book: How to Become an Alpha Male

shyguy67

Reaction score
well let me start out by saying hello to everyone here, this is my first post here and was looking for some advise. i just got out of a long 10 year relationship with my girlfriend and have been way out of the game. im back on the prowl and am a bit rusty. i have always been shy and talking has been my worste enemy. im not bragging on my looks but i know if i had to judge myself i would say im an 7-8. all my friends say i can get anyone i want but i just cant speak to them at first. i freeze up like a freeze pop. after a few dates i warm up but its just getting to that point and even if i can get there. i came across a few books and was willing to give it a try but didnt want to go broke trying to find the right book on the way. one book called "How to Become an Alpha Male" looked to be ok and i see a few people talking about Mystery method, those look to be big money and money i cant really afford right now. the alpha male book wich is aroud 50 buck is more my limit right now. can anyone recomend a good book for me. im really not into ebooks also. i would just like to sit down with a book and not read it off of a pc. i will continue to read post by post on here for pointers also

thanks

D_Master

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your situation kinda reminds me of myself, except for the 10 yr. relationship. I have a hard time talking on the initial approach, but if I get in, or am in a group w/ others, I'm usually fine. Anyways, I would recommend not spending your $$$ and just read the stuff in the DJ Bible, from what I got in a couple books it was very similar to that and I returned them for a refund.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^I agree. Read the DJB. It will answer 99.9% of your questions. There were a couple threads a while back about books to read (real ones) do a search. I think someone said 48 laws of power and Art of seduction by: Robert Greene were really good. I dont know but i plan on checking my library soon for them.

PS I dont encourage illegal downloading... but heres a good site bittorrent.com you will need a torrent program though you can find all kinds of e-books there.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Your Dating - David DeAngelo. It's an EBook but it's in your price range.

Otherwise get The Game by Neil Strauss.

shyguy67

Reaction score
thanks all for your advise, i have been reading my ass off and the the DJ Bible is great. i can see i will be around here for a while and this will be my new second home.:cheer: :cheer:

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get mystery's new ebook its 54.00 and really worth. Basically a Beginner guide to his method. I would give it a 5/5 breaks down alot of stuff in it.

Only thing you will either have to make up most of your material or find some to add to ur game online.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mmm

Main problem I believe is guys who read and don't try the specific material right that second. If you wait a week, you're retention is going to be way down.

I try every new technique as soon as I read about it. Don't make excuses, just get out there and try it on someone, anyone. Have females you really aren't into but can practice on if you're really paranoid.

The DJB is OK, but I personally feel it has some really AFC components in it that were total crap for me. I showed them to other guys who are having success off another board and they laughed their asses off that anyone would ever try that. I recommend the DJB, but if some things on their doesn't work for you... it needs an overhaul to remove the worst material while keeping the good stuff.