Bodyweight Exercises

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't really afford gym equipment so I want to get gain muscle without spending so much cash. What can I do? I also have two 15 lbs. dumbbells so if you can impliment those into a routine it would be great.

Thanks guys

bluelemond

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of bench dips. The proper way uses two gym benches, but you can do this with two chairs or a chair and a bed. You just suspend yourself sitting up between the two chair seats with your hands on the edge of one chair seat and your heels resting on the other chair seat. Then "dip" yourself down and up using your triceps. This excercise also works your entire upper body, but mostly your triceps.

Then of course you have the classic crunches and pushups, but they don't do much on theirown.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With just dumb bells, I think you can work out at least 85% of the muscle groups. Uh go do a search, I'm not going to help you unless you send me $$$ for web links.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bluelemond
I can't really afford gym equipment so I want to get gain muscle without spending so much cash. What can I do? I also have two 15 lbs. dumbbells so if you can impliment those into a routine it would be great.

Thanks guys

bluelemond
It is fairly tough to gain muscle without a form of resistance. Sprinting would be your best option along with push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, bodyweight squats, explosive medicine ball throws. You also have to eat like a maniac.

Neo187H

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Bodyweight Exercises

Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
It is fairly tough to gain muscle without a form of resistance. Sprinting would be your best option along with push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, bodyweight squats, explosive medicine ball throws. You also have to eat like a maniac.
Look up a male gymnasts routine. they do VERY little actual weight training though they are extremly strong athletes. I was reading somewhere that this one gynmast coach teaches his athletes how to do over 10 different variations of a simple exercise like a dip, all hitting different muscles.

Haboob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I go to boxing every Friday and everyone there is extremely strong and fit and ripped. None of them lift any weights at all, just bodyweigth exercises and the other things that go along with boxing.

So obviousley they are doing something right.

They aren't huge but their muscles are very well-defined and they are damn strong.

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Haboob
Well I go to boxing every Friday and everyone there is extremely strong and fit and ripped. None of them lift any weights at all, just bodyweigth exercises and the other things that go along with boxing.

So obviousley they are doing something right.

They aren't huge but their muscles are very well-defined and they are damn strong.

So what are these exercises that they are doing?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bluelemond
So what are these exercises that they are doing?
probably the one called "lower your bodyfat, fatass"

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re

Credit due to Matt Furey for "Combat Conditioning". His home programs which sell for 30$ or so are useful in complementing regular workouts and building body strength. They're fantastic workouts if you can't bring weights, not to mention you focus on lifting your own body in a variety of positions.

A-Unit

Haboob

Don Juan
Reaction score
The usual plus some.

Push ups, sit ups, leg ups (oh and they just don’t do these, they do a LOT of these), arms up, legs up, on the elbows for anywhere between 30 seconds and 3 minutes.

Skipping for 15 minutes, various leg exercises involving jumping and moving as well as various punches (not on bags) whilst moving.

Plus they do lots of bag work, sprinting, other running and jogging.

Threes more but I’ve just forgot one or two a think. So they don’t do anything out of the ordinary they just do a lot of it a lot of the time.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Haboob
Skipping for 15 minutes, various leg exercises involving jumping and moving as well as various punches (not on bags) whilst moving.
I completely forgot about skipping. Good exercise.

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about chinups and pullups? I've been doing these lately. Monkeys are stronger than me.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
push ups 500
pull/chin ups 100
body weight squats/single leg squats 100
crunches/leg raises/side twists 100
back bridge 5 x Failure

you could still always buy used weights, all you really
need is a bar and 200 lbs.