10 as your grandmother or imagine the chick being green (anything to ease yourself or just make yourself kinda think eew for a second). Imagine her in the ugliest form possible. Then approach. :D

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember:

She's just a girl. She's not as hot as she thinks she is. She is just a person. I'm off to a different bar this time now, so we'll see how that goes.

scorpio king

Don Juan
Reaction score
7 down, HB9 in a bar. No #close. damn

redline

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey catch - ive got the same problem. ive had more than 10 convos easily this week (more like 20+, after the weekend), but HB's is still hard. small steps eh!

anyway, i found a good opener that just sprung into my head at my local shop. Overworked UG works in this shop crazy hours, she's always there so I went to her checkout

Me: Hey, do they ever let you out of here?
UG: LOL! I was supposed to go home an hour ago
Me: thats slave labour! you should sue!
UG: LOL!
<fluff talk>

That was a suprisingly effective opener, conversation about work just flowed from that... though would only work if you knew they were always working, so assumes some familiarity with the target.

Another interesting convo I had was at the beach, as I went surfing on saturday. As Im walking up the beach with my board a mum with two kids asks me if surfing is hard, so we get into a bit of a convo about learning to surf and technique on the water, safety blah blah blah. Finally she comes out with we're born again christians , and starts talking about church etc. I ejected soon after.

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got 'em in, but:

Well, this weekend was not a good weekend for me to go out. penis--city wherever I went, but last night, I went ahead and finished with the convo's. I decided to go to a bar that I had not been to before, and it was okay. I was able to talk with the bartender, and one of the ****tail waitresses and about five or six other people, so, yeah, my week is finally done. Let's get ready for the third week.

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the suggestion

imagine the chick being green
Also i am finishing off my convos today - I know its a litlle las minute but ive had a slow week but am on 6 or 7.

I will report back later

I cant wait til im 18 (in 3 weeks) cos then i can hit the bars !!
Its hard to find people in an enviroment to have a comfy chat, especially with the weather i have had.

Sarge on . . .

:D

hatcha

Reaction score
FR week 2

hi all, finished this week's tasks. Got around 15 convo's. Today we made a barbecue at home, my friends invited some of their girl friends, so it has been a very nice oportunity to practice. Though I was a lot frozen in the begining, I got a little beer and could release the tension for a while. Also, I played some guitar and that is a nice way to turn people happier, :D, see ya, can't wait for next week's tasks.

scorpio king

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where's the Shezz and RBB?

micko

Don Juan
Reaction score
where is week 3!!:???:(

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Shezzler
Its been an Hectic Weekend - Sarging, Football, Date, Diarrohea (watch for a DR and FR)

I asked RBB if he would kindly do the write up for the bootcamp Week 3 but it appears he too has been busy - so im afraid that there wont be a write up from me this week...but fear not!!! MAster of the Universes thread will be posted so that you can re-read this weeks description and get to work!!!

My Results from last week

Convo Count: 19

Excellent Work Everyone, Your Progress so far is Exceptional!!!

Keep up the great work!

Sarge On...
so im afraid that there wont be a write up from me this week so im afraid that there wont be a write up from me this week

Did you read that part?

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am late starter and am running to catch up here.

I started week 1 yesterday and continued today. So far I am up to 27 EC's and a couple of those have been smiles.

The lastest smile was a smile and nod with a Japanese dude at the bus stop this evening when I was coming back from the gym. It was about 9.30pm. Then I noticed a cute blonde girl (at least 8.5 if you are keeping score.)

There was very brief EC and then she put her hood up - it was pretty cold.

I decided to go for it.

Me: You aren't that cold are you?
Her: (smile) yeah, my ears are freezing.
Me: Mine aren't doing too well either but it could be worse.

(small talk about the weather and the state of the buses.)

Across the road, Debenhams (department store) was having its open until midnight pre Xmas sale and a guy was on a tannoy calling to passersby to come in.

Me: Cool, maybe you should go in and buy some ear muffs.
Her: Haha, what a mad job to have.
Me: Yeah, and he's in front of an open window with no coat. You got nothing to complain about.

Then I fluffed it a bit by talking about the dodgy tannoy announcements in the local ASDA (supermarket.) I got boring here and didn't really engage her.

Then the bus arrived. We got on but didn't sit together. We got up for the same stop. Quick EC and a smile. We got off.

Me: Hey, can I ask you something.
Her: (Looks and smiles - ie go ahead.)
Me: I have to organise a flat warming party this weekend (this is true) but I don't know this area all that well. What would be a good bar to start at.
Her: Oh I don't know that many either but bar A and bar B are quite good. (She describes them a bit.)
Me: Cool, bar A sounds like it would go down well.

Then we crossed the road and turned to go seperate ways.

Her: Have a nice flat warming.
Me: Thanks, take it easy.

So there you have it. I got to talk to a very cute girl. Didn't make any real headway but it's a start. :)

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silverfox
Me: Hey, can I ask you something.
Her: (Looks and smiles - ie go ahead.)
Me: I have to organise a flat warming party this weekend (this is true) but I don't know this area all that well. What would be a good bar to start at.
Her: Oh I don't know that many either but bar A and bar B are quite good. (She describes them a bit.)
Me: Cool, bar A sounds like it would go down well.
Hey... I like this bit. Shoulda closed, but that's week 4 mentality kickin' in. Good job, at this pace you'll get week1/2 over with pretty quickly. Hopefully we'll see you there in week 5/6. :cheer:

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

There wasn't enough of a connection to go for a number plus we were both cold and walking pretty quickly - not ideal conditions for a newbie.

The more I looked at her the cuter I realised she was and although I messed up a bit at the bus stop I got to talk to her. I am sure there were a few other guys around who would have liked to chat with her.

Week 5 & 6? Are there threads yet. I'll look out for them.

Anyway, ONWARD! :D

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
And onward it is...

Met a friend tonight before our martial arts class. He wanted to get a coffee so we went to Starbucks. There is a Hispanic girl who works there who is friendly and kinda cute. He ordered an Americano...

Her: Would you like an extra shot of coffee in there?
Me: Why does he look like he needs waking up?
Her: (laughing) No. But people who drink Americano are usually coffee fans.

She takes my friend's order.

Her: And for you?
Me: No thanks, I'm wide awake as it is.
Her: Decaff then?
Me: No thanks, I'm off to the gym in a minute.
Her: Another time (wink)

Yeah, yeah, she was just trying to get me to buy a coffee but I was a bit more playful than I would normally be and when we left my friend was convinced she was into me and I should go back another time.

So after training I find myself at the same bus stop as last night. There is a cute 7 there tonight.

We stand next to each other for a bit and I figure what the hell. I started by pointing out the tannoy from last night at Debenhams. She is more chatty than the blonde last night.

We chat about shopping, bars and stuff. She says she is being lazy waiting for a bus as she doesn't live that far away. I say the same.

Pause

Me: OK, if the next bus isn't mine I am going to walk it.

Next bus comes and is not one we can catch.

Me: Well I'm walking. You coming or what?

(She looks to see if a bus is coming.)

Me: (playfully) Oh come on, let's go.

So off we walk together. We had a good chat and at one point there was a bus at the stop we both could have caught. I wondered if she wanted to catch it but she carried on chatting and walking.

She told me about her flat and her flatmates and I asked her again for recommendations for bars for the flat warming. I mentioned a vodka bar and she said she knew all about that as her BF is Polish. No big deal, all I am trying to do at this stage is get used to naturally starting a conversation.

We split up to go our seperare ways and wish each other good night.

All in all it went pretty well and she obviously felt comfortable enough to open up a little.

Mission accomplished. 2 down, 8 to go.
:cool:

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no week 5 thread yet. Shezz or I will post up next week.

But it's good to see you making opportunities for yourself. Good job on getting HB7 bus stop to walk with ya. :up:

Looks like you're gonna have no prob with this week's mission. You're doing weeks 1/2/3 at once right?

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah - weeks 1-3 just seem to be merging into each other so I am going with the flow.

One thing I have noticed is that Londoners really hate eye contact. I walked through the City yesterday monring and everyone tried to avoid contact.

Saying hello has gone 2 for 2 so I have ended up moving into week 3 territory.

Week 4 should be interesting.

misterP

Reaction score
Hey guys, starting week 2 tomorrow

Week one wasnt too mutch trouble for me, Ive been in the game a bit longer, but keeping a conversation going is something Ive always had trouble with.

So a good exersize for me. Will post results here.

and once again, good luck to everyone participating

misterP

Reaction score
3 conversations so far:)

I went to the city today to have 7 more. I thought it shouldn't be too hard.
But people just walking on the street seem harder to just start chatting with em.

The first three conversations where all in situations where you'd expect someone to talk to you (gym, new guy at work), so it was eazy for me just to start talking.

So what I gotta do now is try to start chatting with someone even if there isn't any obvious thing to chat about. What Ive tried b4 on the street - is asking directions and changing the subject first chance i get.

misterP

Reaction score
Done a few more conversations...but couldn't get past those two minutes.
I believe its an innergame thing, a way of thinking, cuz I feel like ejecting the second they (people I talk to) don't show some level of interest.
But ofcourse, you can get to fun topics with basicley onyone (Ive seen this b4) so what i gotta do is break through that barrier, just keep talking even if there are moments of silence.

I'm actually making it sound like its a really hard thing to do. 'Course its not. I just need that extra little push. + I tend to get bored with people.

So two more days to finish this, to get 7more conversations. That means some hard-ass work. I'm gonna go to the city again, this time do some warm-ups (quick convo or question then leave) to get in the spirit...and then talktalktalk

---btw, I dont wanto fool anyone I'm making major progress here. To tell you guys a little bit about my game: Ive been active for 'bout 6 months, approached about 50 girls, winged alot, sarged alone. so it's basicley not that fcking hard for me.
But about a month ago, after I was done with the approaching fear thing, I got stuck on conversation and attraction. After a few times sarging without any progress, maybe even getting worse, I dicided to take a break.
After that I found this bootcamp and thought it was just what I needed. So there you go, my introduction to you. If anyone ever still reads this topic that is:p---

misterP

Reaction score
:D had 3 more 2minute+ conversations yesterday.
I'm getting better at this. Feels great to be active in the field again:)
So that ads my total score to 6. 4 more and week2 is done. Those are ofcourse planned for today.
What I'm gonna try is instead of the innocent asking questions openers, is comment or compliment people on something and see where I can go from there. Also, I have to make better use of the 3seconds rule.

But the conversations itself are going better. I'm getting more persistant to keep them going and ofcourse, I'm starting to like it.