body shakes when you are really hungry?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone experience your body shaking when you are really hungry? I had several incidents which my body shakes like crazy when I feel really hungry. When I eat a high carb meal, my body, arms stop shaking. I nearly faint twice during a bike trip when my energy was really low. I couldn't understand the reason for fainting despite that I ate a large subway submarine sandwich before bike ride. Is this hypoglycemic symptom?

SMASH.Nitro

Reaction score
It is a classic low blood sugar symptom. S

See a doctor if you have not changed your excercise routine or eating habits to the extreme. I mean extreme like you use to run 15 miles a week and you started to suddenly run 50 miles a week or you are used to a 2400 calorie diet a day and you suddenly started a 1000 calorie diet.

Don't try and diagnose and treat yourself by keeping some cookies or quick carbs on you. This could esculate quickly and you could faint while driving.

Charppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with smash here...i have low blood sugar as a condition and I can tell you from experience that your shaking is definitely your blood sugar dropping...to help improve your blood sugar troubles...avoid white sugar, high fructose corn syrup(usually found in all regular soft drinks), white flour, excessive caffeine intake. Also eat 6 to 8 small meals a day! If you are trying to lose weight do not starve yourself...but eat more frequently to avoid eating a huge meal that willl only pack on fat pounds anyway. anyway that's my 2 cents worth

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ah , yes! i remember the good ol days of hypoglycemia! drinking the good ol fashion weight gainer drinks with 100 grams of sugar..oh boy, i wish i knew more about nutrition at 16..i was close to becoming a full fledge diabetic from drinking that sludge,better stuff now on the market though.But yes, hypoglycemia can put you into a coma and kill you if your blood sugar drops dangerously low..makes me wonder what you are eating..simple carbs no doubt or maybe a food alergy..