Bootcamp started May1st, Week #3

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Convo 4 had at a tanning salon while waiting to get my tan on! I was really really confident and smooth here for some reason. I just felt GOOD.

Convo 5 I had while walking down the street in the rain, this girl shared her umbrella with me.

Convo 6 Was in a coffee shop. Girl was reading, i approached about what she was doing. First convo was like 3 min, 2nd was about 10 and the 3rd was 2 min or so.

Im going out today to get the LAST FOUR! If i dont get them i swear im gonna slap myself in the grill.

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen I have failed. I have no more time left. My final count for this week is 5/10. I spent so much time on this, I've really learned a lot, mostly about failures. The main reasons why I couldn't "just do it" was thinking and fear. I've already changed my life. Going out with an intention of approaching is a habit. I have now more motivation then ever and I won't stop doing this, I just failed to meet the bootcamp deadline. I have to get rid of thinking when approaching and that is my goal now. I've read today these lines in "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill:
People who fail to accumulate money, without exception, have the habit of reaching decisions, if at all, very slowly, and of changing these decisions quickly and often.
Replace "accumulate money" with "accumulate *****" of course ;).
So my conclusion:
I'm going to have in mind just one default thing to say. A canned opener. This will be my entire focus for the next weeks. I've seen this work on these forums, for example Pugsley's "Are you single?" thread. This will prevent me from thinking about all the possibilities. It will get rid of thinking and fear.
So if it is possible to stay in this bootcamp I will use this approach for getting rejections.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
10/10

WOOT!

7. A redheaded HB waiting at the bus stop. I stopped and asked her when the next bus was coming, where it was going, etc.

8. Walking down the street, said hi to a brunette HB8 with a dog. Then she said hi back, and I said cool dog but we both kept walking.

9. Supermarket pickup of a latina HB7/8 in line at the prescription counter. I said hey do you have the time? she said I don't have a watch. So I couldn't think of anything else to say, thanked her, and bailed quickly. If I had game I could have played this - I saw her looking at me before I walked up to her.

10. Supermarket pickup - asked an HB girl that worked there where the sugar was. She told me, and I stretched out the convo by asking 'are you sure? I was just over there - do you mean around the corner etc.?' I'm not sure if this even counts since she works there, if you guys want me to go out and get another one I will...

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a couple observations:

-I had the all purpose opener idea of not wearing a watch, then approaching people on the street, supermarket, gym etc. "do you know the time?". I've used this a couple of times already, and gotten them to respond but unless you have a follow up, then this is not effective.

-So far I have not deviated out of my regular routine to do the BC. I have not gone anywhere out of my way to be someplace where there are a lot of girls to approach. I've realized my regular life as it is is filled with HB's, if I can only notice them. The problem - they are all around, but in order to approach them you have to have COLD STREET APPROACH DOWN. This is the most difficult approach, but if you can get this down then the WORLD IS YOURS. It would also be cool to have more of a night life. I only go out to bars every once in a while, and a group of Dj's to sarge with.

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i am on your 'boot' list but im doing the one that is a week behind, not this one

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I too have failed....only 1/10

I had many conversations with strangers this week but only 1 of them was with a HB thanks to Migel pushing me (Thanks buddy). I pretty much studied Mon-Fri and did little else, then I didn't go out much yesterday or today for appointment type meetings so I found it hard to approach random girls on the street.

I learned from this experience how to say hi to strangers, that is no longer a fear in my book and I can use it at will to boast confidence. I also learned that positive affirmations do work before approaching. I'm getting more comfortable talking to strangers and I'm realizing that the people I want to be around will talk back and there is really no reason to feel rejected by someone blowing me off. I feel bad for them cus they're miserable for whatever reason. I also learned that canned openers are underrated, I will take advantage of those aswell. I too would like to continue into next week if I'm permited to do so, I will do convos in conjunction with rejections.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Final Results

12/10

First 3 posted before..

4/10 .. Short 3 minute convo at coffee shop.. "what you working on".. blah blah blah
5/10.. For those of you who read this post earlier, you'll notice this convo has been edited in. It was one of my most interesting, and enjoyable.. At a coffee shop, doing my studying. Saw a HB 9 sitting on the couches reading some book. Knew a couple of guys sitting near her. Went over and talked with the guys. Looked over at her, and asked her what she's reading. She really opened up. She went into what she's reading, it was some book in Japanese. She's a mix, part korean, japanese, she said.. later she said her mom's chinese, so not sure of the details. Very attractive for me. I went into how my roommate is a sociology major, studying japanese culture. She brought up races, and discussed being in the minority or majority. I discussed how at my school I'm in a very small minority, I'm a white american and that's odd, huh? American citizens are about 35-45% of the grad population, white americans are maybe 20%. I get to spend time with people from other countries. Interesting topic, lots of convo there. We spun into investing, a common theme at this coffee shop. She said she wants to study international business.. etc, etc. I asked her if she's in high school or college, she's in high school. I asked her if she's 18.. she's still 17... BUMMER!!!! Convo lasted 20+ minutes. At one point, I brought up how I am going to leave soon to work out, she commented that I don't need to.. a compliment from her, nice! She'll be 18 in a month. As I look back at that, I wonder if I should've gotten her email and stay in touch as friends. I considered it as we talked, but backed away, felt embarassed to do so in front of others I knew...dang.
6-9 .. Salsa dancing Friday night. Two were short.. how's the dancing? How was your week? Etc. Did not dance with either. Just feeling happy. Other two were quite long. Danced with these two different ladies, talked with both while dancing. First one later grabbed me, and wanted me to dance with 3 gals at the same time.. her and her two friends. My rAFC side came out. I backed down.. is salsa, and "not done that way". I joked about what else they want to share.. share man, share partners, share fluids..etc. Other.. danced and talked. She later came over to me. She said this guy asked her to dance, and he made her feel creepy. She said she felt comfortable with me. I didn't know what to make of it, didn't have a C&F comeback.
10-12 Church today. One brief.. 2 minutes.. Just basics of how's your week, etc. 2 very long. Got into school, what they did, different people we both happened to know..etc.

Last edited:

Genji

Don Juan
Reaction score
I finished, but I'm going to have to drop out of this bootcamp. Some personal stuff came up that I need to take care of. I just don't feel like I'll be in the right emotional state to continue for awhile.

I've come a long way in the past three weeks, and I am truely sorry that I am dropping out. The most important thing that I've taken from this experience is to embrace my fear and push through it instead of surrending to it. It's like a strange game, almost. Pick something you're afraid of and do it over and over again. It's actually quite fun! I'll get into another bootcamp in the future, after I get my life back in order.

Good luck to everyone else.

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Genji, I am sorry to hear that you've got personal problems.
Try to see if it settles down and you'll be able to continue in several days.
If not - that's ok, you'll catch up later :)

My personal problems...
Well, I've got a really hard week with a lot of legal things to take care of. I spent 2 full days in court... I don't know the results yet, I will find out on Tuesday. So I have been recovering yesterday and today. Oh, well....

Anyway, here's the week#4 thread
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=930889

And I will post more comments for this week later.

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm still stuck on 5 as well...an old LJBF came back in my life and I put my new DJ game on her...actually I don't know what I did but I know i'm way more confident and alpha now, so she's going gaga over me and I've been spending time with her...not really out sarging anymore...

Week 4 - getting 20 rejections is going to massively hard! The reason? I've actually been practicing my phone number skills, i almost never get rejected anymore!

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
holy crap. week four looks tough.:nervous:

i'm gonna have a hard time getting 20 rejections because i don't go out to bars very much. no wings.

i'm gonna have to get rejections from street/supermarket/gym/work environment.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
7/10 no excuses i failed.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so this is the week everybody usually drops out right? :D

i just got back from lunch. i said hi to a couple of chicas - but then when it came for me to initiate a convo i froze - mainly because i have this mental block going from innocent convo to asking for her number. i know this is supposed to be fun, it just seems really tough right now. i froze up like 2 times already. the first couple of times are going to be painful...

are any of you guys in the chicago area? let's go sarging this weekend!

i won't be able to collect 20 unless i go out to a club or something.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's working for me

OK, things that are helping me get convo's in, approaching women:

-Keep up with the Hi's.. Keep up with convo's with anyone new. This stuff is an excellent warm-up. The hi's keep me in the mode of interrupting new people, it's not so scary. The convo's with anyone new sharpen general making conversation skills. What's involved with making convo with a woman? Interrupting her with an opener.. the hi's help with that.. then making convo.. the convo's with anyone new get that loosened up.
-Talking with any woman that I'd be OK to date. That was the goal this past week. I have been talking with women more attractive than I'm used to. And, I've been talking with women in my typical range.. overall, 6-8+'s. Yeh, I wanna go for the HB10's. Patience reigns. I'll get there.
-Not forcing convo's. Initiate, if she's boring, let her drop off.
-DO NOT FOCUS ON GETTING ALL 10 CONVO's. The task for the week is to get 10 convo's. However, at each moment, that's not my problem. At each moment, my task is simply to initiate with ONE person. That's it, just one. If the opening is boring, I allow it to drop, and start looking for ONE new person, not "OTHERS". Can't force convo anyhow. And, what's important is the skill of relaxing, not making a bad convo into a "big deal". If it's not a big deal, then initiating the next time is soooo much easier.
-Start EARLY. The first convo or two is/are the HARDEST. Getting that out of the way early in the week gives me time to reflect, and relax. Waiting to Friday, and pressuring myself to get 5 in at once, having no experience at this sets me up for failure.
-Be at venues that help socializing. I study a lot and go to a coffee shop instead of sitting in my office. I've gotten a few convo's out of just doing this. I go salsa dancing, and only go to places where the music isn't too loud, so I can talk. I go to church, and that has it's own social network.

yrock181

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey im done with week three. i thought that we were going to start week 4 this week i even tried to get rejected today. what happened to everybody?

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yrock181 said:
hey im done with week three. i thought that we were going to start week 4 this week i even tried to get rejected today. what happened to everybody?
yRock.. Check posting #52 this thread. Ocean is tied up with some personal stuff this week. I'm with you.. just assume week 4 of the boot camp, and get going. It might seem intimidating to do this week. Then again, week 1 seemed intimidating, and we did it. Week 2 seemed intimidating, and we did it. Week 3 seemed.. oh whatever. Maybe this intimidation voice isn't reliable.

Looking forward to your posts. Will post when I have something.

Tom

Bourne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
10/10

But I am taking myself out of the bootcamp. There are inner issues I have to work through right now. I need to come to terms with some of the things in my inner game that I realized I am doing. Bootcamp is extremely helpful and it helped me to discover some issues I need to address that are inside of myself as opposed to outside, in which the bootcamp will not help. So for me the bootcamp has been an eye opener.